• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

theytookourjobz

Not sure if it's even possible but I want this to be my next tattoo.

fZHMizo.jpg

Both are clickable:

It's actually black/grey, but it looks a tiny bit red here since it had just been finished. I de-saturated the photo a bit, which is (partly) why my skin looks so pale! I plan on eventually finishing the upper part of that arm with designs/creatures along the same lines.

Badass dude, looks really cool.

dalin80

Banned
So have been thinking for a long time about my first tat, I most want a black silhouette of tree losing its leaves on my back and shoulder but struggling to come up with the final image so in the meantime-

126025000_640_zpsfd38eba9.jpg

On my ankle, just the undertaker on his bike and the birds, maybe the signpost and a faint sliver of road. So a couple of inches high and 4 or so wide, thoughts?

Oh image is from this AWESOME vid-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkDrIacHJM

andycapps

So have been thinking for a long time about my first tat, I most want a black silhouette of tree losing its leaves on my back and shoulder but struggling to come up with the final image so in the meantime-

On my ankle, just the undertaker on his bike and the birds, maybe the signpost and a faint sliver of road. So a couple of inches high and 4 or so wide, thoughts?

Oh image is from this AWESOME vid-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkDrIacHJM

I'm not sure you'll be able to get the level of detail you want in a small piece like that. You could try printing it out at that size and then imagining an artist toning it down a bit to make it work as a tattoo.

dalin80

Banned
Iam definitely concerned about the details but it is the style and theme of the image which I like, spoke to one artist who said 'maybe, it will depend on your skin in how it keeps the detail and we wont know until we start.'

So lots of uhming and arring at the moment.

Simpler then I would like or a larger tat then I was thinking...

andycapps

Iam definitely concerned about the details but it is the style and theme of the image which I like, spoke to one artist who said 'maybe, it will depend on your skin in how it keeps the detail and we wont know until we start.'

So lots of uhming and arring at the moment.

Simpler then I would like or a larger tat then I was thinking...

Is it possible to make it a little bigger piece and do it on your thigh or something? Sounds like I may be right given your artist said something similar, the level of detail you want in that piece may not be possible at that size.

chiQ

It would need to be substantially larger to work. Not only do you have to consider the scale of detail, but aging. As tattoos age they soften and lines become...antialiased. Too much so with this sort of work, which depends on detailed line work. The beauty of the piece is the wonderful detailing at the outline, so this is a major problem. I'd advise against this piece at the scale you are considering, or even slightly bigger.

I got this tiger in 2009. I love it, even though I always forget I have it.

6AKHz0V.jpg

pbKG0oq.jpg

Can't really see myself getting anything else at the moment.

Might as well throw a couple of buckets of paint on yourself.

Don't do it.

I think it would take quite the tattooist to pull that off, but I think it could look good, although I would probably go with GeoWars 2 as an inspiration. The detail would have to be taken down a few notches. The main problem I would think is trying to get that sort of brightness or "neon effect". Also I think the grid could be hard to make look right.

Currently in the process of having bad tattoos removed (bad idea when I was 18, luckily only on shoulders and back, so easily covered) but some of the tattoos in here are really well done. I put no thought into mine but you can tell a lot of those in this thread have put a lot of time and thought into their designs, which I now know is crucial.

Kingles

Neo Member
544617_498927426836205_1678980472_n.jpg

399618_10151717746671515_1456873725_n.jpg

Some great tatts in here :). Bottom and top half of my sleeve. Wish to get it coloured in one day just hard to come by the money.

The art in that is awesome but dude... dinosaurs got feathers now.

Psh. Feathers, smeathers. The dinosaurs of my childhood (which these represent) rocked the pure reptile look. Plus they look better, scientific accuracies be damned.

If it makes you feel better though, the rest of the piece is going to be about dinosaurs evolving into birds, so I'm only selectively ignoring science.

ngower

This is my most recent, got about two months ago. Pic was taken right after I got it. It's a take on the classic Sailor Jerry pin-up girl, but obviously a guy. Because I'm gay and awesome and clever.

Very nice. Is that a recent picture? Colour has held up beautifully.

Both were the same day, Now that you mention it, because it's on my hack I have no idea how it's currently looking. I'll have someone take me a picture later.

Maybe is time for a retouch.

Edit:
ecivgXc.jpg

The Flash kill it it a little, but the Tattoo has remained identical. I'm very surprised.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Psh. Feathers, smeathers. The dinosaurs of my childhood (which these represent) rocked the pure reptile look. Plus they look better, scientific accuracies be damned.

If it makes you feel better though, the rest of the piece is going to be about dinosaurs evolving into birds, so I'm only selectively ignoring science.

hehe, a traditionalist eh?? I love the idea of them turning into birds though, that will look great. Good luck!

Iph

Banned
Started work on my sleeve last night

120252EE-51F0-47D3-8764-0FF495835B61-270-00000089C81B61DC_zps223c082f.jpg

Sandman ftw!

I want to finish this with a half sleeve in the same general style, but with a couple bells tied up with a ribbon along with roses (or other flowers). My tattoo days are on hiatus at the moment though.

WP_000743_zpse6fa4ed5.jpg

awesome tattoo

Amazing. This will be fucking amazing once complete.

DinoGAF LIVES! Amazing art. Who did it?

Sorry for my late response, I found the dinosaurs during a random search through deviant art. One of the users had drawn an amazing pencil sketch of the T-Rex/Triceratops fight. I took that to an artist here in town and he added custom shading and freehanded the background elements. I had my second session this past Saturday. I'll post an update once it heals up.

Clone Outcast

Neo Member
Wrists: One Ring Inscription
Forearms: Squares the size of Rubik's cubes
Collarbone: Star Wars emblems (Jedi, Sith, Mandalorians, Empire, Rebellion)

IMG_0073_zpse024ff51.jpg

Dom Brunt

New one today, lots of texture to go...

WPu6oupl.jpg

owwwwwww.

Nice. Gotta ask though, how much did that hurt? I know you have more tattoos elsewhere so you can compare what's hurt the most lol. I've been playing with the idea of getting something in the same place and partly on my stomach to hide some ugly ass surgery scars but not for a long time yet and not if I can forget about the scars after they've become less red. Anyway I'd be too much of a chicken to get anything that big there :D Also I'm ticklish there so I can imagine twitching and jumping during the tattooing and punching the artist in the head as a reflex. Back tattoos were easy.

Watevaman

I've always wanted to get at least one tattoo. Right now it's just a matter of time (wanna finish school first) and money (I've heard tattoos, especially color, can get pricey). What I'm looking at getting in the future is a mix of the German Coat of Arms and my family's Coat of Arms somehow together. I want to get this on one side of my chest to leave room for my mother's family heritage on the other side if I ever come up with an idea for doing that.

Top Bottom