• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm glad this gen's fire starter looks so awful because it makes picking up charmander later an even easier decision.

Santiako

I really like it, it was obviously going that witch motif path and it looks really distinct. (Much better than the garbage that were Blaziken, Infernape and Emboar)

Tan

Well, pretty much confirms the warrior-mage-thief trinity thing. Really curious to see what chespin3 is.

todd360

After Braxian what did everyone actually expect the final evo to be? It was clearly going the way of bipedal witch fox and we got... A bipedal witch fox. Why all the sudden hate?

Yea this is pretty much what I was expecting. I didn't think it could turn into anything cool based on the second form. Chespin second form sucks as well but I feel like it has potential to end up cool.

kirblar

Delphox is a bit disappointing.

Although I do like how the name is a reference to (The Oracle of) Delphi.

That thing is awesome.

ITS TONGUE IS A SCARF LIKE HOLY SHIT HOW CAN I NOT LOVE THAT
8-StriderHiryu.png

ryan13ts

Did we ever get to see Chespin3? I just hopped on and was greeted to Delphfox and Mega Charizard X (Fire/Dragon, FINALLY!) but haven't seen any Chespin3 or Frokie3.

DaBoss

It looks like a menacing witch/mage/wizard too. Dem eyes. It looks like it is going to wreck shit.

People on /vp/ are calling fake because it uses the exact same pose. From what I can see, there are enough small differences between the two poses for it to just be a common idle pose.

Calling real for realz.

The pose does not seem to have any difference at all. Maybe just a coincidence.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
What the hell happened to Delphox's stick? It's really odd that only the second stage would have that and not the final....

Are we sure this is even real?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
People on /vp/ are calling fake because it uses the exact same pose. From what I can see, there are enough small differences between the two poses for it to just be a common idle pose.

Calling real for realz.

I heard it was posted on Something Awful by a user who has the game.

I don't think they'd likely lie given it's a paid account.

qbicfeet

Delphox was really not what I expected, but it's not a bad design so I can't say I hate it. I like that it's a bit more gender-neutral than its pre-evo.

Wondering where the hell the wand went though.

I'm pretty unmoved by the Delphox design, but I have a hunch it will look way better in motion

No matter, she will still bow down before the mighty #TeamFroakie. We take no prisoners.

Kyon

Banned
What the hell happened to Delphox's stick? It's really odd that only the second stage would have that and not the final....

If that Hag's twig grew into a Staff and she had a with fur hat she would've been ICONIC.

She tried tho

Korosenai

But it does looks good though :)

Still, Delphox is far from being as hated as Emboar was on its reveal and that is a good thing. People hated on Greninja as well, so I guess people just love to complain about everything.
Its called opinions lol.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback

In the same way that Samurott hides ice blade things in its sleeve pocket... things, I reckon Delphox hides stick-wands up its sleeves, which pop out at a moment's notice and it uses fire poi style to amaze and floor its opponents.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Please, digimon has way better designs than that. Look at taomon and sakuyamon.

Taomon and Sakuyamon lack any motifs though (it feels like "hey let's slap yin yang on them" for Taomon and Sakuyamon feels more like a valkyrie lost as a priestess while suffering "generic Ultimate level mandatory style").

At the very least, you know what Delphox is. It's a witch. The motif flows well without being off.

I'm going Chespin no matter what since I'm getting Torchic from the Day 1 distribution and Squirtle is the only Gen 1 sensible choice. Don't disappoint me you little chestnut.

HanktheAwesome

Neo Member
So much hyperbole in the last two pages. Delphox looks awesome. The third Fire-type starter I actually like, the others being Blaziken and Infernape.

How is "So bad" a hyperbole? Because that's about the level of reaction you're getting from 8/10 posters. And to say that it's the worst looking starter is also a hyperbole, as there are only 15 of 'em, and it's pretty easy to form a "Top 15," in which something has to be at the bottom, and we've already had time to rank the old ones.

I'm not a fan of any of the Gen V final evolutions, time has passed, and I still don't like them.

None of that is hyperbole.

Feel free to tell us why you like it, and I won't submit that your claim are hyperbole. We are allowed to say it's ugly, though, and it's possible not all of us are blinded by nostalgia. Some of us just think it's ugly.

Delio

See the wand thing is what bothers me a bit. It goes from not having one to having one to suddenly not having one? I'm fine with this design but Is the stick just still in it's tail hiding back there.

kirblar

All 3 starters going humanoid is definitely different, but given that you also get 1 of the original 3 starters as well, I like the differentiation.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Humanoid and the whole hairy ears being even more exaggerated just grosses me out

The hairy ears have been like that since Fennekin though. Braixen already has that. Also the ear tufts give it a "witch's hair" feel.

I mean, how would you make a mage fox go without being bipedal to begin with?

Its called opinions lol.

Meh, opinions should also be open for being debated.

Ninjas fight. What else could they type a Ninja to, Steel?

Dark. Deception, underhanded attacks, etc.

Kyon

Banned
Why? Because Ninja? Ninja are not inherently evil... Ninja are deadly fighters, master of the martial arts. It makes much more sense than Dark...

That's an accurate description of what Froakie did to the other two's popularity

YAS King assassinating lessors out the game

DMG-01

Renakin just as disappointing as expected. I love how the leakers have saved the best (Chespin3) for last. :)

Canon rankings:

<snip>

Chespin 3: The coolest starter ever. Ascends to God Tier. NeoGAF Believe. #TeamChespin is rewarded for their beliefs by Arceus with the best starter ever. Unfortunately, attracts a large amount of Sonic fans who want to go fast. The only negative.
Renamon: Fennekin 3. #TeamFennekin loses lots of members who are anti-furry, but gains just as many who are pro-furry. The team lives and dies by the fur.
Froakie 3: Actually decent. #TeamFroakie erroneously thinks that they've backed the best, and hey, second place isn't too bad. Naruto fans join en masse in attempt to become the very first frogkage.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Delphox looks terrible. This will be the first time I don't like the fire-starter the best.

#TeamFroakie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom