• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible PS5 leak info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctis114

Neo Member
Mass production starts next year and those specs are what we can expect for the GPU's releasing in 2019.
It would be cheaper in 2020 though if they'd rather wait for a price decrease.

Indeed, the later they can wait in releasing the PS5 the better specs we can hope for in the machine.

2019 looks to be a great time for AMD in general with their zen2 architecture processors and 7nm Navi GPU's coming out next year, with the future looking even brighter.

AMD is in a far better spot right now then it was back in 2013 when Jaguar was the best thing they could bring to the table for consoles.

Noctis114

Neo Member
18 Gigs of RAM makes sense and possible but i think this time launch price will be $500

For Microsoft yeah $500 does seem likely, but Sony does seem to really love that $399 price point this generation, with both the base PS4 and Pro releasing at that price.

Not to mention that Sony probably doesn't want another PS3 fiasco happening again due to the price.

Shin

Banned
AMD is in a far better spot right now then it was back in 2013 when Jaguar was the best thing they could bring to the table for consoles.
It also helps that there are contracts in place so they have certainty, it helps a lot with the R*D bill.
They'll be set to deliver 100+ SoC's for the PS4 platform, that along with the PlayStation should make for some good agreements price-wise between the 2 parties.
My point being, they are guaranteed to deliver/sell millions so hopefully both of them worked out a great deal that we'll see in the form of a PS5.

Grinchy

Banned
18 Gigs of RAM makes sense and possible but i think this time launch price will be $500
I'm hoping it's $499 this time at least.

That only sounds like too much if the direct competitor goes lower. If the cost has the power to back it up, it's worth it. I'd be willing to have another $599 launch if it meant a really powerful console. Now that everyone's using pretty standard hardware, a $599 console could be an actual beast.

Noctis114

Neo Member
It also helps that there are contracts in place so they have certainty, it helps a lot with the R*D bill.
They'll be set to deliver 100+ SoC's for the PS4 platform, that along with the PlayStation should make for some good agreements price-wise between the 2 parties.
My point being, they are guaranteed to deliver/sell millions so hopefully both of them worked out a great deal that we'll see in the form of a PS5.

Exactly, as of September 30, 2018, over 86 million PS4's have been sold worldwide, that's technically 86 million AMD APU's sold in just 5 years, which if i was an investor i'd be thrilled to hear, and as you said with contracts formed for more SoC's to Sony, there is a good business relationship going on here.

AMD knows that if the PS5 sticks to the same X86 architecture as the PS4 and keeps the pricing to a reasonable price for the average consumer (lets say $399) based on tech that's available in 2020 then Sony could very well catch lighting in a bottle twice and sell just as many PS5's as PS4's.

That early rumor of AMD shifting 2/3rds of its team from Vega onto Navi footed by Sony for the PS5 makes a lot of sense from a business standpoint, Sony's been really good to AMD so next gen AMD will be really good to Sony on R&D.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Yooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swih.gif

Smoke6

What's the purpose of a screen in the controller? you can only look at one place at a time. Wouldn't it be more convenient to just press a button and see on the screen whatever you were supposed to see on the controller screen?

Also, if they really want a second screen, wouldn't it be better to just use your phone screen as some games are already doing on PS4?

You never had a Dreamcast?

You could play games like 2K locally without your friends seeing what play you picked. It was the bees knees!

what is going on? Some insiders at ERA are saying there are big news today. seems to be playstation news but some think its bad or maybe they are just fucking around

onQ123

PS5 is 2 consoles one is the real console & the other is a Cloud console

(Prediction )

Last edited:

ghairat

Keep your expectations low. Will probably be similar to Bethesda's announcement of Elder Scrolls for next gen.

Keep your expectations low. Will probably be similar to Bethesda's announcement of Elder Scrolls for next gen.

god damn it if its that i will never visit ERA again.

anyway. both Shuhei yoshida and head of acquisitions of playstation are in paris

tf is going on

Last edited:

onQ123

Osiris need to jump out & leak the info before some one else does because he is looking bad right now for his I'll post after I get off from work post.

Grinchy

Banned
Rather than midgen refreshes and incremental upgrades, why not something akin to sli/crossfire/nvlink? Imagine 2 ps5's connected via a high-speed link, the master ps5 runs at full capacity while the slave runs just the apu and memory adjusting the clocks on the fly as needed. At most you'd probably be drawing less than 500w from the wall which is about as much as any normal gaming pc.
That's so ridiculous and also so tempting.

I imagine a lot of more hardcore users would be willing to purchase a second console to get better performance. I just wonder how well-supported it would be with such a small percentage of the userbase being willing to buy 2.

Meowzers

I'm so excited I decided to throw caution to the wind to have 3 biscuits with my cup of tea. If it's nothing big then I'll have none with my next cup.

No way I'd go for a streaming console though as games are rediculously higher priced even though there's no materials involved and there's no way to do pre-owned games.

Dabaus

Banned
If its in regards to playstation news id say its one of these:

-acquire quantic dream (meh)
-Announce all first party games will be coming to pc as well
-Something to do with their own equivalent games pass

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If its in regards to playstation news id say its one of these:

-acquire quantic dream (meh)
-Announce all first party games will be coming to pc as well
-Something to do with their own equivalent games pass

They already have their own GamePass. PSNow. It is two(three) services in one.

-Streaming
-Downloadable PS4 Games
-Do not need Plus for multiplayer games on it

Sony will announce they're working closely with their first party studios to understand better what they need for the next PS5. Remember Team ICE? It'll be sorta Team ICE 2.0 Boosted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom