• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I can see Russia or China taking advantage of poor relations with Mexico...
Can you imagine a Russian Missile defense force in Mexico?

Trump thinks he has them cornered
Mexico should broker any deal they want with a foreign power to install missiles/bases/outposts... whatever they desire... with China/Russia/North Korea or the highest bidder.

I honestly couldn't blame them.

But I'd wait until the U.S. formally pulled out of the United Nations/NATO first. Don't do it beforehand.

Why would they? This is the perfect time to do a test. Do it on the weekend to see what he will do.

I can easily see Trump making a trip to the DPRK and make some nuke deal just for his bragging rights. If North Korea plays it cool right now Trump will let them have nukes.

Trump has no loyalties. And he sees US policy as his plaything now.

I don't see Trump standing with South Korea or Japan. The only reason he would be against North Korea is to press China.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
He is cutting a lot of government jobs

this asshole does not even have a full staff yet, he said he'll make the deals himself

I seriously hope we don't have a military crisis at this point.

North Korea needs to chill for a while
I want a running tally of his jobs "created" at things like the carrier deal vs slashed at the various federal agencies.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I can easily see Trump making a trip to the DPRK and make some nuke deal just for his bragging rights. If North Korea plays it cool right now Trump will let them have nukes.

Trump has no loyalties. And he sees US policy as his plaything now.

I don't see Trump standing with South Korea or Japan. The only reason he would be against North Korea is to press China.

Don't see him doing that because of the Iran deal. Doesn't help that Mattis is making his first trip to that area. South Korea and Japan he is going to so wouldn't expect that. DPRK would want to test him out and no time better then his first real week.

This is like playing advanced risk.

Mexico should broker any deal they want with a foreign power to install missiles/bases/outposts... whatever they desire... with China/Russia/North Korea or the highest bidder.

I honestly couldn't blame them.

But I'd wait until the U.S. formally pulled out of the United Nations/NATO first. Don't do it beforehand.

I think if we pull out of UN and NATO that is a game over scenario.
I don't see how we keep California from leaving the Union or any other unthinkable break up of the United States.

these are not normal times, but leaving NATO and UN needs to be above Trump's ability to pull off without impeachment.

Don't see him doing that because of the Iran deal. Doesn't help that Mattis is making his first trip to that area. South Korea and Japan he is going to so wouldn't expect that. DPRK would want to test him out and no time better then his first real week.

This is like playing advanced risk.

Mattis seems like his own man. So that is a serious card to consider.

South Korea wants a Missile Defense installed ASAP but China is against that shit so there is that whole mess ahead of us.

Yeah this is the time for DPRK to test the room.

Iran deal is done, too many other players in that deal. That is why Trump wants to start doing one on one deals instead of these multi-nations deals he can't easily fuck with.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Mattis seems like his own man. So that is a serious card to consider.

South Korea wants a Missile Defense installed ASAP but China is against that shit so there is that whole mess ahead of us.

Yeah this is the time for DPRK to test the room.

Iran deal is done, too many other players in that deal. That is why Trump wants to start doing one on one deals instead of these multi-nations deals he can't easily fuck with.

Yeah and Mattis already got a fuck you with the deal from yesterday. He had no idea about it until it was announced.

Mattis is a smart man and if he leaves we are fucked. Having him is a huge relief but scary that Trump will go over his head.

China is going to swoop right in and take all these deals. They have no reason not to when we are burning the bridges. The one on one deals are shit when he clearly doesn't know how the world works. Running the country like a business will not work.

This is why we can't have things.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article128912804.html

Half of NC’s youngest voters skipped 2016 election, while seniors had record turnout

Nearly half of North Carolina’s registered voters between age 18 and 25 didn’t bother to cast a ballot in November, according to a new analysis released Thursday.

-The state’s youngest voters had the worst turnout of the demographic groups in the study. Only 53 percent of registered voters in the 18-to-25 age group cast ballots, down from 55 percent in 2012 and 60 percent in 2008.

-The state’s oldest voters had some of the highest turnout numbers: 78 percent of registered voters age 65 and older participated this year, a new record.

- White voters had the biggest turnout of the racial groups listed, with 71.5 percent turnout compared to 64.3 percent for African-Americans and 57.7 percent for Hispanic registered voters.

- Registered Republicans had stronger turnout than registered Democrats: 75.3 percent for Republicans and 68.5 percent for Democrats. Only 63.1 percent of voters registered as unaffiliated participated in the election.

More behind the link.

OMG CNN nooooo!

CNN to have Chrisette Michele on to talk about how Spike Lee dropped her music

ugh this lady is milking this attention for all the cheese she can get

Yeah and Mattis already got a fuck you with the deal from yesterday. He had no idea about it until it was announced.

Mattis is a smart man and if he leaves we are fucked. Having him is a huge relief but scary that Trump will go over his head.

China is going to swoop right in and take all these deals. They have no reason not to when we are burning the bridges. The one on one deals are shit when he clearly doesn't know how the world works. Running the country like a business will not work.

Which deal was that?

there were too many going on I can't keep up

royalan

So, a feel-good story for the day.

One of the buildings I usually work in here in Center City, Philadelphia houses the U.S. Department of Education regional offices. I walk by their lobby almost everyday, on the quietest floor in the building.

In the lobby of their offices, there's a little desk on which, until the week before the inauguration, sat a framed photo of Obama, and another of his Secretary of Education, John King.

The week of the inauguration, only Obama's photo remained on the desk.

The day of the inauguration, there were no photos on the desk.

The day after the inauguration, and every day since, whenever I walk by those offices, I see this:

TvYauhe.jpg

That's a frame turned face down.

There's a chance there might not be a photo in that frame, but I'd like to think there is.

crap I wanted to edit my post not quote :(

this ambassador just gave Trump an out on the Mexico wall. seize the $14Billion Joaquín Guzmán has to fund the wall

It's going to be Iraq. He wants that oil.

too easily he telegraphed that so early, he can't go there without looking super greedy. His first move has to be some other country (with oil)

LOL CNN showing Trump on Airforce One and the TV was on full blast with commercials playing lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So basically the lower and middle class are going to end up paying for that wall.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
There's supposedly a little bit of a legal debate going on right now behind the scenes about how far Budget Reconciliation really can go, with some arguing that Republicans can basically pass anything that affects the budget.

Though at that point they're practically nuking the filibuster themselves, just in a different way than usual, and they probably want to keep Budget Reconciliation as only a destructive force.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm not kidding here: I wonder if he genuinely believes a 20% tax on imports would be paid by Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom