• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who gives a shit about middle aged white men? Old ass people, who reliably vote R, are being fucked here harder than anyone and the AARP will mobilize them.

kadotsu

Banned
Well, if it wasn't for those Obama/Hillary drone strikes the left would have come out in full force and we wouldn't have Trump right now.

NeoXChaos

Who gives a shit about middle aged white men? Old ass people, who reliably vote R, are being fucked here harder than anyone and the AARP will mobilize them.

Oh don't worry when millennials get to be that age they gonna be voting R. The Gen Z generation and the one after will be here to bail us out.

Oh don't worry when millennials get to be that age they gonna be voting R. The Gen Z generation and the one after will be here to bail us out.

That voting block wouldn't have the same clout as the boomers though. In 2015 both generations were about equal with regards to population sizes.

um what the fuck?

@Bencjacobs
Greg Gianforte just body slammed me and broke my glasses

But why

Like what could possibly have possessed this guy to do this?

Also:

Ben Jacobs‏
Verified account
 @Bencjacobs 6m
6 minutes ago

More
There was a local TV crew there when Gianforte body slammed me. Audio is posting soon at @GuardianUS

Maybe no video, sadly, but proof confirmed & incoming.

This Gianforte business swinging the election would be fucking nuts.

Bet he still wins, but I want to believe.

Iirc there was an NC representative who punched a reporter or something in the run-up to the 2010 elections. Bob Etheridge I think? He was a Democrat.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Sadly I find it hard to believe something happening literally on the eve of the election is going to make an enormous difference.

Joe

Obvious craziness aside, that bodyslam might end up skewing the results of an election that a lot of people were going to use as an important indicator.

Ogodei

On the one hand, he's a foreigner and part of the liberal media, so this might encourage Gianforte supporters.

On the other hand, it's assault by a guy who supported the AHCA (privately, while publicly being two-faced about it) on the day before the election and the same day that the CBO score for that bill comes out.

Thaedolus

Part of me is happy that the "body slam" is gonna look terrible for the GOP candidate, part of me is happy it happened to a reporter from The Guardian.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Obvious craziness aside, that bodyslam might end up skewing the results of an election that a lot of people were going to use as an important indicator.
This just occurred to me. If Quist wins they can write it off as a fluke because Gianforte was a bad candidate, ignoring the underlying factors that made it competitive in the first place.

Because if Gianforte started out leading by 20 and this happened, he'd probably still win by double digits. If he's only ahead by 2-4 points as the GOP has been saying, he can't afford something like this.

Lo-Volt

That's The Intercept, no?

He worked for The Guardian a long way back, when they and several other papers were publishing WikiLeaks material, before we knew their real endgame to be honest.

For someone to single one newspaper out or somehow mitigate physical assault because of that is a bit dickish.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I was at risk of losing a R+20 seat, but this is a whole new tier of hilarious. Having a POTUS part of the WWE hall of fame is clearly paying off down ballot.
@jamesdirkwood 9m9 minutes ago
Replying to @alexis_levinson

@NateSilver538 do you have a model to account for late breaking body slams
Oh, Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom