• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taomon and Sakuyamon lack any motifs though (it feels like "hey let's slap yin yang on them" for Taomon and Sakuyamon feels more like a valkyrie lost as a priestess while suffering "generic Ultimate level mandatory style").

At the very least, you know what Delphox is. It's a witch. The motif flows well without being off.
Taomon is a kung fu taoist sorceress. Sakuyamon is a sorceress with the fox headress and lots of acrobatics. Valkyrie? Wat? The motif is pretty clear. None of the designs are off. But those other two designs are certainly more interesting than a generic witch.

Atsumi

I hope a leaker shares some customization options soon. Unless I missed something? I'd like to see hairstyles and clothing especially.

Elfteiroh

That's an accurate description of what Froakie did to the other two's popularity

Eh, surprisingly, I was TeamFroakie until today... Delphox is seriously exactly what I hoped it would be, and more. I'm a sucker for the Gypsy witch look, and she got it perfectly.

Wazzy

Banned
Fennikin's final....blegh. Looks like I'm ditching that beautiful starter for either Froakie or Chespin. Don't let me down finals. :(

Froakie is an honourable ninja, so Water/Fighting. Though I would have prefered Water/Dark as Dark is my favorite type and Fighting one of my least favorites.

Partition

Banned
Delphox would look so much better without the fur skirt thing. It's coloring looks like it was the product of MS Paint or something. And what happened to the stick?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Taomon is a kung fu taoist sorceress. Sakuyamon is a sorceress with the fox headress and lots of acrobatics. Valkyrie? Wat? The motif is pretty clear. None of the designs are off. But those other two designs are certainly more interesting than a generic witch.

Valkyrie because of the armor, and Taomon actually is a shinto priest but again, the motifs are all over rather than flowing well. They're not sorcerers - they're priests.

And my comment is mostly on the sudden rage. I mean, I don't hate Emboar but I can see why people would have umbridge with it. But I don't even like Fennekin's line yet I see no problem with the design because it's clear and goes well with its theme.

todd360

These leakers aren't leaking fast enough! This guy needs to hurry and fight rival so he can get another 3rd form in his pokedex.

Vanille

iPHKDpAYqOTr4.jpg

RIP sweet prince. You were too good for this world.

Sigmaah

Holy fuck I forgot about the new legendaries that are going to be in this game besides Xern and Yvel!

WHY ISN'T ANYONE HYPED ABOUT THEM?!?

Why do I have to work today?!?! Fuck I won't be able to see shit until I get back, no connection at work, so when shit gets out, someone please save the photos!

Toxi

Banned
Please, digimon has way better designs than that. Look at taomon and sakuyamon.
Eh, I disagree. Unlike Pokemon, I'm actually not a fan of the changes in style that happened to Digimon designs and aesthetic. I enjoyed the old twisted cyborg look that seems to be mostly gone from the franchise.

Neiteio

People over on SA pointed out that Delphox draws inspiration from Pythia, the Oracle of Delphi. Pretty cool.
That is indeed awesome! I also like how Delphox has (apparently) ditched the stick since she is such a skilled pyromancer that she can just use her mind. And again, the sheer elegance and distinct silhouette make her such a refreshing change of pace from the thuggish Fire-type final evos that we had in the last five generations.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My gripe really is that it's not gender neutral. Too feminine. Even Meganium isn't that effeminate!

Also "Using Psychic power" is an awful wording.

Not when all that person is doing is throwing out the word "hyoerbole" and having the attitude of "someone doesnt like something that i like, therefore they hate everything".

Eh, haters tend to do the same thing.

Too similar to Braixen

Exactly. This is essentially the focal point against fan evos - they always make them look similar. Even Kanto starters are very divergent from their originals, even Venusaur.

DMG-01

So are there any leakers left with Chespin as their starter? I'm worried that we won't get to experience the glory that is Chespin3 anytime soon.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I actually think it looks pretty gender-neutral, is robe is something I could see a man or woman wear. And its face isn't as "girlish" as Braixen's was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom