• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) PC performance thread

Can we get some screenshots of the graphics settings?

7tg1mly.jpg

xIoJPur.jpg

I'd rather they delay the game by 2 weeks and to release it, and have the internet bitch about the lack of options/shoddy port for the next month

ISee

7700k @ 4.8 GHz
1080@ 2050 MHz
1440p/max settings/ 115-144 fps (144 seems to be the cap).

But there are no dialogues for me (no sound), all other sound effects are presents though.

haveheart

Banned
Graphics settings are now in the OP.

Nope. You can still receive Steam Guard codes while logged out of the app, which is as far as you need to go. Don't confuse changing your password with resetting it.

Thanks, got it!

I only had to log out of the app and still use the Athenticator code when setting a new pw.

Unpacking...

Paragon

Looks like there's no HUD options (objective markers etc). That kinda sucks. I played Dishonored 2 without markers and it was a fantastic experience.
I'm not seeing an option to disable motion blur or adjust the FoV either.
Did they forget to release the day 1 patch or something? The version they were streaming had FoV options.

I'm getting big stutters once or twice a second just walking around the apartment - shown as big spikes on the frametime graph:

Does seem to support 24:10 at least.

Update: This stuttering is nothing like Dishonored 2.
It's a single hitch here and there as the game is presumably loading in assets. Not the framepacing-like issues that Dishonored 2 had.
See here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=235713526#post235713526

Update 2: It appears to be the latest NVIDIA driver (382.05) which is causing this. Rolling back to 381.89 removes nearly all the stuttering.

Sevenfold

OK super early impressions using 378.49 driver and just the apartment caveats.

Whacked it all up to max and 1440p and it's smooth as a Lexus.
Not using any external framerate limiters.
Mouse control feels great with Vsync on and 60fps.

No sound issues

Did they forget to release the day 1 patch or something? The version they were streaming had FoV options.

I'm getting big stutters once or twice a second just walking around the apartment - shown as big spikes on the frametime graph:

Uh ohh.....

SomTervo

FoV is coming further down the line. Confirmed.

Stutters don't sound great but i can easily live with it, like i did with Dishonored 2

Does seem to support 24:10 at least.

What overlay is that with the frame time graph?

Truant

Ran around the apartment area for a bit. Game runs flawlessly at 60fps @ 16.6ms frametimes (or whatever the smooth one is).

MAXIMUM SETTINGS @ 1080p

1070 / 16 GB / 6700k

Gonna try some DSR @ 144p now.

Edit: Voices play just fine, no visual artifacts either.

Edit 2: KB + M controls seem good, but that's to be expected from a CryEngine title.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Happens if I put SSDO and SSR on full res apparently.

Ah. Could be some sort of driver bug if you're not running one of the cards mentioned thus far. The only other potential solutions that come to mind at the moment are to try reinstalling the current drivers or, if that doesn't work, rolling back to a previous set.

Mifec

Ah. Could be some sort of driver bug if you're not running one of the cards mentioned thus far. The only other potential solutions that come to mind at the moment are to try reinstalling the current drivers or rolling back to a previous set.

I've got a 1080 so it's just weird. I'll try DDU and a fresh install and if that doesn't work then idk just gonna keep them at half res.

edit: Apparently changing SSR did it, when I restarted the game with it on full res it works fine now.

Tovarisc

From log file generated by the game.

Stream Engine Initialization
GameName: Prey
BuildTime: May 1 2017 11:29:57
Physics initialization
Opening pak file localization\english_xml.pak
Localized language content(english) not available or modified from the original installation.
Attempting to fall back to english
Couldn't fall back to english
Opening pak file localization\english_anim.pak
Localized language content(english) not available or modified from the original installation.
Attempting to fall back to english
Couldn't fall back to english

Those files are where they are supposed to be, but game is unable to load them => no NPC dialogue or interaction.

Edit: Or maybe they forgot to include dialogue audio files in preload?

Edit: From other file.

-- Game
g_manualFrameStepFrequency = 30
g_blockAutoSaveWindow = 120
g_transcribeAutosaveFrequency = 7
p_FlashMapFog = 1

Well, this is mostly heartening. 1080 and 6700K @ stock here, so it sounds like 1440p at well over 60 should be manageable. maybe even sneak in some additional DSR.

Glad to hear my 36 bucks yesterday won't go to waste.

Assuming the game itself isn't bad =) I'm excited!

epmode

I'd love some impressions from people that recognize the awful judder/stuttering in Dishonored 2. Bonus points if you're using G-Sync.

Looks like there's no HUD options (objective markers etc). That kinda sucks. I played Dishonored 2 without markers and it was a fantastic experience.

Terrible and baffling decision in a game that's extremely heavy on exploration, hopefully this gets patched in. What the fuck, seriously lol.

Durante

If the voices are really simply not there because the data file is missing then
  • it will be trivial to fix
  • it certainly has nothing to do with your GPU driver

GavinUK86

17.5gb is way too small considering the consoles are 38gb and 42gb.

If the voices are really simply not there because the data file is missing then
  • it will be trivial to fix
  • it certainly has nothing to do with your GPU driver

Exactly.

haveheart

Banned
Try the unlock method in the second post but no luck. Steams says it's pre load only.

I used the F-Secure Freedome and it worked. Did you change the pw and restarted steam after connecting to the VPN?

Does this mean we shouldn't even bother playing the game because it's incomplete? wtf...

Truant

People with audio issues, are you on Steam Offline mode?

If so, I'd try to disable VPN, start steam in Online mode and let it "reset". Do a cache check, then restart steam using your VPN and let it do its magic.

That's effectively what happened to me after my VPN borked out, and I have voices.

Top Bottom