• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prepare yourselves, Steam Summer Sale is coming (19 June to 30 June)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Good, I always though July time was a bit late for the sales, this pleases me.
Plus my exam is on the 18th (unless I flunk it, then I have to do another one early july), so this is perfect for me.

fijim

Banned
What does "wait for the daily deals" mean ?

It means don't buy anything that is on sale until it is part of the daily deals. The daily deals & flash sales are the biggest discounts.

If you never see it on a daily deal, then you can just buy it on the very last day of the sale because you know it won't go any lower.

For example, lets say all Ubisoft games are 15% off for the entire steam sale, you might be tempted to buy Assassins Creed IV, but you are better off waiting to see if the game is part of the daily deal because then it may be 50%-75% off or something.

Wilsongt

Steam-Sale.jpg

Until the 30th? Wow.

I really feel for Larian. I'm sure releasing right after almost 2 weeks of Steam sales sucks :(

Makes more sense why they delayed it then too. You really don't want to launch during the sale either. Probably should have pushed Original Sin even further.

lol This sale starts the exact day I fly and ends the day after I fly back, I'm going to almost miss it all during my vacation.

I guess I should be counting my blessings, or I could use the phone app and hound it.

SugarDave

Since the Winter Sale I've accumulated over 200 games on Steam... and I'm not even close to building my PC. This will be my first Summer Sale so let's see how this pans out for my wallet.

GAF should be fun and I'm curious to see what Valve has planned for their "Buy more things to get stuff" game, but I may have been horribly irresponsible and bought everything I wanted this year at release.

b0bbyJ03

so how do these work? does everything go on sale for that time period or do they have different items for different days go on sale? there are a few games i've been waiting to get on the cheap.

abracadaver

It means don't buy anything that is on sale until it is part of the daily deals. The daily deals & flash sales are the biggest discounts.

If you never see it on a daily deal, then you can just buy it on the very last day of the sale because you know it won't go any lower.

For example, lets say all Ubisoft games are 15% off for the entire steam sale, you might be tempted to buy Assassins Creed IV, but you are better off waiting to see if the game is part of the daily deal because then it may be 50%-75% off or something.

That makes sense. Thanks

How long are flash sales active ? How often do I have to check steam to not miss anything ?

Eanan

I WANT DAY Z WITH 75% OFF!!!

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR

far cry 3 sub €5 would suffice either.

I'm ready! :D

But my wallet is not! :(

Truth is I got mostly what I wanted already. Only a handful of games left to get!

Skipping the newer ones like Watch dogs, Wolfenstien, or Thief since they'll still be expensive.

Tizoc

That makes sense. Thanks

How long are flash sales active ? How often do I have to check steam to not miss anything ?

Flash sales are 8 hours long. So a game will be in a flash sale for 8 hours then removed.
Daily deals tend to last for 48 Hours, and come in 2 'sets'.
Set 1 consists of 8 (for example) games discounted for 48 Hours, after 24 Hours another set of 8 games go on sale, and the pattern repeats daily til the sale ends.

J0dy77

What is everyone hoping for from the sale?

I'd like to see a deeply discounted skyrim DLC sale, SF IV (as long as I can upgrade to ultra), darksiders 2, Spelunky.

Squire

Banned
That timing is weird. Why are they not giving people time to get paid? The 25th to the 4th would've made much more sense.

• AC: Black Flag for a good price.
  • Skyrim DLC heavily discounted (75% hopefully).
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist (at least 50% off).
  • Resident Evil 4 (50% or more off)
  • RollerCoaster Tycoon (any discount probably)
  • The Bureau: XCOM (at least 50%)
  • Divekick (any discount)

That about covers everything I'm actually interested in buying that are due for reasonable discounts.

Mordeccai

Fuckkkkkk I have to work extra the next two weeks to pay off some debt to my room mates. Physically cannot work enough to stock up for the steam sale if it's this early.

DAMN YOU VOLVO!

Mordeccai

That makes sense. Thanks

I think the flash deals update every eight hours, if those will still be around. Dailies last for 48 hours (I believe. Maybe it's 36) So to not miss out on ANY of the deals, you have to check your phone app or the steam client every eight hours.

Luckily, a LOT of the deals repeat. Unluckily, more than a few games only see one flash sale.

The best news is that Amazon will also counter, alongside other sites. I wonder if GMG will have another sale or if their current sale is all they're planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom