• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article hits it head on. The republican party is a freaking joke. They literally act like 8 year olds. No matter what Obama does they don't support it.

heh
“Senate Republican leadership aide” promptly e-mailed Politico’s Mike Allen to say, “Background guidance: The president killed any chance of its success by 1) Embracing it. 2) Hailing the fact that it increases taxes. 3) Saying it mirrors his own plan.”

That's... really juvenile.

Clevinger

This is hilarious, truly. Not only the "I'm the center of the universe!" type attitude, but accusing Obama of politicizing when Rubio's been slinging mud at him about his version since day one.

I hope that when Rubio runs for president in 2016 or whenever that Jeb Bush kicks his ass in the primary.

FyreWulff

This article hits it head on. The republican party is a freaking joke. They literally act like 8 year olds. No matter what Obama does they don't support it.

They've become hilariously single issue. All Obama has to do is keep putting stuff they want into law and then watch them turn against it, alienating even more and more of their base.

Al-ibn Kermit

Someone is pining for a new gilded age.

On another topic, this GOP Rep from TX has made comments in the past and he really should find a way to get a non-comical photo to accompany stories about him.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2012/06/Farenthold-Blake-12-19-11-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg[/img
[URL="http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/18/rep-farenthold-16-year-olds-immigrants-had-say-in-crossing-the-border/"]Rep. Blake Farenthold believes DREAM act kids have a say in whether their parents cross the border.[/URL]

I know when I was 16, I could have given my parents a strong and highly influential talking to about something they wanted to do. I could've even threatened to stay behind![/QUOTE]

I know that I was too rebellious to break the law at that age.

[quote="PhoenixDark, post: 39014938"]Seniors vote. Bad news for Obama[/QUOTE]

Well the number of seniors will decrease between now and the election.

Seniors vote. Bad news for Obama
Obama could win in a landslide and pick up Congressional supermajorities and it'd be bad news for Obama.

Colorado was the tipping point state in 2008 so if Obama wins it in 2012 he's probably good. There's always the chance he loses WI or NH I guess but I doubt it.

Also, seniors were 20% of the CO electorate in 2008. If those numbers held they'd have to make up almost half the electorate to give Romney a chance.

Obama could win in a landslide and pick up Congressional supermajorities and it'd be bad news for Obama.

Colorado was the tipping point state in 2008 so if Obama wins it in 2012 he's probably good. There's always the chance he loses WI or NH I guess but I doubt it.

Why do people continue to list NH as a toss up? I haven't seen enough polls to suggest Romney has a chance there

Why do people continue to list NH as a toss up? I haven't seen enough polls to suggest Romney has a chance there
Well, Obama's team considers it a toss-up, and of the NE states, it's pretty swingy. Plus it might be the one state where Romney's supposed home state advantage could actually kick in for him, I don't think he's too disliked there.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
You can easily find the falsehoods Romney is spreading in his speeches. They rank 3-4 times as bad as Obama's worst claims. Has anybody heard the media anywhere question them?

The only falsehood that matters to me, and that both parties are guilty of, is that the baby boomers made themselves pension and health care promises without making investments or having enough kids to pay for them. Repubs pretend tax increases won't happen and Dems pretend structural changes are unnecessary.

Bloomberg Poll: 64% back Obama's Immigration plan
The Bloomberg Poll released Tuesday showed 64% of likely voters backed the shift, which would allow the children of illegal immigrants who meet certain requirements to stave off deportation for two years. Although 30% of those surveyed disagreed with the president, coveted independent voters agreed with the decision by better than a two-to-one margin.

The latest poll results underscore a challenge for the presumptive Republican presidential candidate as he attempts to court the Latino vote, the nation's largest ethnic minority who strongly supported Obama's candidacy in 2008.

Republican senator and high profile Romney backer Marco Rubio dropped plans on Monday to introduce his own immigration legislation that would grant work visas to some young Americans who entered the U.S. illegally. Rubio spokesman Alex Conant said Obama's announcement "took away our momentum and made the politics a lot tougher."

Obama and Romney are scheduled to address the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials annual conference later in the week in Florida, a key general election battleground state with a large Hispanic population.

Kosmo

Banned
The only falsehood that matters to me, and that both parties are guilty of, is that the baby boomers made themselves pension and health care promises without making investments or having enough kids to pay for them. Repubs pretend tax increases won't happen and Dems pretend structural changes are unnecessary.

We just need to wait for all the baby boomers to die off.

codhand

We just need to wait for all the baby boomers to die off.

GraysonOnGOPdieQuicklyHealthCare090.jpg

Guys. Post cap. I don't want to debt ceiling this shit. Should we just go with a generic title?
Generic titles suck. Lets do a quick poll. Title with the most likes/quotes is the winner. We'll wait for another 50 or so posts

PoliGAF |OT| Douche v. Turd Sandwich II: You decide who's which. - Invisible_Insane
PoliGAF |OT| Campaign Mode! because the country can probably run itself for 5 months. - Chichikov
PoliGAF |OT| This Thread Is Doing Just Fine Without Cops and Firefighters - eznark
PoliGAF 2012 |OT| Romney vs Romney vs Obama - RustyNails
PoliGAF |OT| How's that hope n change working out for ya - PhoenixDark
PoliGAF |OT| Butthurt Hillary fans still exist in 2012 - Glorified G
PoliGAF |OT| PD's Super happy fun time Jamboree - Piecake
PoliGAF |OT| 2012 Presidential Erection - PantherLotus
PoliGAF |OT2| PD Wins Either Way -AlteredBeast
PoliGAF |OT| Tax Cuts and Odious Debts - RDreamer
PoliGAF |OT| Obama will be Drudged harshly - RDreamer
PoliGAF |OT| Tax Debts and Odious Cuts - Cyan
PoliGAF |OT| Reply if you disagree - SouthernDragon
PoliGAF 2012: Your daily trolling brought to you by PD and Fox News - TacticalFox88
PoliGAF |OT| We Let Our Chads Hang - Dave Inc.
PoliGAF |OT| Shitty Real Life Westeros - Dave Inc.
PoliGAF 2012: You can't spell SCOTUS without |OT| - Some stranger

Generic titles suck. Lets do a quick poll. Title with the most likes/quotes is the winner. We'll wait for another 50 or so posts

PoliGAF |OT| Douche v. Turd Sandwich II: You decide who's which. - Invisible_Insane
PoliGAF |OT| Campaign Mode! because the country can probably run itself for 5 months. - Chichikov
PoliGAF |OT| This Thread Is Doing Just Fine Without Cops and Firefighters - eznark
PoliGAF 2012 |OT| Romney vs Romney vs Obama - RustyNails
PoliGAF 2012: Your daily trolling brought to you by PD and Fox News - TacticalFox88
PoliGAF 2012: You can't spell SCOTUS without |OT| - Some stranger

So far it's...

PoliGAF |OT| Campaign Mode! because the country can probably run itself for 5 months. - Chichikov - 1
PoliGAF 2012 |OT| Romney vs Romney vs Obama - RustyNails - 3
PoliGAF 2012: You can't spell SCOTUS without |OT| - Some stranger - 3

I guess future voters should quote this and add to the tally to keep things easy?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
On topic: just heard a report that Marco Rubio is not being vetted and is presumably out of the running for VP. Not that anyone believed he was in, but here's confirmation.

PoliGAF |OT| Campaign Mode! because the country can probably run itself for 5 months. - Chichikov - 1
PoliGAF 2012 |OT| Romney vs Romney vs Obama - RustyNails - 4
PoliGAF 2012: You can't spell SCOTUS without |OT| - Some stranger - 3

Updated ^^
Why not combine it?

PoliGAF 2012 - SC|OT|US vs. Romney vs. Romney vs. Obama

I'm ok with this, provided I'm a co-champion :p

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Please withdraw my Presidential Erection from submission. It's about 20 years late.

Oh, you forgot Clinton was elected TWENTY YEARS AGO this year? LOL, you're old.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom