• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Battlefield 4 - First Expansion revealed - DRONE STRIKE

Chaplain

It states the DLC will be available in the fall, how does that mean it will be on PS4? Battlefield DLC is usually not released when the game launches, it comes some time after.

Where is this PS4 fact? I see no logo.

Lets look at the facts:

1. PS4 ships in the fourth quarter of 2013.
2. Battlefield 4 releases in the fourth quarter of 2013.
3. DLC is also coming in the fourth quarter of 2013.
4. EA has said that the game is coming to PS4 in their conference call, and through media outlets.

Now unless the game is shipping in 2014 for PS4, which no info has seemed to suggest, logic would seem to point to the fact that BF4 will ship this year on PS4. To me at least.

Not from the pic, but from the EA conference call saying that the game was coming to PS4. The poster just provides the last peace of evidence that it will be a launch (or launch window) title from all of the info that has been revealed to date.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/27/4151852/battlefield-4-17-minute-trailer

"While the PS4 edition is not currently listed on the official pre-order site for the game, an Electronic Arts official confirmed that the game is coming to the platform."

sangreal

Not from the pic, but from the EA conference call saying that the game was coming to PS4. The poster just provides the last peace of evidence that it will be a launch (or launch window) title from all of the info that has been revealed to date.

I have no doubt its coming to PS4, but you said the pic confirms it? The only thing new in that picture is the expansion pack. I think you're referring to "Fall 2013" but that was officially announced before so there is no need to confirm it

Actually, the expansion pack isn't new either. Just the name

Lets look at the facts:

4. EA has said that the game is coming to PS4 in their conference call, and through media outlets.

Now unless the game is shipping in 2014 for PS4, which no info has seemed to suggest, logic would seem to point to the fact that BF4 will ship this year on PS4. To me at least.

Erm, I don't think that date is for the DLC, it's for the game. That's the game's cover. It's just telling you if you pre-order it you get the first DLC.

Recall

Lets look at the facts:

If DLC is coming in fall this would mean BF4 would release at least a month before it, as DLC in the past has never shipped at the same time as game launch.

So are you saying BF4 comes out on PS3 and 360 and then released on PS4, once the PS4 is launched months after?

Moaradin

That is an immensely stupid name, and all but confirms that they're cutting content out now which is planned as DLC.

I mean, the sane among us know that companies pull this bullshit, but it's just one more strike against DLC.

No it doesn't actually. BF3 had the same thing. Would you call Back to Karkland cut from the game? It came out months after the game released, and pre-orders got it for free. The same is looking true for this.

AppleMIX

Oh man, the leaps in logic in this thread are amazing.

We literally only know the name and people are already assuming that it was cut content.

Chaplain

I have no doubt its coming to PS4, but you said the pic confirms it? The only thing new in that picture is the expansion pack. I think you're referring to "Fall 2013" but that was officially announced before so there is no need to confirm it.

From the poster I got the impression that the poster was saying Fall 2013 for the release of the DLC.

Erm, I don't think that date is for the DLC, it's for the game. That's the game's cover. It's just telling you if you pre-order it you get the first DLC.

Then I misunderstood it.

If DLC is coming in fall this would mean BF4 would release at least a month before it, as DLC in the past has never shipped at the same time as game launch.

So are you saying BF4 comes out on PS3 and 360 and then released on PS4, once the PS4 is launched months after?

Back to Karkand was released on December 13, 2011. The same year that BF 3 launched. So, Dice has shown that they can do it if they want to.

Recall

Back to Karkand was released on December 13, 2011. The same year that BF 3 launched. So, Dice has shown that they can do it if they want to.

The same year yes but not at the same time. Do we have a launch date for PS4? I'm not saying youre wrong I just want to see the facts before I get excited.

I want to see a return of the UAV from BC2. Lol at all the people thinking this is cut content or not buying the game because of dlc announced before the game is out. Us battlefield players will enjoy this and the rest of the expansions.

Makoto

I want to see a return of the UAV from BC2. Lol at all the people thinking this is cut content or not buying the game because of dlc announced before the game is out. Us battlefield players will enjoy this and the rest of the expansions.
haha yeah us BATTLEFIELD PLAYERS

Expansion packs are supposed to come out in the coming months and years after a game's release, not at the same time!.

You're right, luckily EA doesn't make expansion packs, they make DLC and DLC can be made months before a game is even out and released on the same day as release.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Expansion packs are supposed to come out in the coming months and years after a game's release, not at the same time!

Yeah, still quite annoying though.
I really doubt that they'll have it ready on time. It was a miracle that they didn't have to delay BF3, and it only shipped with the vanilla maps.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
So it doesn't make sense to be an early adopter of BF4, considering something similar was done with BF3 and eventually they released the game and all its expansions. Man I really want to be there for day one but alas why pay for an unfinished game? Oh well I'll still have my Killzone

Marleyman

Banned
So it doesn't make sense to be an early adopter of BF4, considering something similar was done with BF3 and eventually they released the game and all its expansions. Man I really want to be there for day one but alas why pay for an unfinished game? Oh well I'll still have my Killzone

0112_xmos.gif

Seeing stuff like this, months before the games even released depresses me.

What bothers me more is when its Day 1 DLC. This seems like post release DLC, like Karkand was, which is fine.

It seems like putting the cart before the horse, advertising your DLC when the game isn't even out yet, but whatever. That's EA Marketing for you.

sflufan

Banned
I presume that Attorney General Holder will be issuing a memorandum about whether this DLC can be sold on US territory :p

nickp

Neo Member
I hope it's fake. Between announcing DLC along with its respective game, telling players to pre-order games they haven't seen, and shoving micro-transactions into every nook and cranny they can (read: micro-transactions are the new multiplayer), publishers are driving this industry in the wrong direction. Every year they sink to a new low.

Hystzen

You didn't even have to pre order BF3 to get Karkland free most stores had it on launch day. Gota love the moaning over expansion pack being announced when its always been like that with DICE but hey EA is the publisher rabble rabble rabble

RoKKeR

The BF3 DLC stuff was great. As long as it is similar it shouldn't be a problem.
Yep, at the end of the day it comes down to what good content they can provide through DLC to extend the life of the game. If they can deliver the same quality of DLC for BF4 as they did for BF3, I'll be pleased.

MooseKing

Banned
Pretty happy they are already working on content they will not be including in the game that comes out in 6 months.

What a joke EA has become, and all their weak developers.

When do you judge a game is "done" when you are still working on it, then save everything else for an expansion? Why not just include this IN the game to make it even better.

The more people with business degrees get into this industry, the worse the end products become. Although the graphics may be better than ever, games are less than half the length they used to be, have no story, no imagination and are the same shit every year.

Announcing an expansion pack of game thats not even near completion, fuck off :p

season passes should be mandatory. you get so much more revenue for much less effort. pack it up into chucks and oversell it, to make it seem like a better deal.

And thats why publishers push for tagged-on multiplayer in ohh so many games.

Top Bottom