• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturusX

cartoon20081105.jpg

Bringing tears to my eyes....We did it..

Desi

rr said:
I have a friend who is black, that is ( I thought ) Christian, that just loves Osama. I think these folks are black first, Christian second. It's the race thing. Sad and very annoying.
holy shit the tears are unbelievable

edit: damn too late.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
skinnyrattler said:
Was McCain more principled than his campaign led me to believe?
No, he broke with any such principles. Whether he initially was against doing so, it didn't ultimately stop him from debasing himself.

Zeliard

dankir said:
OMG.... PEOPLE ACTUALLY TALK LIKE THAT?

faceplam.gif

The hard right in this country is fucking scary. The Sean Hannity forum has a stickied thread that reads "NO ASSASSINATION TALK".

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Zeliard said:
The hard right in this country is fucking scary. The Sean Hannity forum has a stickied thread that reads "NO ASSASSINATION TALK".

That's only because Hannity doesn't want people wasting time with talk.

master15

Palin says she won't play "blame game" and tried ignoring claims of "going rougue or tension between her and handlers and diva like comments".

Don't worry Palin the dirt will come out soon.

Zeliard said:

Jesus christ. The man is a mainstream news figure, and he inspires that kind of venom.

Disgusting.

The sticky reads:

"Hannity fans: we will not tolerate assassination talk on this forum. However, we do encourage members to make plans on their own time, preferably off the grid, so that success is ensured!"

Zeliard said:
Those RR guys and the majority on my facebook page are starting to really creep me out, but there are still the a few far righters on my list that are being gracious and kind.

Also from the psycho Christian thread!
http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?p=862466#post862466

"I also am amazed at Christians voting for Obama. My mind has yet to comprehend that.

I have a friend who is black, that is ( I thought ) Christian, that just loves Osama. I think these folks are black first, Christian second. It's the race thing. Sad and very annoying."

:lol

Those tears are almost too bitter for my pallet to consider them sweet!

rSpooky

What world does hannity live in?
His poll on the first page

"Our new President

With ACORN fraud, military ballots missing, and people voting more than once do you believe that Obama would have won this election without all those situations?"

Really?....Really?? WTF?

lawblob said:
I honestly wonder if McCain will ever speak to Palin again.

I dont think McCain ever liked Palin. I truely think McCain wasnt running the show, it was the Republican establishment doing it for him. If he was running it, he would have never chosen Palin

dacuk

I have never had so much hope for a president that is not my president, on a country that is not my country, to start changes that will affect not only to USA, but to the concept the rest of the world has of it.

Congratulations, America. You are moving forward.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, remember, Obama said he wouldn't run in 2008 after Kerry lost also. Means nothing.

I, for one, am looking forward to the GOP throwing McCain under the bus and him responding by destroying Palin.:D

kaching said:
No, he broke with any such principles. Whether he initially was against doing so, it didn't ultimately stop him from debasing himself.
I'm willing to give him some benefit of the doubt, here. Sure, there's plenty of ammo to hit him with, but in all honesty, when you're at this stage, and the people around you are saying "if you don't go there, you're going to lose," it's going to be difficult to stand on your principles and say that running an honorable campaign is more important than winning.

I thought the same thing about Hillary after the primaries were over.

besada

Banned
kaching said:

This. All the people talking about how he wasn't in control are full of shit. McCain allowed other people in his campaigns to do these things in his name. He didn't want the mud on himself, but he wanted the mud. That's not principled. That's cowardice. It's letting your surrogates be the villains while you pretend to be above it.

The man withstood torture for five years, but we're supposed to believe that he was incapable of standing up to his party? If true, that alone is enough reason to reject him as a potential President.

Which we did.

dankir

http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=66754&page=10

This is the page where they realized Obama won

TAKE THAT YOU JERKS!

"Satan probably had a little to do with it. But God also had a little to do with it (IFObama gets in). Satan does not have the power to rewrite prophecy. Now I don't think that our freedom of speech will be hindered that much until after the rapture. This is just my thought but I believe we will be gone before Nazi Germany kicks in. Now as for the AC thing...still don't see that. I think he is a trial run. To see that people can fall for a man this quickly that comes out of the blue and even get to worshiping him....that tells me something about what the real AC will be like. Thank God I don't think I will be here for that one"

"Time to shift gears people, please prostrate yourselves right now and pray for Obama and our country, we need prayer now like never before. I will be praying with you. Father please forgive us our sinning ways and have mercy on us. But not my will, but yours be done. "

"I wish my dh would turn the channel already. I am already sick of this. It's going to be worse tomorrow. Good thing I work at a law firm, and those folks are generally Republican.

I'm waiting for the next headline - Israel bombs the nuclear plants in Iran. "

Oh my fucking god.............................

Odrion

Banned
Stoney Mason said:
I still feel like we don't know who this "Barack Hussein Obama" is?
Fox News said this last night, and they called said "when Obama occupies the White House" that sounded like he was going to invade it.

Cheez-It

My father used to say, ‘Larry beware of the left because they will bankrupt you; beware of the right because they will kill you.’

Colin Powell’s chief of staff, Larry Wilkerson

No one should be surprised from these people. Particularly given the context of the situation.

Baker

Banned
_dementia said:
Anyone find reading the status updates of your facebook friends/acquaintances very interesting right now?

I keep checking, but 99% of my friends list was for Obama. I don't treat facebook like a "friend" hording machine, though, so I only have like 50 real friends on my list anyways.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
_dementia said:
Anyone find reading the status updates of your facebook friends/acquaintances very interesting right now?

All of my friends are going nuts excited. My conservative friends are politicos (i.e. they work for the republican party) and they saw this coming so they werent shocked. Their stuff is mostly 'im proud we elected a black man president" "great day to be an American" sort of stuff. They dont agree with him, but they aren't crazy either

One person that isnt really a friend (I was his mentor in highschool when he was a frosh and I was a senior) went all wingnutty with "I'm going to go stock up on beer bait and ammo now that the dems are in charge". I dont even know what beer bait is. But it sounds like you use it to catch a redneck.

on my way to pick up a Times Free Press (for clippings and saving purposes) I overheard several overweight women talking about what a dark day it was for america, blah blah blah. Back in 2004, I would have obviously relished their disquiet, but now, four years older, I feel like I just want to get the fucking fuck out of TN and live in a state which more accurately reflects my values and beliefs. Maybe somewhere out in the Pacific northwest, it's always looked pretty compelling to me. It really makes me wish I had spent one or two of my 26 years finishing school or learning some sort of hirable skill. I'm just trapped. I think, this time, if I had somewhere to go and something to do when I got there I'd really just leave this time. It's a good time to aspire to such things. Yeah, just take whatever cash I could generate, load up my shitty car on what would almost certainly be a one way trip, and break west towards new opportunities and every trailer park, church, and faceless upper-middle class neighborhood could kiss my ass as I breezed by.

it's a nice thought, anyway.

The Dirt begins!!!!!!!!

Palin Once Greeted McCain Staff Wearing Only A Towel

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-once-greeted-mccain_n_141394.html

At the GOP convention in St. Paul, Palin was completely unfazed by the boys' club fraternity she had just joined. One night, Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter went to her hotel room to brief her. After a minute, Palin sailed into the room wearing nothing but a towel, with another on her wet hair. She told them to chat with her laconic husband, Todd. "I'll be just a minute," she said.

NEWSWEEK has also learned that Palin's shopping spree at high-end department stores was more extensive than previously reported. While publicly supporting Palin, McCain's top advisers privately fumed at what they regarded as her outrageous profligacy. One senior aide said that Nicolle Wallace had told Palin to buy three suits for the convention and hire a stylist. But instead, the vice presidential nominee began buying for herself and her family--clothes and accessories from top stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. According to two knowledgeable sources, a vast majority of the clothes were bought by a wealthy donor, who was shocked when he got the bill. Palin also used low-level staffers to buy some of the clothes on their credit cards. The McCain campaign found out last week when the aides sought reimbursement. One aide estimated that she spent "tens of thousands" more than the reported $150,000, and that $20,000 to $40,000 went to buy clothes for her husband. Some articles of clothing have apparently been lost. An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast," and said the truth will eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books.

LOL

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
FuturusX said:
cartoon20081105.jpg

Bringing tears to my eyes....We did it..
I don't like that he's leaving them behind.

I know, it's probably supposed to be a representation of the past that CAN'T change, but something about that just looks like him casually moving on alone and leaving other black men behind.

A Political Wire reader suggests Sen. Barack Obama's campaign tricked Sen. John McCain into competing in Pennsylvania.

1. Obama's campaign learns McCain has just $37 million entering October.

2. Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell says he's "nervous" that McCain is gaining ground.

3. Obama's team "leaks" an internal poll proving Rendell's anxiety.

4. McCain pulls back in other states to "flood" Pennsylvania with resources.

In the end, Obama won Pennsylvania by double digits. As First Read notes, "Lost in Obama's impressive 11-point win in Pennsylvania is that McCain's Western PA strategy worked. The problem? There weren't enough votes out there."
http://politicalwire.com/

We talked about this a few weeks ago. I couldn't help but become nervous in the last few days though :lol

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Dyno said:
These people are crazier than shit-house rats.
Check this one
There is still hope. While I absolutely do not approve of assination, there is a good chance of someone trying it before he is sworn in or shortly after.
I don't want to have him killed, but that negro totally had it coming. And praise God for it.

With some luck the Republican party will implode, carrying the evangelical right with itself. The US needs a better conservative movement.

funkmastergeneral said:
The last page of that thread is brilliant, there are people actually hoping that Obama is assassinated. They really sound like true Christians.

For a slightly different Christian perspective I'm a regular attender at a fairly conservative (in regards to church doctrine, not politics) church in Seattle. Given how young and socially active our Church is there are plenty who are excited about the social changes Obama will be bringing into office and there was plenty of anger over the Iraq war (kinda hard to witness to / serve someone when your Government is...you know...killing them). The pretty much only real source of bitter tears is about the fact that we will probably see a Supreme Court justice elected that will continue the current policy of assuming that passing through a birth canal magically transforms an organ into a human being.

I'd say that's the situation that I'm currently in. I'm proud of our nation for electing a black man and I think the time has come for many of his policies. I'm just afraid that this election will continue to keep the Democrats believing that they need to kowtow to NARAL to get elected and that they will be afraid to take a stance for even moderate restrictions on abortion. Just my contribution of mild bitter tears (didn't vote for McCain or Obama) for GAF's amusment ;).

chimpychi

yogi3939

There is still hope. While I absolutely do not approve of assination, there is a good chance of someone trying it before he is sworn in or shortly after.

Also don't forget the challenges to his citizenship. I doubt that the people pressing that issue will slack off now. Rather, I expect them to redouble their efforts before the innauguration.

Does anyone know what the required action will be if Obama is assinated before he is sworn in? Also what does election law, or the constitution, say about the way to handle it if he is shown to be inneligible for the office? Does the succession rule that would give the presidency to Biden apply before Obama is sworn in or would we need a new election? Or a possible third scenario of McCain, with the second highest vote tally, being declared the winner instead?

no words...this is a christian forum???

so_awes

Banned
_dementia said:
well, my status is "very excited and looking forward to the welfare checks from you people."

i hope my cousins read it because it was for them.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Wow are you guys that arrogant and self important your looking for hardcore christian boards just to talk shit about its members?

You would think your candidate winning a historical election with historic turnout would be enough for some of you but you're going for after these people like they personally come to your house and rob you daily.

JFC enjoy the victory.

Also gun owners != hardcore christians.

At the GOP convention in St. Paul, Palin was completely unfazed by the boys' club fraternity she had just joined. One night, Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter went to her hotel room to brief her. After a minute, Palin sailed into the room wearing nothing but a towel, with another on her wet hair. She told them to chat with her laconic husband, Todd. "I'll be just a minute," she said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-once-greeted-mccain_n_141394.html

HOT

"It was very odd...many of the girls in my dorm were sobbing while they listened, overcome with this intense joy. I found myself getting sucked in...but I asked God to guard my mind and perspective and viola, I "snapped out of it"...he has this strange aura that is very visible when he's on stage and when he speaks that just catches you if you let your guard down. It had me very concerned. "

:lol

http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=66816

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom