• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I think that qualifies as one of Hillary's "more intimate gatherings", at ~200 strong.

Kentuckey Rally for Hillary.

CihsIDUVEAARsQa.jpg

So what vudu magic is Hillary pulling, to be just slightly further ahead in the pledged delegate count, when Bernie's crowds look like this (that's 21K strong)?

Daniel B·;203754207 said:
Yep, I think that qualifies as one of Hillary's "more intimate gatherings", at ~200 strong.

So what vudu magic is Hillary pulling, to be just slightly further ahead in the pledged delegate count, when Bernie's crowds look like this (that's 21K strong)?

The size of the rally is indicitive of little. Especially when hillarys people have made the decision to focus on smaller events. But you've reached Romney level of why Bernie is going to win.

There is a reason I shouldn't type on a phone

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I wonder if Clinton is trying to eke out a win in either state to roll out endorsements of superdelegates and say she's the nominee.

21K? so we're talking about a one-third cuyahoga county margin in the ohio primary?

Bingo. People are honestly bad at comprehending large numbers. What happens then is that people take any numbers longer than 4 digits, call it "huge" in their heads, and don't bother to look at relationships between such numbers.

21K people at a rally doesn't matter. If literally all of them vote for you, it's a drop in the bucket for primary. Does wonders for the ego though.

So what vudu magic is Hillary pulling, to be just slightly further ahead in the pledged delegate count

Supporters that vote? I don't know why I bother, I can already see the list of reasons why the millions of Bernie voters who got purged/discounted/silenced due to various frauds and conspiracies.

Having 500,000 people that think you're good enough but don't really care to head out to a stump speech is better than having 25,000 people who worship you, as far as winning elections go.

I wonder if Clinton is trying to eke out a win in either state to roll out endorsements of superdelegates and say she's the nominee.

I think this is probably close to the strategy she wants to go with. If she can sew this up pretty soon, she'll be able to further ignore Bernie. She's about 143 short. There are 168 that haven't endorsed. I'm thinking she's sitting on a few of those that have endorsed privately. A 50/50 tie in both states would give her 57 delegates. So, this very well may be the strategy she's going for.

danm999

This, a thousand times this. 21K is not a lot in terms of a statewide vote, eve if they all turn out and vote. It just isn't.

There must be tens of millions of registered voters in California. And even assuming all 21k are eligible voters from California who end up voting in the primaries, you're not even breaking the 1% mark.

Cerium

Bernie's crowds show up to rallies and then stay home on election day because they have homework or curfew or whatever. The only politician in living memory who was actually able to convert nonvoters into voters and win was Obama. His crowds were huge, and get this, they actually voted. Bernie is no Obama.

Rallies mean nothing when many of them don't vote

ampere

Daniel has sort of admitted to being a troll lol

But man I love that juicy map with Georgia as a battleground state

PLEASE stay home diet-racist white people *fingers crossed*

Bernie's crowds show up to rallies and then stay home on election day because they have homework or curfew or whatever. The only politician in living memory who was actually able to convert nonvoters into voters and win was Obama. His crowds were huge, and get this, they actually voted. Bernie is no Obama.

Careful, he once compared FDR's ability to get things done to Bernie's. You know, FDR, the most "establishment" democrat there might ever been, to the independent Senator who became a democrat just to run for president. Comparisons from the alternate dimensions, really.

Teggy

Because as I explained the other day, most people have much better things to do than go to a political rally, but they still vote.

IMO it's not necessarily that the folks at Bernie rallies don't vote, it's just that most Hillary supporters don't feel the need to go to rallies.

I'm a pretty strong Hillary supporter and I certainly have no desire (or time, really) to go to a rally. College kids have a lot of time on their hands.

I kind of dread the general right now, we're going to have 20 threads of Trump on the front page at this rate.

To me, Trump and his supporters needs to be ridiculed, corrected, and publicized at every possible corner. It's not enough for me that he would lose, but that he loses with such margin that a candidate with such dangerous ideas and propositions can't ever make it to even having a chance of becoming president.

IMO it's not necessarily that the folks at Bernie rallies don't vote, it's just that most Hillary supporters don't feel the need to go to rallies.

I'm a pretty strong Hillary supporter and I certainly have no desire (or time, really) to go to a rally. College kids have a lot of time on their hands.

Yup. The Obama coalition is the new silent majority

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think the thread should move beyond complaining about Bernie and his supporters. It's kinda tiresome to me now. The nominees are obviously set. I feel kinda bad just with the constant stream of angry posts.

Daniel has sort of admitted to being a troll lol

But man I love that juicy map with Georgia as a battleground state

PLEASE stay home diet-racist white people *fingers crossed*

I love that MS could flip. Never thought that would happen.

I think the thread should move beyond complaining about Bernie and his supporters. It's kinda tiresome to me now. The nominees are obviously set. I feel kinda bad just with the constant stream of angry posts.

I'd like to as well, but that's just going to be a quiet thread. When I replied to that map post, the thread went dark until Daniel posted. Surely me and that map are interesting enough to reply to?
crying

But yes, let's move on.

Bronx-Man

Banned
To me, Trump and his supporters needs to be ridiculed, corrected, and publicized at every possible corner. It's not enough for me that he would lose, but that he loses with such margin that a candidate with such dangerous ideas and propositions can't ever make it to even having a chance of becoming president.
Yep. He and everyone who supports his dumb ass needs to be embarrassed.

HylianTom

Banned
It's almost E3, at least. We can count on GAF going down
E3 - also known this year as ZeldaFest in our household. After E3, the media embargo goes into effect.

Yeah, I'm ready for it to be over. I wanna see Obama, Biden, and the full force of the Democratic Party unleashed on Trump. I'm ready to laugh at the media stalking/interrogating veepstakes prospects, convention speeches.. this feels like political purgatory.

ElectionBettingOdds.com - anyone here heard of it?

Here are their current lines:

I'm wondering if Newt is priced a bit high.

Just taking Bernie's mammoth Sacramento, CA 21K rally as an example, when even now, there is still time to register in CA (deadline is May 23rd, fifteen days before election day), I would be so psyched after attending such an amazing event, and would expect a high percentage to vote, and encourage others to vote too (vast majority are of voting age, i.e. will be 18 at time of GE).

I would maintain that the number of Bernie fans that didn't or couldn't attended the rally, just like say if Prince (RIP :( ) was holding a concert in Sacramento, some, for one reason or another sadly would have to pass it up, is significant, and a rally is a good indication of ones overall popularity, within potentially amenable groups. For those very late to the party, at our volunteer office in VA, at 46, I was one of the youngest, and there were more women than men!

teiresias

Is there a reason Warner is never brought up as a VP possibility anymore. Is it simply his surprisingly slim reelection margin last time?

Cerium

Daniel B·;203761074 said:
Just taking Bernie's mammoth Sacramento, CA 21K rally as an example, when even now, there is still time to register in CA (deadline is May 23rd, fifteen days before election day), I would be so psyched after attending such an amazing event, and would expect a high percentage to vote, and encourage others to vote too (vast majority are of voting age, i.e. will be 18 at time of GE).

I would maintain that the number of Bernie fans that didn't or couldn't attended the rally, just like say if Prince (RIP :( ) was holding a concert in Sacramento, some, for one reason or another sadly would have to pass it up, is significant, and a rally is a good indication of ones overall popularity, within potentially amenable groups. For those very late to the party, at our volunteer office in VA, at 46, I was one of the youngest, and there were more women than men!
Are you going to be talking about fraud and crowds all the way to November?

Is there a reason Warner is never brought up as a VP possibility anymore. Is it simply his surprisingly slim reelection margin last time?

Kaine speaks Spanish.

ampere

E3 - also known this year as ZeldaFest in our household. After E3, the media embargo goes into effect.

Yeah, I'm ready for it to be over. I wanna see Obama, Biden, and the full force of the Democratic Party unleashed on Trump. I'm ready to laugh at the media stalking/interrogating veepstakes prospects, convention speeches.. this feels like political purgatory.

ElectionBettingOdds.com - anyone here heard of it?

Here are their current lines:

I'm wondering if Newt is priced a bit high.

Damn, that price for Christie is juicy and I feel like he's gonna get it. He and Donald have been bro-ing it up for awhile now

im drunk

who is with me

i may have a therapist at 11 in the moreing, but im drunk so fuck it

You should still go man. I got group on Tuesday, helps me a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom