• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Ya'll are doing TEW MUCH.

It's just a damn lyric video. It was cute for what it was.

The world will forget about it once the official video comes out.

cory64

Yep. Lateness seems to be a theme this era.

tumblr_m9m8fhDiM71qfn8tp.gif

Ties

Banned
Gaga can't even get a gig on Drag Race without having to beg at the knees of a tribute drag act.

Why bother shading X-Factorney? Just, why bother?

It is absolutely fitting that her persona this lead single is that of a sad clown. She is mourning the dire state of her career, and wearing all of her disjointed, nonsensical ideas on her parrot-like, carnival wench disaster of a face.

Did I mention the clown she's cosplaying as is Pierrot? He only smiled for those that clapped for him, and it looks like Gaga isn't about to take that face paint off any time soon if those iTunes positions and mixed receptions are any indication of the future of her dwindling career.

iSOjnQKhzAuGn.gif

cory64

Gaga can't even get a gig on Drag Race without having to beg at the knees of a tribute drag act.

It is absolutely fitting that her persona this lead single is that of a sad clown. She is mourning the dire state of her career, and wearing all of her disjointed, nonsensical ideas on her parrot-like, carnival wench disaster of a face.

Did I mention the clown she's cosplaying as is Pierrot? He only smiled for those that clapped for him, and it looks like Gaga isn't about to take that face paint off any time soon if those iTunes positions and mixed receptions are any indication of the future of her dwindling career.

iSOjnQKhzAuGn.gif

ties pls
iQLblVyNsq9il.gif

I'm over "Applause". :/ After 29 plays on Last.fm, I'm just not in love with it anymore. That lyric video for it sucks as well. Man, this is just disappointing. I want to continue to love "Applause", but I just can't. It doesn't get me all excited like her previous singles did anymore. It's definitely no "Born This Way" which eviscerated me continuously, and got me all excited for the whole album (which became my favorite from her). *sigh* At least there's "Aura/Burqa" which still continues to slay me. You know, "Aura/Burqa" might not have done as well as "Applause" is doing now, but I think it would have been perfect (for me at least) to start the era off. It's so infectious and epic, and "Applause" has just become so dull to me. I don't know, maybe the music video and the VMA performance will reignite my love for "Applause", but I'm not sure. I'm starting to think they should have picked another song, and left "Applause" as an album track. Maybe any other track that involved Zedd would have been better.

Fey

Banned

iSOjnQKhzAuGn.gif

at least gaga's return has led to one good thing

iQLblVyNsq9il.gif

I'm over "Applause". :/ After 29 plays on Last.fm, I'm just not in love with it anymore. That lyric video for it sucks as well. Man, this is just disappointing. I want to continue to love "Applause", but I just can't. It doesn't get me all excited like her previous singles did anymore. It's definitely no "Born This Way" which eviscerated me continuously, and got me all excited for the whole album (which became my favorite from her). *sigh* At least there's "Aura/Burqa" which still continues to slay me. You know, "Aura/Burqa" might not have done as well as "Applause" is doing now, but I think it would have been perfect (for me at least) to start the era off. It's so infectious and epic, and "Applause" has just become so dull to me. I don't know, maybe the music video and the VMA performance will reignite my love for "Applause", but I'm not sure. I'm starting to think they should have picked another song, and left "Applause" as an album track. Maybe any other track that involved Zedd would have been better.

I feel so similarly. I got tired of Applause literally an hour after I heard it the first time.

Even BTW, which I was heavily underwhelmed with when I first heard it, was played almost constantly for a week after it came out.

botty

Banned

iSOjnQKhzAuGn.gif

Not you making a knee joke then segueing into Brit.

iTg8Woyai6xEL.gif

Kyon

Banned

iSOjnQKhzAuGn.gif

Heh

Your return is more iconic and successful than GagiTa's. I approve

ikpqIDyfqfssG.gif

SaintZ

iSOjnQKhzAuGn.gif
i cant breathe
ETA: wait
Not you making a knee joke then segueing into Brit.

iTg8Woyai6xEL.gif
now im fucking done
ahhrpqrg.gif

Ties

Banned
can rihanna please flop i want this level of vitriol and scrutiny directed at her

iQLblVyNsq9il.gif
You and I both know that Rihanna is incapable of flopping. She has already cemented her name next to the legends on overall sales lists, and it is hysterical how the Monsters elsewhere are using Rihanna as backup when they were dragging her to the depths of Hell for not nearly being half the visionary that Gaga is. Whatever that means. Applause shows that Gaga can't even progress her sound. What she is literally doing is attempting to rewind to the glory days of her career where she hid her haggard features behind oversized sunglasses and was hailed as the savior of pop. There is no progression here, rather, it is clear that Gaga has regressed. The Fame Monster is a clear fluke on her career, because, that one at least, had a consistent quality to it whereas Born This Way was the start of her pandering.

Rihanna will stay churning out hit after hit after hit each consecutive era while Gaga caters to the depths of the loose, sexually frustrated fanbase she has left post The Fame Monster. I don't know. Maybe, just maybe, there is a hint of Fame Monster Gaga left in her and it'll show in ARTPOP. But everything she has released so far has been exploitative, dated, and gross.

iSOjnQKhzAuGn.gif

B-Dex

Hard
Rehab
Te Amo
Wait your Turn
That Maroon 5 collab
That song with Slash

Rih churns out copious amounts of trash. Don't act like that barbadian goat is free of flaws.

he didn't specify when lol

You know Ru called her ass like clockwork when she got that tweet. It would be the show's biggest break yet, lol

Okay that Applause lyric video's grown on me. I see Shangela and Shanel serving iT.

I love my Gaga. We all want to mold her for our own personal preferences, but she's consistently doing what she wants first and foremost, balls to the wall. I'll always admire that about her. <3

Oh, and in 5-10 years you ALL will too.

Aguila

#ICONIC
The Gaga hate in here. I love it.

SEETHE, ALL OF YOU

EDIT: Oh my God did Gaga ask RuPaul to be on Drag Race?? YAAAAAAAAAS SAY YES RU

It's quite funny that they think she's flopping.

Applause is currently the top song on iTunes WORLDWIDE.
ARTPOP is currently the top album on iTunes WORLDWIDE.
Lady Gaga is currently the top artist on iTunes WORLDWIDE.

The utter delusions. kiiiii

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I've never seen such a thorough turnaround on a pop star, from one song no less. The hate is intense!

LOL at Detox!! At least he's honest. God he weirds me out. Pectoral implants!

Partition

Banned

She's set to a higher standard. If Perra was in her position no one would give a fuck

royalan

#Fighters are FEASTING on this karmic retribution.

After what Gaga and the LM did to Xtina during Bionic era? Ha!

Cursetina doesn't forget. And she doesn't forgive.

Ties

Banned

How quick the Monsters go about bringing up receipts in their favor when a few months back they were stanning for the quality of Born This Way rather than its charts.

iSOjnQKhzAuGn.gif

I've never seen such a thorough turnaround on a pop star, from one song no less. The hate is intense!

LOL at Detox!! At least he's honest. God he weirds me out. Pectoral implants!

People here are literally unable to handle the fact that she doesn't give a shit. She's on her own lane and everybody wants her to be safe, predictable and inoffensive.

We have Katy Perry for that. Let Gaga be Gaga tbh

How quick the Monsters go about bringing up receipts in their favor when a few months back they were stanning for the quality of Born This Way rather than its charts.

iSOjnQKhzAuGn.gif

1) stop cracking me up today diva
2) Born This Way had the quality and the sales to satisfy the Kyons of the world, so let it be. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom