• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be surprised if even 100k people show up this weekend

I hate this fuck more every time I see him

The fuck...individual trade deals for every country

Trump's job approval ticked up to 46/45 in Gallup

FUCK

It's because he's doing things. Nothing will have any sort of impact right now.

So Nate Cohn's theory on the difference between Trump's number in the Quinnipiac and Gallup polls is the way they frame their question.

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 16m16 minutes ago
Quinnipiac has Trump's approval rating underwater--36-44. Gallup has Trump looking better--46 approve, 45 dis. Here's a theory for why...

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 14m14 minutes ago
Q asks whether they approve how T is "handling" his job as president
Gallup asks whether they approve of the job T is doing as potus

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 13m13 minutes ago
My theory is that the "handling" the job question evokes the temperament issues/controversies that people don't like about Trump

Joe

Can anyone please recommend respected conservative journalists, political scientists, scholars, and/or organizations to follow on Twitter?

By respected I mean someone smart, genuine, consistent, and not hyper-partisan.

RoKKeR

Donald just uttered the words "restore civil rights" loooooooool

Can anyone please recommend respected conservative journalists, political scientists, scholars, and/or organizations to follow on Twitter?

Evan McMullin and Mindy Finn, + their organization Stand Up Republic.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Robert Costa Verified account
‏@costareports

Quite a scene in Philly: conservative GOP lawmakers applauding economic intervention by fed. gov't

This is why I repeatedly tell my right-wing family members the republicans are hypocrites. And, by supporting them in times like these, they become hypocrites as well.

Donald just uttered the words "restore civil rights" loooooooool

Translation: "Decrease rights of minorities."

Again with the "I want to just leave Obamacare die for the next two years and the Democrats would come crawling back."

Does anyone really think Republicans wouldn't own the inaction? It'd be terrible politics.

RoKKeR

"What the hell is going on in Chicago?"

*crowd laughs*

"We're going to stand with the men and women in law enforcement."

Eye-roll.

bgbball31

Trump - "What the hell is going on [in Chicago]"

Random person in the crowd - "Democrats!" to uproarious applause.

Yeah, your partisanship isn't helping when it is people dying.

Wilsongt

Sigh...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/cdc-postponed-lgbt-youth-health-summit-after-election

“This was supposed to be a big deal,” said the source, who requested anonymity given the politically sensitive nature of the cancellation. “They had a whole communications team on it, it was going to be on Facebook live. The intention was to plan a 5-year agenda.”

ADVERTISING

Copies of internal planning documents provided to TPM refer to a one-day gathering in which “national leaders” would meet at the CDC’s Roybal campus in Atlanta in order “to address the health and well-being of LGBTQ youth.” The source told TPM that staffers were first informed about the event in late September and weekly planning meetings were held through the week of the election.

TPM made multiple attempts to obtain comment from the CDC about the event, but no additional information was forthcoming.

News of the summit planning's cancelation comes days after partners working with the CDC on a climate change and health conference scheduled for February told news outlets that the long-planned event had been canceled due to concerns about the Trump administration’s reception of it.

The CDC source told TPM that organizers at the Division of Adolescent and School Health did not publicize the LGBT youth heath summit prior to the election in order to avoid drawing unwanted or politicized attention to the initiative.

The source said that event planners, assuming Hillary Clinton would win the presidency, had started putting together a list of potential partner organizations including the YMCA, Human Rights Campaign and Matthew Shepherd Foundation, but were waiting until after Nov. 8 to extend formal invitations. The event was initially planned for mid-December, but planning documents show the date for the summit was pushed back in late October to Jan. 12.

Zukkoyaki

I mean, please do this.

How messed up would it be if THIS is what got congressional republicans to turn on Trump?

"We were fine with your immaturity, insecurity, lies and incredible ability to tank our foreign relations. But if you aren't going to help us rob millions of their healthcare, you're out!"

UberTag

Jesus, he's basically saying every deal will be a blackmail.
He plans to position every trade deal that way to make himself look great even if it's nothing but lies or worse than the deals you have already. His ability to twist the truth to support his message ego makes this possible. And so long as the rubes believe it, what does it matter?

Anyone that refutes his alternative facts with real ones will be dismissed, ignored or challenged on the irrelevant one detail Trump happens to be right about that they're wrong about (which, of course, means everything they're saying about him is a fallacy).

Hindl

He plans to position every trade deal that way to make himself look great even if it's nothing but lies or worse than the deals you have already. His ability to twist the truth to support his message ego makes this possible. And so long as the rubes believe it, what does it matter?

Anyone that refutes his alternative facts with real ones will be dismissed, ignored or challenged on the irrelevant one detail Trump happens to be right about that they're wrong about (which, of course, means everything they're saying about him is a fallacy).

Don't legitimize his terms. Call them lies, not alternative facts

I can see Russia or China taking advantage of poor relations with Mexico...
Can you imagine a Russian Missile defense force in Mexico?

Trump thinks he has them cornered

Chumley

Banned

By respected I mean someone smart, genuine, consistent, and not hyper-partisan.

Evan McMullin, David Frum, Rick Wilson

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Mike Warren
‏@MichaelRWarren

Trump asks if Mike Pompeo is at the GOP congressional retreat. Pompeo is the CIA director now.

I mean, come on.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I can see Russia or China taking advantage of poor relations with Mexico...
Can you imagine a Russian Missile defense force in Mexico?

Trump thinks he has them cornered

China will take it in a minute. Trump will just keep burning bridges.

Little more EPA info is coming out.
The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: Ex-transition official: Trump administration to seek big budget, staff cuts at Environmental Protection Agency.

Plinko

China will take it in a minute. Trump will just keep burning bridges.

Little more EPA info is coming out.
The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: Ex-transition official: Trump administration to seek big budget, staff cuts at Environmental Protection Agency.

"Shocking news"

Gruco

Banned
Trump seems to be folding pretty damn fast re: Mexico paying for the wall and Obamacare. I thought he was supposed to be the big tough, no bullshit guy?

Regardless, I am sure that no amount of folding could get his supporters to change their mind on him.

He is cutting a lot of government jobs

this asshole does not even have a full staff yet, he said he'll make the deals himself

I seriously hope we don't have a military crisis at this point.

North Korea needs to chill for a while

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
He is cutting a lot of government jobs

this asshole does not even have a full staff yet, he said he'll make the deals himself

I seriously hope we don't have a military crisis at this point.

North Korea needs to chill for a while

Why would they? This is the perfect time to do a test. Do it on the weekend to see what he will do.

Not sure Trump sees the problem here.

I will reserve judgement on how much of a Putin fan this guy is until Putin comes to the White House and they kiss and make out.

Trump seems to be folding pretty damn fast re: Mexico paying for the wall and Obamacare. I thought he was supposed to be the big tough, no bullshit guy?

Regardless, I am sure that no amount of folding could get his supporters to change their mind on him.

We were always going to pay for the wall, as useless it will be to keep anyone out. I waste of money that will be full of anti-Trump graffiti as soon as the first mile goes up

I would say he's doing the exact opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom