• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
1. In any case, I think Trump will be "close enough" that not nominating him will look like an obvious theft. He should be within 75 delegates.

2. LOL TED CRUZ. GET FUCKED TED YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

3. Bernie should drop out today, but I don't blame him if he waits a week. But he should drop out then and not stay in the race because he wins Rhode Island or something. But he is OK to stay in through the whole thing if the tone moderates.

Actually whatever, he can do whatever he wants. Hillary is strong as ever. I think Bernie has "energized" her base as he has energized his. I HOPE he tones it down but he doesn't really have to.

Even if he doesn't tone it down, no one's really paying attention to wacky Bernie anymore anyway.

I think he is toning it down now, since he congratulated her tonight.

gcubed

Even if he doesn't tone it down, no one's really paying attention to wacky Bernie anymore anyway.

I think he is toning it down now, since he congratulated her tonight.

Yea, if he gets swept next week his campaign will be completely marginalized. The only coverage he will get is if he drops out. All eyes will focus on the impending GOP shitshow

Actually whatever, he can do whatever he wants. Hillary is strong as ever. I think Bernie has "energized" her base as he has energized his. I HOPE he tones it down but he doesn't really have to.

He will start to tone it down and everyone will think they were silly for worrying otherwise. He definitely has energized not only his base but also Hilary's and she's been out there working hard for votes. I'm still glad Bernie is in it and there has been a rigerous primary this year. Do I think he's gone off the rails a few times? Yeah, and I'm looking forward to him toning it down and focusing on down ticket candidates, but the worst thing that could've happened this year was a clear easy Clinton win months ago with barely any primary competition. Complacency kills dems.

Farmboy

Am I alone and naive in thinking Sanders will drop out after next Tuesday? If the results again reflect polling, of course.

gcubed

Am I alone and naive in thinking Sanders will drop out after next Tuesday? If the results again reflect polling, of course.

If he gets swept he will be ignored after that. As long as his tone changes a bit I don't think there will be a cry to push him out

danm999

I expect Weaver and Devine will talk him into continuing.

As for Sanders himself, I've no idea. I suspect he doesn't feel great about pouring a large amount of time and money into NY, and presiding over an increasingly negative and acrimonious campaign, and having nothing to show for it.

If he loses all five next week though, they won't tell him to drop out. Worse, they'll simply ignore him.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Y2Kev

I woke up with the wake up morning music from Chroni Trigger playing in my head. Now I'm sitting in business class quiet on an Acela, an overpriced "fast train" to Philthydelphia, while shushing loud youth and pointing to the quiet sign. Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day. I've got this wonderful feeling, everything's going my way.

*reads latest round of Hillary indictment stories*

gcubed

I woke up with the wake up morning music from Chroni Trigger playing in my head. Now I'm sitting in business class quiet on an Acela, an overpriced "fast train" to Philthydelphia, while shushing loud youth and pointing to the quiet sign. Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day. I've got this wonderful feeling, everything's going my way.

*reads latest round of Hillary indictment stories*

I'll buy you a drink of you ever stay for longer than just business

Y2Kev

They showed a 4 point race. Guess wolf was doing the number crunching. They were off by 12. Lol.

wait, cnn exits showed a tight clinton-bern race? damn, really sorry i missed that.

Yea, and for a few brief minutes, Bernie supporters were dancing in the streets, while Hillary supporters looked on in disbelief.

Then the results started coming in showing 60/40 and everything went back to normal.

Yeah, and I'm looking forward to him toning it down and focusing on down ticket candidates, but the worst thing that could've happened this year was a clear easy Clinton win months ago with barely any primary competition. Complacency kills dems.
To a degree, the protracted primary honed her campaigning. But at a certain point there stopped being value in him to that end. They were both just burning through money. And he weirdly became more negative after he had no chance of winning.

I think he'll tone down. But I'm less convinced that he'll do much for other races or that his eventual endorsement of Clinton will be particularly full throated.

Y2Kev

She did get to develop the breaking down barriers meme she is using now so that's a plus. She escaped without releasing HA TRANSCRIPTS and probably won't ever. You can just tell at every campaign rally she's like thank fuck I'm not losing this time.

Has MSNBC kitty litter recall special reporter kasey Hunt caught up with Sandersville yet to see what they're doing in Vermont

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Cruz getting so utterly annihilated yesterday makes me happy. Well done, NY republicans.

To a degree, the protracted primary honed her campaigning. But at a certain point there stopped being value in him to that end. They were both just burning through money. And he weirdly became more negative after he had no chance of winning.

I think he'll tone down. But I'm less convinced that he'll do much for other races or that his eventual endorsement of Clinton will be particularly full throated.

He started off thinking he had no chance and campaigned accordingly, then by the time he realized he might have had a longshot a chance at winning it he realistically had no chance, so I think it was kind of a dying gasp. By now Sanders has to realize he really has no chance and will go back to campaigning as such.

Is Bernie raising money today the way he has after losses? Emails going out or naw

I got one earlier that was the usual "we lost by less than what we were losing by months ago so keep at it!" but nothing really negative and barely mentioned Clinton.

Drek

I expect Weaver and Devine will talk him into continuing.

As for Sanders himself, I've no idea. I suspect he doesn't feel great about pouring a large amount of time and money into NY, and presiding over an increasingly negative and acrimonious campaign, and having nothing to show for it.

If he loses all five next week though, they won't tell him to drop out. Worse, they'll simply ignore him.

Please stop the Sanders apologizing. This is his campaign, Weaver and Devine work for him. The negative turn was his choice, based on their advise or not. If he continues to stay in and sling mud that is his choice too. He likely will because he's a politician (masquerading as an outsider/revolutionary) and there's still a lot of money to wring out of his base.

HylianTom

Banned
What a nice morning. The tone change on Morning Joe has been pretty neat.. that "hushed, faux-concern" voice that Mika typically uses when discussing Hillary is now being used for other candidates (and for the GOP).

Glad I didn't blow a vacation day for today. Wonder when we'll hear anything from Bernie's campaign today. I want to see if there's a tone/message change.

CCS

Banned
Actually I've just realised why Bernie went to the Vatican: his campaign figured out it couldn't have momentum without mass!

I'll see myself out :p

thefro

Why are there so many unpledged delegates on the GOP side in PA?

In PA you vote for your slate of delegates directly by congressional district, but those delegates don't have to declare who they support, it's not listed on the ballot, and they can vote for anyone they want. The actual votes for who the Presidential nominee only impact the statewide delegates.

noshten

Y̠͔̟̲͕̦̪̰̻̞̜̱̜̘̫̦͓̤̏ͮͬ͋ͣͬͤ̆͗̑̒ͦ̊͆̃̈̒o̮͙͍͎̼͕͎͚̰̳̳͚̤̻̟͊̒ͣ̒ͬ̔͗ů̫̟̲͔̠̫̤͓̻͈͚̲̤̺̠̩ͧͪ͗ͤͅr̯̻̻̝̤̫̝̻͇̺͈̗̠̈́̎̎̍͑̋̑̂̈̒̎͋̓͋ͅ ̬͖̗͔̥̝̏̏ͩ̃̍̉͗͐ͨ̈́̀̊͗̾̐̊͗ͣͧD̲̘̱̹̘̼̱͓͎̫̽͆ͯ̍̌ͭͮͨͫ̿̽̌ē͕͎̻̱͇̗̩̳͙͎̑̈́ͬ̿̈͑̽͆͛̔ͭ̄ͧm̲̗̼̙̞͎̞͈̺͇͔ͩ͗̓ͨ̅̈ͯ͗͋̆̆̇͑ͪ͌͑͂o̭͖̪̮̣̦͔̪̭̪͂̽̐ͫ̇̒ͅc̺͎͕̭ͥ̓͐͌ř̗̫̮̟͉͐̏ͬ̎ͮ̊̆ͧ́̄ͧ̈̏ͣ͋̉ͫa̤͖͔͓̠̥͔̲͔̽ͫ̌̐̊̽̏̐̏̏̈̔͑ͭ̾̂̍̾c̭̗̞͛͗̉̐̋̒͗ͥͤ̐̄̋̀ͮ̎̎y͙̹̝̹̭̟ͮ́͆̊͗̍̓̏̐̓̅̂ͩ̂ͯ̎̃͂ͯ ̙͖̻̖̟͇͍̥̬̯̝̤̼͙̣̪ͪ͆ͧ̒̊ͬ̎́̚I̥̣̯̫͔̜̣̣͔̥͒̍̈̅̇̓ͤ̋̓̔̆̾̌͛̔s̪̩͓̟̱̣̺̭͚̼͛̂͗͂̓̓̅̐͛ͩ̔͗̚ ̠̞̟͎̻͇̟͖̞̝̹̹̰̹͌͛̄́ͫͯͮ̈͂͒ͣ̿͐Ḥ͖̭̹͚͔̘̘͚̦͔ͤͧͮ̆̐̉ͦ̅͒̇ͤͥ̋͗̚ả̭̙̣̣̩̥͖̘͚̥̖̝̥͓͓̋̈́͛͛ͨ́͛̾̇̔̅̚c̲͖̣̪̻͈̻̀ͪͥ͊͑̋ͤ̈́̓ͭ̽̑̀͒̍̓͆ͬͪk̺̮̲̞͓͉̣̠ͧ̔ͮ͆̃ͅḛ͖̜̰͖̪̍̎̆ͮ̚d̫̘̼̤͙͈̺͓̞͖̪̹͓̪̻͌̍͋̌̓ͤ̊͋̊

<3

New Thread - New Hope
70/30 Cali here we come

Also Donna Edwards is like 9 points behind in MD, what are the chances she beats Van Hollen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom