• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyFive

DefectiveReject said:
Also... Since when have these been Nintendos colours??
246597_119617558122706_119240841493711_172490_4383188_n.jpg

Blue is for Wii, red is for 3DS. Has been like that since forever.

Binabik15

This is the first time ever that I anticipate a Nintendo E3 conference and the first time since the Nintendo 64 (my first gaming machine) that I´m hyped about a Nintendo console (had my brother buy a cube for Wind Waker, but I wasn´t hyped about it).

This year´s conference better be crazy with dual stick touchscreen thingies.

Oxx said:
5pm UK time?

That sucks. I might still be in town at that time.

I wish there were more places that did free wifi. Do I really want to sit in a McDonalds reading tweets?
You're lucky. Most people in the US are in the middle of a workday for this conference...

swerve

Keyser Soze said:
F5 F5 F5 F5

...I am going to be disappointed.

We are *all* going to be disappointed somehow, because we all have different things we care about the most. As always, it'll be sometime around this coming weekend we start to realize how good/bad the next six months is going to be.

First time I've seen that 'flag'

Us Europeans struggle about now. At least the yanks get to sleep through this waiting.
Less than 5 hrs though. I just have a feeling tha not to much stuff is gonna be announced today, as expectations are to high BUT stuff will get announced all week........ I say this due to not only the IGN comments, but Reggies in the Twitter and Facebook videos, about literally stuff being unveiled 'all week'.

The demos will likely be Mario, Mario Kart, Pikmin 3 and some Mii RPG game. I also expect a very mature title, purely as they are going after the hardcore again.

I expect the SSB4, Luigis Mansion, Zelda 4 player, new IPs, and more to be unveiled during the week.

And I lol at the ridiculous Iwata Tweets.
"Miyamoto is changing his script again" lol
Awful acting hear we come!!!

Myriadis

SolarPowered said:
You're lucky. Most people in the US are in the middle of a workday for this conference...
I'll miss ~40 minutes of this conference,since I have a rather long way home from my workplace.:( But I guess that even then,I'll have it better then some of you.

...I am going to be disappointed.
I don't have any exceptations,so I think that I won't be disappointed.:D

Oxx

I'm optimistic that this will be a good day. My Kanye tickets just arrived and I'm about to submit a job application.

Bring on the surprise Fire Emblem DS2 localisation!

Prez

Myriadis said:
I'll miss ~40 minutes of this conference,since I have a rather long way home from my workplace.:( But I guess that even then,I'll have it better then some of you.

I don't think any big news will be announced in the first 40 minutes, if that cheers you up. First half of the conference will be about sales and before they show the Cafe they'll do a 20-minute presentation on the success of the Wii.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stabbie said:
I've been thinking, maybe Rockstar is working on a Mario GTA :O

No way Nintendo ever allows those characters to be related to anything GTA.

giggas

Can't wait. On vacation with my wife, kids and in laws. Told my wife to have a great time going out today because I'm staying in this condo and Nintendoing the shit out of this afternoon. PUMPED.

CassSept

Stabbie said:
I've been thinking, maybe Rockstar is working on a Mario GTA :O
God please no, we've put up with this for the last 10 years or so, it just can't happen, never did, never will.

4.5 hours left. I find it progressively harder and harder to study for my microeconomics final tomorrow. At least I have an excuse of preparing to experience the future of this beautiful example of oligopoly. Sigh.

Prez

giggas said:
Can't wait. On vacation with my wife, kids and in laws. Told my wife to have a great time going out today because I'm staying in this condo and Nintendoing the shit out of this afternoon. PUMPED.

That's pretty sad.

Chao

It's funny how Nintendo started this casual/motion trend on home consoles and now that microsoft and sony are putting all their efforts on this bullshit trying to get a piece of the cake, they seem to be ready to left it behind and lol back at them: "Sorry guys, motion controls are so last gen. The new stuff is X".
Then Sony and Microsoft scratch their heads in confusion and a new cycle begins.

Or maybe I'm wrong and Cafe will be an even more casual system than the Wii, but I doubt it.

WillyFive

Chao said:
It's funny how Nintendo started this casual/motion trend on home consoles and now that microsoft and sony are putting all their efforts on this bullshit trying to get a piece of the cake, they seem to be ready to left it behind and lol back at them: "Sorry guys, motion controls are so last gen. The new stuff is X".
Then Sony and Microsoft scratch their heads in confusion and a new cycle begins.

What if they don't?

Chao

Willy105 said:
What if they don't?
Yeah that's what I though right after I posted it. If the new system is really a wii update i doubt the market will bite again. There's a lot of wiis around the world which are basically a wiisports/wiifit player. They won't buy another console just to get a new sports game and have it collect dust for another 5 years

1-D_FTW

Screw it. If we're not getting leaks by now, I'm going on a gaming blackout till the conference. I've waited this long, I'll be surprised for once.

odhiex

I predict the name would be....

The Nintendo..... (wait for it).... NEW = Next Evolution Wii

*quickly bet =))

giggas

Stabbie said:
That's pretty sad.

Not if you knew what I was dealing with. Trust me. This has been anything but a vacation and me getting some time to myself and enjoying the conference is a good consolation prize as far as I'm concerned. Ha.

What would you rather do, go to some stupid garden for a few hours with a mother in law you can't stand, or watch Nintendo reveal their new system?

CassSept

Monty Mole said:
Isn't there a chance they might not name it until next E3? Wii was still Revolution at E3 2005.
But here we are supposed to learn a lot about the console, don't we? At E3 2005 we saw only how the console looked like, nothing more. We didn't get controller until TGS and no actual games until E3 2006, one year later. I doubt that they won't announce the name this time. It is kind of possible, true, but doubtful...

Chao said:

Or maybe I'm wrong and Cafe will be an even more casual system than the Wii, but I doubt it.

Would this count as casual?

Conventional mini tablet design with a few triggers added and touchscreen feedback, a simple controller for touch/accellerometer controlled Café games with streaming video. Take it anywhere, use as E Reader, photo frame, video chat or to play simple mini games.

For standard controller games it plugs into the centre of a comfy classic style shell to add +pad, face buttons, sticks and analog triggers.

I can't believe I'm missing a once in a generation event because of fucking math. Goddamit no wonder everyone hates that shit!(when it's not making awesome consoles or sending us to space that is).

FOUR MORE HOURS

SolarPowered said:
I can't believe I'm missing a once in a generation event because of fucking math. Goddamit no wonder everyone hates that shit!(when it's not making awesome consoles or sending us to space that is).

FOUR MORE HOURS

Algebraic!
adventure-time-2.jpg

Scum

Unbelievable! Still no leaks?! Damn! I'll be in full swing at work when the conference starts @ 5pm. :-(
But a glimpse of a new Smash Bros. will do me just fine, though.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
whatever nintendo throws out there, i at least have the reassurance that it will be different and interesting, which in and of itself will be a huge relief after the way things have gone thus far with this conference.

CassSept

Scum said:
Unbelievable! Still no leaks?! Damn! I'll be in full swing at work with the conference starts @ 5pm. :-(
A glimpse of a new Smash Bros. will do me just fine.
Do you just fine? I will probably explode into a flurry of child-like joy.
I can't believe it's so close. This is an event that happens only once every 5-6 years. And it's finally here. I simply can't concentrate on anything, CAN'T

dwu8991

Banned
Monty Mole said:
Isn't there a chance they might not name it until next E3? Wii was still Revolution at E3 2005.

Well yes they might wait untill next year.. no rush won't be out untill next year anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom