• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

davidnic

Hi Guys, what do you reckon about me getting this as a tattoo it has a story behind it if you want to hear it??

MFA5A.jpg

^ if that's the image you REALLLY want on you forever? Think about it. A LOT.

IMO, we need to stop trying to justify our tattoos with stories and meanings. Be inspired by the things you experience but don't stress over creating some direct correlation. Let the beauty of the art be the justification. :)

Rehynn

^ if that's the image you REALLLY want on you forever? Think about it. A LOT.

IMO, we need to stop trying to justify our tattoos with stories and meanings. Be inspired by the things you experience but don't stress over creating some direct correlation. Let the beauty of the art be the justification. :)

Nah, I need my ink to have something I can relate to beyond aesthetics. That's why it takes so long for me to make up my mind about what tattoo to get:-/

Not sure if you still post here since this post is way old but do you have any more pics of this one? It is incredibly badass. Figured I'd try since this thread got bumped.

Thanks, man! I'll take some better photos of it this weekend and post them in the thread. It's had to believe it's been over a year and half since it was completed. I'm dying to have the forearm sleeve done but real life keeps making it hard for me to set aside the money and time to get it done. Maybe in 2013.

Finally had my last session for my half-sleeve today. Here's a better photo of what it looked like with just an outline:

5728336884_ff8b915fb9_b.jpg

And here it is today after the last session (and still bleeding!):

5727784945_13d04d29cf_b.jpg

Anyone in Chicago, I highly highly recommend you check out Deluxe Tattoo, especially Jason Vaughn. The dude is craaaaaazy talented.

Seconded. Miles Maniaci from Deluxe did my Krypton exploding tatt. The whole shop is heads above most.

Stet

Banned
Finally got my piece finished. Just some touch up work now, I think, but we'll have to see once it's fully healed.

jCpCOyp7TV3Rk.png

Friggz

I have my wifes name on my crotch. Got it 3 months after meeting her, i remember the guy doing the work, asking me 100 times if i was sure i wanted to get this done.

Ravager61

I really want to get a simple ouroboros tattoo on my inner left bicep. Something like this:

H5Symbol_Ouroboros.jpg

I just need to not think about it so much and do it.

Zekes!

This thread is making me fiend hard to go get more ink.

I want to get (an edited version of) this on my left forearm:

but I kind of want to get a few more smaller tattoos on my right forearm to finish covering it up

Nyphestus

Neo Member
Started this new sleeve today. Looking at 2 or 3 full day sessions most likely. Further designs include a platypus playing a banjo, a fox who is digitizing and on fire, Tasmanian devil with a hatchet and Indian headdress, and a hawk. Plus a bunch of forestry background stuff.

ce7765182f9211e2b3af22000a1fb856_7.jpg

33191ff82f9211e292a722000a1f97f4_7.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Who's the artist? Those are absolutely lovely and the exact style I've been looking for for my next tattoo!

Nyphestus

Neo Member
Artist is a guy named Johnny Andres. He works at Division Tattoo in Madison Heights, Michigan. His site is weregild.com. His favorite style is new school and he is pretty good with giving discounts on cool ideas.

srenity

Neo Member
Greetings tattoo-GAF! Long time lurker first time poster.

I recently got a pixellated heart tattoo and I really LOVE IT. I didn't even realize the 'dead pixel' on the 3 until I was looking at the picture when I got home. I told my friends about this and they told me I should keep it as is because the imperfection gives it more of a 8-bit quality. I'm not OCD or anything so it doesn't bother me TOO much. What do you guys think?

And since this is a tattoo thread, here are my others. Nothing special:

Thanks for the opinions in advance!

android

Theoretical Magician
How do tattoo artists charge? By time, intricacy etc? Also, do you pay more for colour?

Usually by the hr... some will give you a set price on something big. Colour, detail etc (more detail does take longer).. doesnt really matter.. how ever long it takes is what you are charged. Up here (Vancouver) going rate is about 150 an hr. Something that big though... paying more is worth it. Pick the best artist and pay what his/her rate is regardless.. it's there for the rest of your life. Completely worth it to pay more than finding the best deal. Best deal usually equals lesser quality. Where are you located?

Usually by the hr... some will give you a set price on something big. Colour, detail etc (more detail does take longer).. doesnt really matter.. how ever long it takes is what you are charged. Up here (Vancouver) going rate is about 150 an hr. Something that big though... paying more is worth it. Pick the best artist and pay what his/her rate is regardless.. it's there for the rest of your life. Completely worth it to pay more than finding the best deal. Best deal usually equals lesser quality. Where are you located?

Cheers, I live in Englandshire. I don't think I'd ever get a large tattoo, my tastes change far too often for me to trust myself :D

I recently got a pixellated heart tattoo and I really LOVE IT. I didn't even realize the 'dead pixel' on the 3 until I was looking at the picture when I got home. I told my friends about this and they told me I should keep it as is because the imperfection gives it more of a 8-bit quality. I'm not OCD or anything so it doesn't bother me TOO much. What do you guys think?

I love the pixellated heart one. It's simple and I would ask out any girl I saw IRL rocking one of those.

I have some severe OCD shit going on and the "dead pixel" would make me love the tattoo all the more if it were me. It doesn't look like a design error and it doesn't break the vision of what I'm assuming you were going for in the first place. Like you said, it gives the tat more character and charm.

What's the significance of your roman numeral one though? 8: 4-7?

Presumably a Bible chapter:verse reference. 13:4-7. In 1 Corinthians it's a quote about love (Google tells me so).

Love Stet's octopus, srenity's pixel heart, and Brianemone's arcade button.

srenity

Neo Member
Presumably a Bible chapter:verse reference. 13:4-7. In 1 Corinthians it's a quote about love (Google tells me so).

Love Stet's octopus, srenity's pixel heart, and Brianemone's arcade button.

Correct!

And thanks everyone for your input, I guess I won't be needing a touch-up after all!
+1 for Stet's octopus

I have always loved looking tattoos but my tastes change far too often and I know I would end up disliking whatever I got eventually. It's a shame, the idea of printing permanent art on the body is really cool

Drain You

I had gotten the quote done a few years earlier and added the stylistic bone structure much later. Going back next month to continue down the rest of my chest. If anyone is in the CT area I highly recommend FTS Gallery in Stratford. Amazing work and very fun people.

4hwBQ.jpg

I had gotten the quote done a few years earlier and added the stylistic bone structure much later. Going back next month to continue down the rest of my chest. If anyone is in the CT area I highly recommend FTS Gallery in Stratford. Amazing work and very fun people.

4hwBQ.jpg

"Death Makes Angels Of Us All"

What personal significance does that phrase hold to you? It's vague enough to be open to interpretation, but I've recently been interested in WHY people get the tattoos that they do

And I really like the artwork surrounding it

Heart is cute!

Don't go back to whoever did your flowers.

Android.. chest piece is incredible.

Drain You

"Death Makes Angels Of Us All"

What personal significance does that phrase hold to you? It's vague enough to be open to interpretation, but I've recently been interested in WHY people get the tattoos that they do

And I really like the artwork surrounding it

Ugh I typed out a complete explanation and as soon as I hit submit it told me I needed to sign in.

First off thank you,

It being vague is part of the reason I got it and I get two different interpretations out of it. The first being that I like to believe after death there is something to look forward to. Weather it be heaven/afterlife/or simply just and end to the suffering one was going through during life. My other interpretation is a bit more cynical. My best friend had passed away my Freshman year of college and at his funeral/wake it sickened me to see the people who were never anything but terrible to him talking about him like he was an angel. These people never had anything good to say about him during life so why start now. I've come to notice this at many of the funerals I've been to. When you die people make you out to be an angel. Therefore Death Makes Angels of Us All.

I hope that all my sense, my brain is a little fried right now hahah.

Getting my first tattoo on my birthday GAF. I'm also contemplating getting dates under all my scars from medical operations, that's a lot of ink though
KuGsj.gif

TheExodu5

Banned

I'm not much on tattoos, but that really looks great.

Leunam

Never got a chance to share this:

I went on vacation to NYC back in August and my friend convinced me to do this while I was there. I had been thinking about getting this for a while and it was a good chance to do so. This is immediately after it was finished. Took about 45 minutes beginning to end and it was a great experience.

The obvious problem here is that because it's on my arm it can be a little hard to make it look perfectly rounded at times. The stencil looked perfect but on skin it's going to move around a little. Very happy with it regardless. I may get the black line widened some day.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Very nice, welcome to the world of tattoos. Yes, you will be getting many more.

Speaking of which, I think it's time to get another. I haven't gotten one in almost 2 years, and I feel like I need to balance out the one on the left side of my chest with something on the other side. I just have no clue what to get.

Top Bottom