• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Sanders nearly tied with Clinton nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

I can't imagine anyone actually responding to a polling call like that.
I was working for a call center a few years back. Not political, but for marketing research. I did a lot of loaded surveys and people where not less acceptant of those than neutral ones. They looked blatant to me, but most people didn't seemed to be very troubled.

HylianTom

Banned
I hope this is a permanent schism within the party. Don't vote for Hillary if Sanders loses, lets do this all over again in 4 years.
This simply tells me that you're not truly serious about Bernie's causes. Because if you were, you wouldn't be so glib about sentencing it to death via GOP judiciary.

Say we elect Bernie 2.0 in 4 years. In the meantime, RBG has been replaced by a Scalia clone.

The moment the ink dries on any progressive legislation that Bernie signs, a challenge is filed in court. Ruling, appeal, ruling, appeal, SCOTUS essentially exercises a veto.

Thus far, I've only seen: "we can pack the courts!" and "we can lobby SCOTUS on really big cases!" as responses to this point. You have no real counter to this.

I hope this is a permanent schism within the party. Don't vote for Hillary if Sanders loses, lets do this all over again in 4 years.

Lol and when the GOP electes judges that destroy health care and overturn Roe V Wade, do god knows what to racial minorities and LGBT rights oh and who knows what else... at least you'll have your principles to stand by

This simply tells me that you're not truly serious about Bernie's causes. Because if you were, you wouldn't be so glib about sentencing it to death via GOP judiciary.

Say we elect Bernie 2.0 in 4 years. In the meantime, RBG has been replaced by a Scalia clone.

The moment the ink dries on any progressive legislation that Bernie signs, a challenge is filed in court. Ruling, appeal, ruling, appeal, SCOTUS essentially exercises a veto.

Thus far, I've only seen: "we can pack the courts!" and "we can lobby SCOTUS on really big cases!" You have no real counter to this.
A false choice is being presented between Hillary and Bernie, I'm just trying to remind people that if Bernie loses we shouldn't automatically get behind Hillary. Hillary represents a drone presidency, a surveillance presidency, a corporate presidency and so on. It's disturbing that the narrative is Bernie or Hillary, they are far too different on too many issues to just let this slide.

A false choice is being presented between Hillary and Bernie, I'm just trying to remind people that if Bernie loses we shouldn't automatically get behind Hillary. Hillary represents a drone presidency, a surveillance presidency, a corporate presidency and so on. It's disturbing that the narrative is Bernie or Hillary, they are far too different on too many issues to just let this slide.

They voted 93% the same way...

And it is Bernie or Hillary because the other option is the fucking GOP

But what is the alternative then?

Someone WILL get into the White House and be in power no matter what come November.

The narrative is Clinton vs Sanders only in the context of the Democratic Primary. If you want, go republican or independent. But realistically speaking only 2 organizations truly have the manpower to push their preferred candidate to the top. And if it's a choice between a Democrat you dislike and a Republican, then which one is better?

Oriel

Wrong on so many levels. Bernie supporters aren't doing themselves any favours spouting such silliness.

no, this isn't the right attitude

if one loses, you gotta concede or we're seriously fucked
Why should we all throw ourselves behind Clinton when she represents so much of the problem?

If because of republicans, then this is really just a race to the bottom.

Why should we all throw ourselves behind Clinton when she represents so much of the problem?

93% same voting record. Christ. Hell Clinton is more progressive on gun control.

And because if you don't your Supreme Court becomes a GOP veto for the next 20+ years

Oriel

Hillary and Bernie are close on so many issues. She IS a progressive. Would you rather her or Cruz in the Oval Office because those are likely to be your only choices come general election day. You can blame America's shitty FPTP system for that but for now it's always going to be a two party race.

Jenov

http://www.businessinsider.com/hillary-clinton-vs-bernie-sanders-on-the-issues-2015-9

bi_graphics_hillary-clinton-vs-bernie-sanders_updated.png

Not to mention they voted the same 93% of the time while in Senate together. Don't read so much reddit...

Well, fair enough. The system is so rigged that if Sanders loses we suddenly have to give up many of our values in order to vote for a viable candidate.

This is a troubling country.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hillary-clinton-vs-bernie-sanders-on-the-issues-2015-9

Not to mention they voted the same 93% of the time while in Senate together. Don't read so much reddit...

Look at the foreign policy differences though. And look at how he's being attacked for being horrible on foreign policy. Well, some of his comments seem light years ahead of the others. Let other powers in the regional fight their own wars. It's a bit of a denial to the military industrial complex.

Afrodium

Banned

What is this other option you keep going on about? I have no clue what solution you're presenting here. There's only two candidates for the Dems at the moment, and one of them WILL be running against the GOP in November. Who are you proposing we vote for?

I honestly have no idea who to vote for this election. I'm definitley not voting for any republican candidate, I'm not sure if Bernie will be able to get any of his ideas passed if that movement he keeps talking about doesn't happen and also he seems to not really know much about foreign policy, and im not really a huge fan of hillary. I guess if hillary wins the primary I'll just have to vote for her since she's better than any republican at least.

pigeon

Banned
Well, fair enough. The system is so rigged that if Sanders loses we suddenly have to give up many of our values in order to vote for a viable candidate.

This is a troubling country.

You: "Why would I vote for Hillary if Sanders loses?"
GAF: "Because they're nearly identical?"
You: "I guess the system is rigged."

Message boards are for reading as well as posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom