• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva is Now Available on Steam!

duckroll

http://store.steampowered.com/news/23566/

Professor Layton, true English gentleman and the world’s greatest amateur super sleuth, embarks on his most daring adventure yet when he receives a letter from his old student, the famous opera diva Janice Quatlane. She is to perform at the legendary Crown Petone Opera House and invites him to attend as her special guest. Meanwhile, a spate of disappearances hits London. Two young school girls are the latest victims, and the Professor suspects it’s related to the mysterious occurrences at the theatre. The Professor and his loyal assistant Luke travel to the Opera House to solve their toughest puzzle yet, the mystery of Eternal Life!

capsule_467x181.jpg

Only $3.99!

georly

Loved the movie. Doubt this is a sign the games are coming to steam, though.

I haven't seen it since it first came out, though i'm not sure i'd buy a movie on steam.

Anyone have experience with steam movies? how are they?

You got me Duckroll. And here I was thinking a Layton game got stealth released on Steam.

And thank god it wasn't. My money's on lockdown until Mankind Divided comes out. I don't need any surprise ports siphoning that money.

ChrisD

dat mod power

Half Life, 3 new screenshots immunity

I remember the movie being pretty good, haven't watched it in years though.

Nyoro SF

Nice movie, would recommend.

...on a different note, if the Layton games came to Steam I'd buy all of them again, no question.

Miker

I like the part where Layton pilots his cute little aeroplane against the giant spider-mech powered by organ pipes.

El Odio

Banned
Watched it earlier this year and thought it was pretty good. One of the few, if only, good game to movie adaptions.

DJ_Lae

Damn, I got all excited at the $4 part until I realized that's just for the rental.

$10.99CDN to buy.

Zubz

Banned
I guess I finally have a contribution for that "3rd Parties that belong on a system" thread, because it genuinely felt weird reading the thread title and thinking about a mainline Layton on a non-(3)DS platform.

That said, I've never seen The Eternal Diva, so I'm considering getting some friends together and renting this.

You got me Duckroll. And here I was thinking a Layton game got stealth released on Steam.

And thank god it wasn't. My money's on lockdown until Mankind Divided comes out. I don't need any surprise ports siphoning that money.
There are some imitators on steam. Such as May's Mysteries (I remember this selling well on the DS...if that can get a PC port...). Let's hear how great it is:
excerpt from a Steam review said:
Cheap Professor Layton clone. (areas feel the same, score is similar; few note changes; puzzles feel the same; you can tell which ones aren't ripped from Professor Layton because they're the ones that are boring/easy)
If you have played the Professor Layton games and you enjoy them, then I would advise that you don't buy this.
The puzzles are easy, and the game shows little innovation or changes to the game that it tries to immitate.
Welp.

Nzyme32

Disappointed, mostly because I've been interested in playing the games for a while but have no interest in watching any of the movies right now. My natural inclination is always to associate Steam with games. Guess that will have to change :p

Vitacat

Oh man... for a moment there I thought we were getting a brand new Layton game on PC.

Prefer them on handheld anyway.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/23566/

Professor Layton, true English gentleman and the world’s greatest amateur super sleuth, embarks on his most daring adventure yet when he receives a letter from his old student, the famous opera diva Janice Quatlane. She is to perform at the legendary Crown Petone Opera House and invites him to attend as her special guest. Meanwhile, a spate of disappearances hits London. Two young school girls are the latest victims, and the Professor suspects it’s related to the mysterious occurrences at the theatre. The Professor and his loyal assistant Luke travel to the Opera House to solve their toughest puzzle yet, the mystery of Eternal Life!

capsule_467x181.jpg

Only $3.99!

Son of a bitch i fell for it, even though its all my own fault.

The Duckroll mind games.

Dawg

this thread is a classic example of mod power abuse and i am simply disgusted by duckroll's attempt to misguide people who did not know this particular layton title was a movie

it is shameful behaviour and trying to pretend this thread is anything but a ruse simply because there is no wordplay in the op... well... i don't even have words for that weak excuse

plenty of people don't know all layton titles without looking them up, some of us have actual jobs in the real world and do not have the time to browse the internet 24/7

therefore i am writing a formal complaint to mister tyler malka, the admin of this website

enough is enough

If you'd use your brain you'd realize that
1. There isn't a game called Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva
2. They didn't announce a game called Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva

Duckroll didn't troll. Unless you think reporting the news is trolling. In that case it's your own fault.

Kadin

Would have fallen for it had I not already seen this in the Steam community thread. Got incredibly excited when I saw it mentioned there and then reality hit. And then I was sad.

Top Bottom