• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva is Now Available on Steam!

Ibuki

Banned
If you'd use your brain you'd realize that
1. There isn't a game called Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva
2. They didn't announce a game called Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva

Duckroll didn't troll. Unless you think reporting the news is trolling. In that case it's your own fault.

If we aren't die hard fans how would we know either of those things just from reading the title?

Tagyhag

Welp, chalk me up as one of those who thought this was a game. Not sure if the movie is worth watching if you never played the games though.

Duckroll didn't troll. Unless you think reporting the news is trolling. In that case it's your own fault.

There's 8 Professor Layton games, is it really that crazy to assume one could be called Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva?

What's more believable, that a game came out on Steam, or a movie?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not available in UK

Gettins sick of this shit, half of Steam's movies aren't available here! >_<

That's because they're Lionsgate movies and it has thus far dug only into its US catalogue, some titles of which it also happens to distribute in the UK.

I was hoping Brooklyn would pop up on Steam UK/IE coincident with its release on Netflix UK/IE, but alas fate decreed otherwise.

Nzyme32

Not available in UK

Gettins sick of this shit, half of Steam's movies aren't available here! >_<

There was some word that Lionsgate would expand their collection more globally over time when this Steam deal started, but even they haven't done that. If they get rid of region blocks (despite what issues surround that) and get functionality for these purchases to be "portable" / usable with other devices / streamed easily etc, only then would these even be considerable, and even then the prices need to get better. Same shit with the vast majority of movie / tv digital distribution

-shadow-

I love the series and am still hoping that all the cutscenes of the other games get released in HD some day (if it hasn't happened already). That'd be great!

bobawesome

It's possible some people are casual fans and don't keep up with the series as strongly as you? Hop off the mod dick.

Gvitor

This movie is actually really good. One day I'll buy the special edition UK got even with its region-lock.

EDIT: Damn, apparently this digital version is also region locked.

Shiggy

The movie is considered good on here? Despite loving the original Layton trikogy, and despite the rather stupid turning points in Layton 2 and 3, I stand with the critics on this movie. The story and entire movie were average at best. It's not too surprising that no second Layton came to fruition.

Anyway, the entire movie is available for free on YouTube (in 1080p).

Saw this on Steam and went what the fuck.

Interesting. I've never played a Layton game besides Layton Brothers on mobile, which I loved. Where is a good place to start? This series has so many games. Are they related to each other?

Gvitor

Saw this on Steam and went what the fuck.

Interesting. I've never played a Layton game besides Layton Brothers on mobile, which I loved. Where is a good place to start? This series has so many games. Are they related to each other?

Layton Bros. is completely different from the main series.

The best games to start imo is Curious Village. It's the 1st published game, so it lacks some of the quality of life mechanics later games would add, but it's a very nice starting point with a decent self-contained story and, should you want to continue playing the series afterwards, the starting point of the better trilogy. (Followed by Diabolical Box and my personal favorite, Unwound Future)

AgeEighty

Is this movie decent? Does it have the voice actors from the North American or European version of the games (or neither)?

Gvitor

Is this movie decent? Does it have the voice actors from the North American or European version of the games (or neither)?

If memory serves, european. But Layton's voice is the same in both regions. I don't know if this release allows for language changes, since I can't buy it =/

Top Bottom