• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible PS5 leak info

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE:MILKMAN

Could a mod chime in on the Osiris leak situation? Or are you guys in the dark as much as the rest of us?

If there is a delay or something then an update would be nice. Leaving us all hanging like this is a bit out of order.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Could a mod chime in on the Osiris leak situation? Or are you guys in the dark as much as the rest of us?

If there is a delay or something then an update would be nice. Leaving us all hanging like this is a bit out of order.

I agree!

Bani

But the tech changes. Maxwell was a major upgrade from Kepler on the same node.

If you want RTX in the next console, you need power, if you want VR with RTX you need power, if you want 4k 60 or maybe 120 fps you need power, which means, you can have any tech behind the chips but for this all you need power because otherwise it will not go or we will see next gen consoles but not games on them, I greet you

If you want RTX in the next console, you need power, if you want VR with RTX you need power, if you want 4k 60 or maybe 120 fps you need power, which means, you can have any tech behind the chips but for this all you need power because otherwise it will not go or we will see next gen consoles but not games on them, I greet you

Ya, but better tech changes mean you only a certain amount of power for your goals than you did before. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
If buddy doesn't have the goods he should admit it. We all make mistakes and think we are certain of something until we're not. Im sure he's under a lot of pressure but claiming to have something and then completely bail is a worse look than being upfront and honest about not having something. Im more curious about software for the ps5 than actual hardware so id rather see someone leak that.

Are people that fucking ignorant and stupid? This not credible in any form or extent.

The design is horrendous, un-professional and un-Sony, the wording is inarticulate and inexact, the specs are incoherent or unavailable etc...

Meowzers

The X may not exactly be next-gen, but it's certainly doing a good job at the moment. If there were no mid-gen consoles then I'd be tearing my hair out
awaiting the PS5 and Xbox-whatever-it's-called-this-time-around.

May not be leaving base consoles in the dust, but for me it's a good void to fill until we get a new generation. Not the traditional one, but new and fresh ideas.

My only concern is that because we've had these mid-gen refreshes is that the likes of PS5 won't seem so powerful.

Meowzers

Are people that fucking ignorant and stupid? This not credible in any form or extent.

The design is horrendous, un-professional and un-Sony, the wording is inarticulate and inexact, the specs are incoherent or unavailable etc...

Stop sitting on the fence and say how you feel.:messenger_grinning_smiling:

mckmas8808

The X may not exactly be next-gen, but it's certainly doing a good job at the moment. If there were no mid-gen consoles then I'd be tearing my hair out
awaiting the PS5 and Xbox-whatever-it's-called-this-time-around.

May not be leaving base consoles in the dust, but for me it's a good void to fill until we get a new generation. Not the traditional one, but new and fresh ideas.

My only concern is that because we've had these mid-gen refreshes is that the likes of PS5 won't seem so powerful.

I love my PS4 Pro for the same reasons. When you see what next-gen can do, you'll start questioning why your Xbox One X was even created in the first place.

Von Hugh

I love my PS4 Pro for the same reasons. When you see what next-gen can do, you'll start questioning why your Xbox One X was even created in the first place.

... Or then you start questioning why PS5/Xbox Next was even created in the first place when you see what Xbox One X can do. 😉

thelastword

Banned
if navi is ps5 exclusive since sony is funding it. its possible nexbox might go with an intel cpu+gpu
I don't think Intel will have a GPU in 2020 to compete with AMD or Nvidia on the high end, but a Mid-Tier GPU? Certainly....Will that be enough for MS? is definitely the question to ask....Will Intel be able to wrought all of this out with a low power draw "at say" 7nm? I mean they're struggling with 10nm as it is.....

Who knows though, maybe intel is just playing coy for now and trying to deceive us, they just opened a huge graphcis and research facility in India with over 1500 employees, So it seems Raja Koduri got all the backing and people he wanted now as opposed to when he was developing Vega, so Intel may be going the mile ;)

In any case, it's good stuff overall, the more suppliers and manufacturers we have in the space, the better. Nvidia has held the monopoly for too long, choice is certainly a good thing, because prices go down and quality goes up.....to remain viable (that is, for all parties).....One thing's for sure, 2020 will be an interesting year indeed.....I'm a bit less defiant over intel as opposed to Nvidia, they have Raja Koduri, (whom I respect) and I'm happy that Intel is onboard in pushing Vulkan and other open source software in the GPU space. Less crippling initiatives like gameworks and it's ilk....

Last edited by a moderator:

mckmas8808

... Or then you start questioning why PS5/Xbox Next was even created in the first place when you see what Xbox One X can do. 😉

LOLOL!!! Nah bruh. It won't ever be that. It's just not possible. Generation leaps are a real thing.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member

Just as Mod of War Mod of War said here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/possible-ps5-leak-info.1467805/page-7#post-253564893 - we cannot vouch for the validity of any information provided by OsirisBlack or their source(s).

As with many leaks of this nature, it's possible OsirisBlack has valid reasons for making everyone wait - making sure their own source(s) are secure and remain anonymous being chief among them. Nobody on the mod team has heard from OsirisBlack specifically with any new information - we join you all in hoping that they are, in fact, okay.

Dokku

Unfortunately I can't say much but since OsirisBlack isn't coming forward I've chosen to share the leaked info I have received from a credible source. I'm sure many people will doubt me because I'm a relatively new poster and haven't earned a great deal of trust yet (and rightly so).
cernyislord.jpg

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Unfortunately I can't say much but since OsirisBlack isn't coming forward I've chosen to share the leaked info I have received from a credible source. I'm sure many people will doubt me because I'm a relatively new poster and haven't earned a great deal of trust yet (and rightly so).
cernyislord.jpg

I demand 50 TFlops for a $199 price point and they surprise launch it THIS Christmas.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
cernyislord.jpg

"With some cache"

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

TeamGhobad

Banned
Is it still bannable to post fake shit? I hope it is.

cernyislord.jpg

faker than kim k's ass, this is an old fake leak.

Last edited:
Seriously now, I feel like PSVR will still be just an add on to the PS family and not something more. I don't think much will change in that regard, apart from having a better kit (better lenses, resolution, etc).

mckmas8808

Seriously now, I feel like PSVR will still be just an add on to the PS family and not something more. I don't think much will change in that regard, apart from having a better kit (better lenses, resolution, etc).

Absolutely. It's not Sony's way to force something like PSVR into all consoles sold.

welshrat

Really interested to hear more on this, my xbox one X crapped out on me two days before the warranty expired and I received a full refund so I have decided to stick with just the Pro and the switch as I was having to force myself to buy for the X even though in general multi's look better on it. I figure that the PS5 will be soon enough that I wont miss the X. looking forward to hearing from Orisis, really think he is the real deal.

THE:MILKMAN

Just as Mod of War Mod of War said here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/possible-ps5-leak-info.1467805/page-7#post-253564893 - we cannot vouch for the validity of any information provided by OsirisBlack or their source(s).

As with many leaks of this nature, it's possible OsirisBlack has valid reasons for making everyone wait - making sure their own source(s) are secure and remain anonymous being chief among them. Nobody on the mod team has heard from OsirisBlack specifically with any new information - we join you all in hoping that they are, in fact, okay.

Sorry my post was more an enquiry into whether you or any other mod had any contact with Osiris since he said he would post after work? I read Mod of War's post and fully appreciate Osiris is in no way verified.

TeamGhobad

Banned
AMD Ryzen cpu custom configuration 3.20 , 7nm Navi gpu 2.1 18gddr5 Is what I heard a while ago. As far as the public announcement It will be soon. I sent this info to a mod a while ago I couldn’t post until something else leaked first. I’ll post everything now that something semi accurate is out there.

GDDR5!? wtf

ptuck874

shit as long as i can play a game of blops4 without the damn thing crashing every once and a while ill be happy lol, still rocking og 1st year, but added the 2tb hd, im ready lol

Dokku

Rather than midgen refreshes and incremental upgrades, why not something akin to sli/crossfire/nvlink? Imagine 2 ps5's connected via a high-speed link, the master ps5 runs at full capacity while the slave runs just the apu and memory adjusting the clocks on the fly as needed. At most you'd probably be drawing less than 500w from the wall which is about as much as any normal gaming pc.

Noctis114

Neo Member
11 - 14 TFLOPS sounds like a realistic amount of GPU power available to the PS5 if it release at around Q4 2020.

7nm would be massed produced and easily available by then.

bitbydeath

11 - 14 TFLOPS sounds like a realistic amount of GPU power available to the PS5 if it release at around Q4 2020.

7nm would be massed produced and easily available by then.

Mass production starts next year and those specs are what we can expect for the GPU's releasing in 2019.
It would be cheaper in 2020 though if they'd rather wait for a price decrease.

Duallusion

cernyislord.jpg

thinking-face_1f914.png

... are we sure about full backwards compatibility tho'? Makes me kindda doubt the whole thing. :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom