• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre download Xbox One X patches and copy games and apps across your network

Does this enable pre-download of all patches, or just specifically the 4K patches of games that are already registered on your account? I'd love to be able to pre-download patches so they'd be ready to go the moment I get a new game.

EvB

Does this enable pre-download of all patches, or just specifically the 4K patches of games that are already registered on your account? I'd love to be able to pre-download patches so they'd be ready to go the moment I get a new game.

Just 4K assets

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
5a6cPXk.png

From the Gamescom show

Network Transfer is a megaton. Will save a ton of bandwidth.

This is truly a megaton for me.
I was super worried about all my games being unplayable when the X1 drops and id have to wait for a bunch of updates(i have slow internet).
But if i can predownload a bunch of them now then im fucking sorted.

Why do you need to back up your settings? i would think the settings would just roam with your profile.

Your profile doesnt tell your Xbox what power mode it should be in.
Also doesnt tell the Xbox what to start up first Disc/TV/Dashboard.
Im pretty sure the profile also doesnt tell the console what language to use or region to be in.(assuming account is from one region Xbox is from another)

Its not a ton of work to resetup an Xbox but maybe you dont want to even wait for the welcome to Xbox page nonsense, you already know how to use an Xbox and you want it ready to game literally as soon as you turn it on.

Then the Settings,Profile and 4K patches being installed already will have you in game much much quicker than trying to manually do it day 1.

Top Bottom