• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I did. It sounds interesting; I just need to get the motivation to organize and write it. :p

And speaking of PMs: godel, you said you were going to send me something yesterday!

Funny, I don't see talent listed anywhere?

Let me know if you need any assistance!

RuPaul, the flawless Drag Queen Goddess, destroying Broken Spearit for best reality judge.

tumblr_mdnojys5Wd1rykw9io1_500.gif

What kind of flop list? I don't even know HEW half of these HEWs are!
RuPaul deserves to be at the top though. Flawless Queen. SO GLAD she's been getting recognition lately.

Koodo

Banned
I don't know why I'm screaming at Melanie Amaro's song being in the OP.

Scrumptious work yet again, Aguilasis.
i8kn6AoCCXxVY.gif

Britney would have to be conscious to be a good judge.

Sometimes I wonder whether she just keeps 5 or so flash cards around with random descriptive phrases to throw out during her critiques.......I also wonder if she lip syncs them to avoid fucking up....

dA200.gif

royalan

Sometimes I wonder whether she just keeps 5 or so flash cards around with random descriptive phrases to throw out during her critiques.......I also wonder if she lip syncs them to avoid fucking up....

dA200.gif

Psst! Do you see that earpiece she's sporting? In fact, it's speculated that the look she's giving in that gif is a mixture of shock and listening to whatever someone is telling her via the earpiece. Look at her eyes. It makes sense.

Mumei

Relevance was also not listed if you noticed. Since you never jumped on board until that was waning.....which gives me more hope for a 1D conversion sometime down the road.

#oop

It's not my fault (it is, but shut up about it) that I only started listening to music seriously fairly recently and was too young to have really appreciated my faves when I was younger. :(

Let me know if you need any assistance!

Oh, I plan on sharing the rough draft. :D

Bladenic

My mom was dragging Britney and stanning Xtina in terms of judges.

Of course she also said Britney used to be a talented SINGER (and dancer but that's fair) so who knows?

Wilsongt

Thread is moving fast. Anyone needs a drink?

I have enough
icIgQTtgbSUJf.gif

No thanks. I gave up on soda long ago. It's bad for your health, much like listening to too much Beyawnce can be bad for your mental state.

"We run the world, girls. We run the world, girls. We run the world, girls. We run the world, girls."

You better werk, huntie. The Queen showing everyone who is truly The Queen.

tumblr_m0yek3BbZE1qc8ie7o1_250.gif

Of course she also said Britney used to be a talented SINGER (and dancer but that's fair) so who knows?

I think Xtina isn't a bad judge overall. Most of the things I don't like about her judging are a direct result of the "teams" aspect of the competition (which I loathe) so I don't hold that against her. She is far superior to Brit.

No thanks. I gave up on soda long ago. It's bad for your health, much like listening to too much Beyawnce can be bad for your mental state.

"We run the world, girls. We run the world, girls. We run the world, girls. We run the world, girls."

That song....I don't think I bothered to listen to a single track she released from that album after I heard it. Truly terrible. An era killer.

Trigger

eBBba.gif

I don't blame her though. Britney hasn't done anything to make viewers care about her opinion.

Mumei

I quit soda years ago as well. I also tried some again recently and it just does nothing for me anymore.

I was never a big soda drinker, though.

royalan

All shade/stanning aside Xtina really has been a damn good judge.

She gives thoughtful critique, and she's not afraid to square off with the guys and be harsh (something that I have to give credit to Demi for, as well. A true Xtina stan.)

She gives great advice when coaching her team on their vocals ("Advice that she doesn't follow herself" - Mumei).

She's picks great songs for her team (most of the time) and suggests great songs for contestants on other teams - like when she told that little whelp that she would do better to sing a Fiona Apple song and the trollop caved in and ended up giving one of her best performances of the season.

AND she's entertaining. She and Cee Lo are going blow-for-blow for most ridiculous outfits this season, and she has so much fun.

I'm gonna miss my queen next season. ;___;

Mumei

Hey, Roy, how do you feel about Aaliyah?

All shade/stanning aside Xtina really has been a damn good judge.

She gives thoughtful critique. And she's not afraid to square off with the guys and be harsh (something that I have to give credit to Demi for, as well. A true Xtina stan.)

She gives great advice when coaching her team on their vocals ("Advice that she doesn't follow herself" - Mumei).

She's picks great songs for her team (most of the time) and suggests great songs for contestants on other teams - like when she told that little whelp that she would do better to sing a Fiona Apple song and the trollop caved in and ended up giving one of her best performances of the season.

AND she's entertaining. She and Cee Lo are going blow-for-blow for most ridiculous outfits this season, and she has so much fun.

I'm gonna miss my queen next season. ;___;

I enjoy her as a judge. I do think she suffers from the "I'm going to talk out my ass about my reactions to something because I'm trying to win the competition" syndrome that comes with the territory of these team-based singing contests, though.

Bladenic

Yeah...should be interesting. Its obviously a market grab but I am not sure she will accomplish it.

Are all the other judges coming back next season?

Shakira always does amazing in interviews and seems like the nicest person, but the appeal of The Voice seems to be banter between the judges where they shit on each other, I don't know how she'll fit in there. And I doubt she'll be the gif machine Xtina has been.

And Cee Lo is leaving too, replaced by Usher. I assume its just one season too.

Koodo

Banned
Shakira always does amazing in interviews and seems like the nicest person, but the appeal of The Voice seems to be banter between the judges where they shit on each other, I don't know how she'll fit in there. And I doubt she'll be the gif machine Xtina has been.
Reports say she already threw the local card at Usher and Blake. Scalping from the very first taping.

i7twyFNvkXuch.gif

royalan

Honestly...I don't think Xtina or Cee Lo will be returning.

It was always unlikely that The Voice would be able to keep a roster of superstar judges on permanently. I have a feeling that this "rotation" is The Voice producers' way of easing the public into a new set of judges.

Watch Adam and Blake follow Cee Lo and Christina after next season.

Hey, Roy, how do you feel about Aaliyah?

You know how I feel about Aaliyah. LOVE HA.

A prime example of a vocalist who understood her voice, knew her limits, and knew what made her GOOD.

Mumei

You know how I feel about Aaliyah. LOVE HA.

A prime example of a vocalist who understood her voice, knew her limits, and knew what made her GOOD.

I'm impressed; you managed to resist dragging Bey by comparison. I lobbed you that one, too.

iEiV3P6jluOob.gif

I agree entirely; I think she was remarkably musically intelligent for her age, as well.

Bladenic

Reports say she already threw the local card at Usher and Blake. Scalping from the very first taping.

i7twyFNvkXuch.gif

Oh I remember that now. Did she lie?

And I thought you said it was only gonna be a season, Roy. Maybe it was Botty saying that though. I can understand her leaving due to boredom etc. but damn if that check isn't nice. Cee Lo should definitely try to hold on to that though haha.

Curious if new judges will affect ratings in any way.

And Cee Lo is leaving too, replaced by Usher. I assume its just one season too.

I may have to watch a few episodes to see how the dynamic plays out(mostly I just watch the youtube performances and download a couple on itunes). I like the Shakira addition way more than Usher overall......

Still think The Voice's ratings will be down significantly next season. Back to back is just too much.....the changes in the panel on top of that....

Edit:Now that I think about it judge changes never hurt Idol.....so maybe it won't be a big deal.

How much was Xtina getting paid for her Voice gig anyways? Could her hiatus be more about extorting a bigger check than anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom