• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
aTGPJzn.png

Doesn't this.... confirm the meeting took place? WTF

The

Whole

Goddamn

Dossier

Is

Real

Also this dumb mf just confirmed that he met with him AND that it was an off the record meeting.

Why is a political campaign having off the record meetings with foreign officials?

aTGPJzn.png

Doesn't this.... confirm the meeting took place? WTF
Wait. What?

Hasn't Carter page said several times in public that he had absolutely zero communications with Russians? Didn't he forcefully say this after the story broke naming him and others in regular contact with Russians associated with the Kremlin?

Zereta

Wait. What?

Hasn't Carter page said several times in public that he had absolutely zero communications with Russians? Didn't he forcefully say this after the story broke naming him and others in regular contact with Russians associated with the Kremlin?

Yep he goofed big time with the statement. Wonder if he got anyone to vet it or threw it out in a hurry. Sure seems like the latter.

No they're saying that all the meetings during that event were confidential and off the record, so they can't comment on any meeting of that class. I'm not saying that's not stupid in its own way but they're not saying the Russians made them agree not to talk about.

Yep he goofed big time with the statement. Wonder if he got anyone to vet it or threw it out in a hurry. Sure seems like the latter.
And in July?

So that's a different meeting than the one the White House just offered up with Kushner in December.

What led to Carter making a statement about a July meeting?

We agreed the secret meeting was confidential so I can't confirm it.

I think I'm going to keep on hating my own country regardless of the outcome of any of this.

Vixdean

I'm sure he has huge buyers remorse. He probably underestimated how dumb Trump and team are

Well I think the fact that so much of this has leaked out and debated in the court of public opinion has made it impossible for Trump to act on whatever promises he made to Putin. The sanctions are legitimately crippling Russia's economy and once the grocery shelves start going empty no amount of state run propaganda will save Putin politically. He's definitely mad about that.

Trump is kind of hurting putin in a way right now because he isn't removing those sanctions.
If they had removed them out of the gate, it wouldn't have been that bad imo. Yes, it would've been in the narrative but nothing to make republicans abandon him. People didn't give a shit about russia until the buzzfeed leak and even then still aren't that angry about it.

If they had removed them out of the gate, it wouldn't have been that bad imo. Yes, it would've been in the narrative but nothing to make republicans abandon him. People didn't give a shit about russia until the buzzfeed leak and even then still aren't that angry about it.

If he removes them period, they'll just be codified into law by Congress. Not much Trump can really do there.

jtb

Banned
Russia is pissed off about this whole kremlin-gate thing.

This is an actual quote from an article.

"Hysteria in the U.S. has driven politicians into a trap," Pushkov tweeted. "You met a Russian? That's an end to your career. You concealed it? You go to prison. The spirit of Joseph McCarthy has been waiting for its hour to come."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/kremlin-sessions-uproar-an-impediment-to-fixing-relations-1.3307927

I can't tell if he's parroting Greenwald's talking points, or the other way around.

tuxfool

Banned
Russia is pissed off about this whole kremlin-gate thing.

This is an actual quote from an article.

"Hysteria in the U.S. has driven politicians into a trap," Pushkov tweeted. "You met a Russian? That's an end to your career. You concealed it? You go to prison. The spirit of Joseph McCarthy has been waiting for its hour to come."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/kremlin-sessions-uproar-an-impediment-to-fixing-relations-1.3307927

The irony of Russians invoking McCarthy, now and then.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I don't think that guy recognizes that meeting a russian person is not the issue but it's talking or meeting a high level russian official that is the issue.

I think more specifically, it's the constant obfuscation and lying around the meetings.

I wouldn't say Putin is smart. He's a master manipulator, but he's dumb as fuck considering how poorly Russia is doing.

Putin's very smart. He's turned a country with an economy the size of Italy into a global player. His lack of interest in domestic policy, or willingness to empower subordinates to deal with it, is a huge blind spot though.

Debirudog

Well I think the fact that so much of this has leaked out and debated in the court of public opinion has made it impossible for Trump to act on whatever promises he made to Putin. The sanctions are legitimately crippling Russia's economy and once the grocery shelves start going empty no amount of state run propaganda will save Putin politically. He's definitely mad about that.

I would like to see the Russian public oust him.

Oh look Mike Pence used a personal email for state business while he was governor and it got hacked. For the sake of fairness I bet the Republican's are already setting up the committee and hearing schedule.

Trump is sending a message that if you lie to the VP, you get ousted. Remember, they said he merely did not recall, which is of course bullshit.

But if you lie to congress under oath, you're okay. Remember, they are saying he merely did not recall, which is of course bullshit.

I feel like this is a pretty big development.
Ahahahahaaaaaaahaha. So who wants to get the RNC on the record as to why there were Russian diplomatic contacts meeting with members of their party at their national convention last year? Priebus! You were in charge! Make yourself useful and take the fall, ASAP!

royalan

Carter Page is an extremely bad liar.

Also, at this stage, any response to a question that consists of "B-b-but the Clintons!" might a well be a blatant admission of guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom