• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible PS5 leak info

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Were they? I thought the ps4 and One were announced at e3? As for switch that doesn't surprise me with 4 directs a year. Very well then. Thanks!

PS4 was revealed on February 20th at the PlayStation Meeting in NY.

Xbox One was revealed May 21st at Microsoft's campus.

demigod

Guys this is just a ploy by Sony releasing fake info. What better way to fool your opponent by giving out 1-2 info thats correct so that the rest would be believeable. By the time ps experience rolls around, BAM ps5 announcement and same year release to catch your opponent off guard again.

Guys this is just a ploy by Sony releasing fake info. What better way to fool your opponent by giving out 1-2 info thats correct so that the rest would be believeable. By the time ps experience rolls around, BAM ps5 announcement and same year release to catch your opponent off guard again.

Isn't PSX in December though? Lol.

It would be interesting seeing a console release in December.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Gonna be a monster

DsFEqPxXQAARvr5

Last edited:

SonGoku

Well they know better. They know what they're aiming for, and if that can be done early 2020, it'll release then and no point waiting for late 2020.
I mean i hope they think of the MONSTER first and their pockets second, not the other way around.
Gonna be a monster

It better be a 14TF and 32GB GDDR6 MONSTER or I'll be pissed
Though i'd settle for 24GB and 13TF

Last edited:
Things imply that Sony sent out Dev kits first. So now the question about whether Sony or MS's console is more powerful gets interesting.

If MS send out Dev kits after Sony and they have the stronger console, ok. If they have the weaker console than ps5 after sending kits last, xbox is done.

OsirisBlack

Banned
I’m sorry for the wait and it’s almost time. Announcement early next release 8 to 12 after. Devkits said not to be final specifications I only know about internal EA Ubi and Capcom having Devkits.

Dabaus

Banned
Activision and Square Enix dont have dev kits? There was a linked in profile that said SE was working on a ps5 game.

Dabaus

Banned
I think Sony are stupid for skipping e3 altogether but it makes sense if their dick deep in ps5 development. I think they’re purposely keeping ps5 specs close to the chest for as long as possible to keep Microsoft guessing. If it takes about 2 years to design a console and be locked in then this is actually pretty smart for confusing Microsoft, assuming that’s the play here. Microsoft, not Sony have backed themselves into a corner saying they will be the most powerful console, but how can that make that claim without knowing what Sony is doing? Maybe they have inside contacts and already know, maybe they don’t.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
kinda pointless metric since fps its a developer choice, even the PS4 Pro could do 60fps at 4k if enough sacrifices were made

It is while GPU is fighting with CPU, but if the CPU is powerful enough to not rely on GPU at all then it shouldn't be a problem.

Noctis114

Neo Member
Ok guys, after much speculating and compering to the PS4's launch style, and with the recent news today, here's how i believe the PlayStation 5 will be announced:

PSX 2019 will be to the PS5 what the PlayStation meeting 2013 was to the PS4, an end of the year conference thats already been established by Sony to tease the next year of gaming, just like the PSM they'll officially announce the PS5 and talk mostly about its specs and improvements over its predecessor and maybe show of about a few games running on the PS5. Not sure if Sony will have some sort of presence at the GDC 2013, maybe a keynote speech detailing more about the PS5's specs by Mark Cerny.

Next major event will be of course E3 2020 where they will fully reveal the design of the console, show a ton of next gen games and give us the price and release date of the PS5 which i expect it to be roughly $399 launching in Q4 2020 in time for the PlayStation 25th anniversary, where they will also release a limited edition PS5 with the classic PS1 skin akin to what they did for the PS4 back in the 20th anniversary of PlayStation.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I’m sorry for the wait and it’s almost time. Announcement early next release 8 to 12 after. Devkits said not to be final specifications I only know about internal EA Ubi and Capcom having Devkits.

Are the rumours from RuthenicCookie falling in line with what you're hearing?

TLZ

Banned
Ok guys, after much speculating and compering to the PS4's launch style, and with the recent news today, here's how i believe the PlayStation 5 will be announced:

PSX 2019 will be to the PS5 what the PlayStation meeting 2013 was to the PS4, an end of the year conference thats already been established by Sony to tease the next year of gaming, just like the PSM they'll officially announce the PS5 and talk mostly about its specs and improvements over its predecessor and maybe show of about a few games running on the PS5. Not sure if Sony will have some sort of presence at the GDC 2013, maybe a keynote speech detailing more about the PS5's specs by Mark Cerny.

Next major event will be of course E3 2020 where they will fully reveal the design of the console, show a ton of next gen games and give us the price and release date of the PS5 which i expect it to be roughly $399 launching in Q4 2020 in time for the PlayStation 25th anniversary, where they will also release a limited edition PS5 with the classic PS1 skin akin to what they did for the PS4 back in the 20th anniversary of PlayStation.
Actually it might be psx 2019 is what E3 was to PS4 if they release early 2020.

Noctis114

Neo Member
Actually it might be psx 2019 is what E3 was to PS4 if they release early 2020.
But would they really release a new console in march though? That's another thing i don't get about today's leak. Sure it worked for Nintendo once with the switch but Sony has usually shipped a new console during the holiday seasons.

TLZ

Banned
But would they really release a new console in march though? That's another thing i don't get about today's leak. Sure it worked for Nintendo once with the switch but Sony has usually shipped a new console during the holiday seasons.
I know, but Sony just cancelled their first E3 in 24 years. Things happen I guess. Maybe they want to try releasing before MS if they possibly can?

Last edited:

Pallas

This is going to be interesting, from what I saw bitbydeath bitbydeath posted if true,a $499 price point for a launch console might be risky(is the built in VR causing it to be more expensive?), especially if Microsoft releases multiple SKU’s of varying powers. I am highly interested in the PS5, and if it’s bacjwsrds compatibile with the PS4(shouldn’t be any issues) I might get one, since I skipped PS4 mostly(still contemplating if I want a Pro or should I just wait)

Console bullshit warring aside, next gen might be one of the best if Microsoft delivers on those acquired studios and Sony doesn’t completely revert back to the PS3 era. Praying that both companies get it right at the same time for once.

24ni2c5.jpg

Toe-Knee

Are consoles really ever announced outside of e3? You already have a time and place. Besides, you cancel psx when 3 months later you announce this? Just announce it! If there is any info, it's e3 next year.

Yes. The ps4 & ps4 Pro were indeed at their own events

Zaebosyan

Neo Member
I didn't understand. Announcement for the next 8-12 months?

lynux3

so let me guess.... is it fall 2019 definitely ruled out?
No one really knows. So far it looks like early announcement next year and a release window between 8-12 months afterwards. So it looks to be similar to PS4's announcement.

TeamGhobad

Banned
11tflops with zen 2 8c/16t cpu and 16gb gddr6 is a monster for sure. im guessing the final specs are close to this.

edit: 500bucks for a product that is going to be scarce is not that bad. people still have bad memories of 600dollar ps3 but that was 12-13 years ago. take inflation into account and 500dollars is very reasonable.

Last edited:
There it goes, I posted here a few months ago that EA already had the devkits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom