• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am old, jaded, and hate puppies.

SZJWb.gif

Why?

And how old are you squirt? I mean Ke$ha, slaying, do you even bother with older acts or is it just your routine to stick with newer stuff despite how mediocre it is? Are you afraid of black and white movies too?

Only bad ones.

Music is the same as it has always been. A mix of good, bad, and a million level in between. Nothing annoys me more than people who categorically hate anything new in media.

Just give it a chance. Maybe you will like it, maybe you won't. Complaining about "new" music isn't a legit argument.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Gurl I wasn't ran out. I left because I chose not to associate myself with trash. Nice try tho. Besides I no longer see those posts.

http://i.imgur.com/ir4aI.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/j2xbYqF1Qc53b.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

Seems more like you couldn't handle the pressure.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibqtgOnq7EwTEa.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
Holy shit holy shit. I literally can't believe there's a video for Mutual Core. Biophilia redeemed. Must make avatar. That was fucking awesome.

Nah nah. I can see how some injection of fine taste might put some people off. Maybe it's a bit too pretentious or something to stomach after such cheese.

Only bad ones.

Music is the same as it has always been. A mix of good, bad, and a million level in between. Nothing annoys me more than people who categorically hate anything new in media.

Just give it a chance. Maybe you will like it, maybe you won't. Complaining about "new" music isn't a legit argument.

I like some new stuff. You're the one shitting on age here, not me.

Mumei

Only bad ones.

How many good singers can you name today? I'll be generous! And they don't even need to be popular!

tumblr_m3dujnxgRg1rrjm7ho1_r1_500.gif

I'm back lovelies. And hope you guys had a lovely thanksgiving.

Starting tomorrow, I'll start catching up on belated reviews and pop culture commentary.

Currently at work one two separate reviews for two recent albums. Didn't think I'd be reviewing one of the two but ah well, what the heart wants...

tumblr_mccoodVHWD1qhm6vbo1_500.gif

Vazra

Nah nah. I can see how some injection of fine taste might put some people off. Maybe it's a bit too pretentious or something to stomach after such cheese.

Hmmm diversity of tastes yadda yadda I though I vacuumed the dust out of this carpet tho.
ibqtgOnq7EwTEa.gif

How many good singers can you name today? I'll be generous! And they don't even need to be popular!

Kelly, Beyonce, Leona, Adam Lambert, not sure where the cutoff to define "good" is.

I never shitted on age. "Old" was alluding to people who live in the past. (I also don't think you really hate puppies)

There is plenty of great music that is older. I never said it was otherwise. Twas you who brought up the idea that new music is bad.

Mumei

... After all the opera I've made them listen to mute, I sincerely doubt your pretentiousness will phase them.

I am not shading. Just being honest.

She is a very, very good singer. However, she lacks the acrobatics some of the others can pulls off.

I never, ever, will shade the amazing Adele.

(was actually Mumei who convinced me of this position as I recall)

They have vegas shows if you want acrobatics. Also strip clubs.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Yeah Adele is good as well. Though not amazing imo. Just very trained and nice sound.
I'm sorry, what? You're a Kelly stan, as am I. I can't understand how you don't more than like Adele's voice. I mean, my dream collaboration would be the two of them. That would be the definition of slay. I feel like Adele is the best British voice and Kelly the best American voice on radio today. The live performances of that song at award shows/press appearances.

Ugh. I need to stop thinking about this. I'm just going to send myself into a deep depression because it'll never happen.

Ke$ha was the best of show.
No.

tumblr_mduyve471O1rheefzo1_400.jpg

royalan

I am not shading. Just being honest.

She is a very, very good singer. However, she lacks the acrobatics some of the others can pulls off.

I never, ever, will shade the amazing Adele.

There is absolutely nothing special or amazing about Adele's vocal ability other than the fact that she used it cash in on being the overweight other type of singer in a music industry obsessed with beauty and EDM. 21 is such an overrated piece of melancholy slop that I'm surprised Arte doesn't stan for ha.

Although I guess there's some brilliance in being able to conjure that.

Artemisia

Banned
C'mon doesn't do it for me like Die Young does, but it is still good =]

21 is such an overrated piece of melancholy slop that I'm surprised Arte doesn't stan for ha.

excuse me bitch

1) 21 is good, take a seat

2) it also happens to be better than every xtincta album

Vazra

There is absolutely nothing special or amazing about Adele's vocal ability other than the fact that she used it cash in on being the overweight other type of singer in a music industry obsessed with beauty and EDM. 21 is such an overrated piece of melancholy slop that I'm surprised Arte doesn't stan for ha.

Although I guess there's some brilliance in being able to conjure that.

*Looks at Lotus sales and Christina's Pics*

Overweight Xtina wishes to be doing what overweight Adele does.

royalan

C'mon doesn't do it for me like Die Young does, but it is still good =]

excuse me bitch

1) 21 is good, take a seat

2) it also happens to be better than every xtincta album

Turns out I wasn't wrong. :)

*Looks at Lotus sales and Christina's Pics*

Overweight Xtina wishes to be doing what overweight Adele does.

If that was the case then she'd be doing it sweetie.

iem0v5emNjY23.gif

I want to admit that I still am genuinely impressed with Unapologetic but I am scared given the general mood towards the rar file album in here. It might be my favorite Rihanna album.

Unsure whether this qualifies as a compliment or not

You're joking in crossing off Kelly but leaving Beyonce, right? Because in terms of vocals, that's laughable. Physical performance? Beyonce runs circles around anyone nowadays. But...yeah, no. Sorry.

Preach!

royalan

I want to admit that I still am genuinely impressed with Unapologetic but I am scared given the general mood towards the rar file album in here. It might be my favorite Rihanna album.

I will not sully my keyboard by using it to type out a complete review of #Allergenic, but I will say that I think it's Rihanna's most cohesive album. It all fits together.

Only problem is cohesiveness alone does not a good album make. It's about as consistent as a bowl of gruel, and just as exciting.

Mumei

YA$ on iTunes right now.

Promote Ha

Ke¢ha should bathe more often; it's a good look for her.

Kelly, Beyonce, Leona, Adam Lambert, not sure where the cutoff to define "good" is.

This is a fair enough list. I think you could probably also list a few others (e.g. Carrie and Jordin are both good enough for "good," for instance, and there are probably others I am not thinking of offhand). This list is just sad compared to a list of singers who were active from, say, the 1980s to mid-1990s, however. For instance, Whitney Houston, Freddie Mercury, Steve Perry, Patti Labelle, Mariah Carey, Karen Carpenter, Teena Marie, John Farnham, Lara Fabian, Toni Braxton, Roy Khan, Anastacia, Annie Lennox, George Michael, Luther Vandross, and Lisa Fischer? And that isn't even counting singers who were by the standards of their day merely proficient, such as Selena, who would be billed as one of the best vocalists around.

If you don't think that standards for singing and musical intelligence have significantly degraded, you either aren't paying attention or you don't know singing.

Majmun

It is really good. Rated R remains my favorite, but this is definitely her second best album so far.
Yes, even better than LOUD, which has my favorite Rihanna song on it. (Man Down)

Loveeee Song is such a jam

I don't know what should be her next single, though. I'm guessing Jump.

Ke¢ha should bathe more often; it's a good look for her.

This is a fair enough list. I think you could probably also list a few others (e.g. Carrie and Jordin are both good enough for "good," for instance, and there are probably others I am not thinking of offhand). This list is just sad compared to a list of singers who were active from, say, the 1980s to mid-1990s, however. For instance, Whitney Houston, Freddie Mercury, Steve Perry, Patti Labelle, Mariah Carey, Karen Carpenter, Teena Marie, John Farnham, Lara Fabian, Toni Braxton, Roy Khan, Anastacia, Annie Lennox, George Michael, Luther Vandross, and Lisa Fischer? And that isn't even counting singers who were by the standards of their day merely proficient, such as Selena, who would be billed as one of the best vocalists around.

If you don't think that standards for singing and musical intelligence have significantly degraded, you either aren't paying attention or you don't know singing.

I suppose.

However, good music never has been dependent exclusively on vocal ability. With all the production that goes into music now its no wonder that a voice is optional. However, I still maintain that as long as I enjoy the music I don't really care all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom