• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Teaser Trailer [Powered by Fox Engine]

Mandatory:

kb3arremud3.jpg

monkey666

Banned
I tried the Fifa demo and the gameplay just doesn't feel nearly as solid to me. I get that they have more licenses and all that, but frankly I don't care about having all the real players. Number 1 priority for me is the gameplay and PES still feels much better to me. I look forward to see what they improve.

Haven't bought a PES title since the abomination that was PES2008.

Hopefully this one marks a return to form as EA are doing their best to turn me off to FIFA.

PaulLFC

ISS and PES titles up to PES6 were phenomenal. Then things started going downhill. Didn't really pick up again until last year, 2013 was a step in the right direction (although you might say improving on the previous games wasn't difficult...)

Since they're starting again with a new engine though, who knows how this could turn out. I hope it's good, I want competition in football games again.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I've played countless hours of both FIFA 13 and PES 13 this year.

I still prefer PES. FIFA feels like the hollywood version of football, imo.

Can't wait to see it in colour. If they do good by the PC release I might try it out, I've been really tempted to get into a football game the last couple years after Fifa's return to the top.
Imagine if SONY make a deal with PES...

Would be funny.
They don't need to. Konami's best selling franchise in Europe is PES and Microsoft's footing in mainland Europe... yeah.

Portugeezer

DerZuhälter;60220929 said:
Mandatory:

kb3arremud3.jpg

There was no denial since PES6 - PES2010. Konami dropped the ball, EA capitalised.

After PES 2011 it started getting more enjoyable than FIFA for me again. (PES still sells around 6+ million worldwide I believe)

wapplew

One thing I hate about PES, English commentary is sooooo booooring!
Thats much better at FIFA. Dish Jon Champion already~
Even Japanese commentary feel more passionate.

jett

D-Member
I thought they said the clothes were fully flowing in this game. They don't look very different from the concrete clothes of this gen.

rvy

Banned
I'm hyped, looks glorious. Definitely has much better animation than FIFA already. Can't wait for E3.

Enlil

it's definitly in-game. look at the foot sliding or what ever it is called. I am really shocked by the comments....to me it has allot of old-gen movements. I am not really positive. I thought it would be much smoother. The crowd is the only awesome thing, if it's in-game.

let see what e3 brings.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
MGSV (another title using Fox Engine) trailers look very bad and everything is flat as hell, so I don't think this will be graphically impressive but I hope the physics and gameplay is improvement over PES this gen.

codhand

2013 is awesome, the manager mode is great, and i was surprised to see konami even added additional controls to a game that already had a lot, i mean there's like four diff types of crosses alone

combine that with a game that still sports superior physics and animation and you have the king, no need for denial or rage...fifa just has the licenses nothing has changed

pc not getting the new EA engine is just sad, what have they been doing with all the savings from firings?

MGSV (another title using Fox Engine) trailers look very bad and everything is flat as hell, so I don't think this will be graphically impressive but I hope the physics and gameplay is improvement over PES this gen.
Is there an AAA console game that looks great to you?

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
To be honest, I'm not that anxious about new fancy graphics, since most of the time I'm going to be playing either the Wide or Blimp camera, and the details don't really show in those cameras anyway. It'll be good for the replays though, and the "cutscenes" midgame.

Good lighting is great to create an atmosphere though. But I believe sound and animation are what's the most important upgrade for PES outside of the gameplay.

OryoN

FOX Engine is one elegant beast! Since the official full unveiling, it has been my personal most impressive of all the "next-gen" engines. It also appears like it's going to push current consoles harder than any other.

More than anything, E3 will be one intense clash of next-gen engines. Can't wait!

Top Bottom