• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Rubio???

Him?
AubPJia.gif

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wait, this is actually sort of important!

Would've cost Trump a delegate.

So wait a second, Cruz lost in some districts to a candidate whose votes don't actually count for anything?

b2OIeKH.jpg

ivysaur12

Banned
Holy hell they picked it up? Last poll had Kaminsky (the Dem) trailing by 8. Great news even if the state senate is in a perpetual state of fuckery.

Just barely, but I don't see how he makes it up.

@jonathanlentz
With 100% of precincts in for the former Skelos Senate seat, Kaminsky up 33,978 to 33,198 over McGrath. Will be a few weeks to make official

My guess is that the Independent Dems could end up caucusing with the Regular Ds then.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Ironically, you could probably thank Sanders for that Senate seat. If he had already dropped out, you would not have had the same turnout.

Paskil

IVY, no pressure but I'm using you as a starting point in the next few months for donations. You seem like a good place to determine the best place to send my available dollars.

Basically, make sure your shit is on point. I will verify shit before donation.

Sianos

It's hard to envision a better outcome. Trump romped, Hillary added a slick layer of grease to an already-steep math hill that Bernie must climb.. this was a good night.

The drumbeat for Sanders to either tone it down or drop out entirely is going to get louder. I'm even starting to see some of Bernie's more ardent supporters in my Twitter feed beginning to come to terms with the state of the race. Their attitude towards Hillary is already approaching this:

Even if it was expected considering it's his home state, it's looking like Trump has some fight in him to hit 1237 before the convention, or at least hit that sweetspot margin where maximum fuckery in either direction will be abound. Still depends on Indiana and California, but polling in California is looking very well for him. Perhaps a similar performance in Pennsylvania will secure the loyalty of enough unbounded delegates as well.

I'm hearing similar sentiments from the Bernie supporters I know, mixed in with some disappointment stemming from how Bernie's campaign took a turn for the negative and the publicity towards his lack of a thought-out path to developing policy.

Ophelion

This is probably my favorite OP since I started following and adding my own meager contributions in PoliGAF. Well done. I legit lol'ed.

ivysaur12

Banned
How do you even tell that lol

Well, the same way you tell any other demographic. You ask people where they live. Gays cluster in cities too. That doesn't mean that there aren't gay people (or people of any ethnicity or income level) that live somewhere else, but it's a decent indicator.

Well, the same way you tell any other demographic. You ask people where they live. Gays cluster in cities too. That doesn't mean that there aren't gay people (or people of any ethnicity or income level) that live somewhere else, but it's a decent indicator.

yes, but I'd think racial and income demographics are much easier to come across than LGBT

Kangi

So... how'd that Gravis poll gambit work out for the Sanders team?

I still find it bizarre that they'd hype up expectations like that in the midst of rapidly trying to do the opposite. Some of those campaign e-mails are just off the wall...

I still find it bizarre that they'd hype up expectations like that in the midst of rapidly trying to do the opposite. Some of those campaign e-mails are just off the wall...
I wasn't buying the Weaver/Devine split but tonight reinforced that narrative if anything.

danm999

Yeah wtf was with the Sanders campaign expectation game in the past week or so.

jaekeem

I wasn't buying the Weaver/Devine split but tonight reinforced that narrative if anything.

I also think Sanders is getting tired of a race he has less and less motivation to see a victory in

dude's old. he's probably exhausted. at least Hillary's got the mentality of 99% being the general election candidate.

I can't figure out whether to be bummed or glad Trump won tonight.

But super glad Bernie lost, even though I voted for him in Ohio. Times have changed. Quit, asshole.

Kangi

When you've got those two on either shoulder... do you listen to the huckster or the birdbrain?

I'm reminded of the Cho'Gall encounter in World of Warcraft. As they stand on the edge of oblivion, Cho objects to what they're doing and wonders what madness they've wrought; meanwhile, Gall is screaming, "Come madness. Come havoc! Come infinite night!" Thinking Weaver's gone full Gall.

ivysaur12

Banned
Also holy shit at that subreddit oh my god

If the unbound Pennsylvania delegates go along with Trump, it should be pretty easy for him to get the nomination... We'll see what happens now that he fired his joke staff and hired a real political team.

Anyway, here's something I would not be shocked to hear Ted Cruz say:

http://www.theonion.com/article/ted-cruz-asks-central-park-hansom-cab-driver-how-m-52774

Yeah, I was thinking that without them, it could be hard, but if he does a clean sweep of every CD, it'd be hard for some of them not go for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom