• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I'm just going to get ready for school because the whole damned thing is killing me here. Oh, and it's Calc 1, Ace. Algebra is an awesome buddy of mine, but fuck Calculus right in the ear for this shit.

Enjoy your conference you glorious bastards!

giggas

Stabbie said:
I guess I can understand that. I was thinking you were having a great vacation and you let your wife and kids go out by themselves, which wouldn't be fun for your wife.

Which garden is it? That could make me understand it even more :p

Ha, no, it has been a trip full of headaches.

Not sure what garden, I'm some place in Myrtle Beach like 10 hours from home. Protip, never take babies for a 10 hour car ride, it is brutal.

Anyway, can't wait for the conference. And then I can't wait for the gifs.

Link Man

Banned
mybuddy.png

dwu8991

Banned
ashbash159 said:
Can anyone tell me what I've missed in terms of Project Café rumours in the last 24 hours?

Nintendo has a new corporate logo resembling France. The Wii brand will make way for a new brand. Nintendo are moving into a new direction but retaining many of the stuff that made the wii so popular. Expect the tone colours used with the 3DS to be incorporated with the new console and branding.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
MrCookiepants said:
Why are people even entertaining the idea of Skyward Sword being another TP situation?

1. SS is built entirely around the Motion Plus. They've been pushing it as a showcase for the tech. From the sounds of this new controller, it was not made to be swung around like a sword.

2. TP got away with a straight port because the Wii is barely more powerful than the GC. Cafe is supposed to be a proper generational leap forward.

Relax!

While MotionPlus makes the game different in a way (and it certainly is interesting to me), it alone isn't a guarantee that the basic gameplay structure, the world, the pacing — in other words, the content of the game is gonna be really different. In fact, from everything I've seen so far, the game bears a striking resemblance to past 3D Zelda games. I hope Nintendo surprises us in a good way, but I'm pessimistic. Oh and of course, the people in charge of the game are still basically the same, starting with Aonuma.

Anyway, this is why there are legitimate reasons to fear a TP situation. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that changing a control scheme alone can make a game good when its content is about much more than that. It helps, but it's not all.

Omnicent

Man today is a good day. Woke up, did my morning jog, ate a good breakfast, got some
programming done, and now my body is ready! 2 hours and 40 minutes to go!

Dystify

Can anyone show a screen with the A button on Far Cry 3? I watched the video again but didn't notice any buttons on-screen.
Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It's true though, it can't be PS3 since that doesn't use letter buttons, and if it was 360 it would eventually be green like on the controller? Welllll, we'll see soon.

Strive said:
Can anyone show a screen with the A button on Far Cry 3? I watched the video again but didn't notice any buttons on-screen.

During the interrogation to loosen the hand bindings...its a white Circle with an A symbol.
Edit here:
bc7ab5751edd3fbf9f73c1f0ac77993e4c30ba69.png

mj1108

I know we can criticize Nintendo for a lot sometimes, but one area where they have proven to be unbeatable here is in keeping a secret. Absolutely amazing at the job that has been done here in regards to Cafe.

Also, I tried to sleep. I think I slept for about an hour and a half and woke back up. Goddammit.

Keyouta

I'd rather be surprised at the game announcements. Microsoft's leaks made their conference really boring for me.

MYE

FUCK THIS SHIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

I think i'm having a last minute meeting today around the time Nintendo's stuff starts. Its only the second meeting i have THIS YEAR.

Last year was the same shit. EXACTLY during Nintendo's 2010 conference.
By Jupiter's cock, i must be cursed!

Woffls

ommgggg this is killing me >_< If Nintendo live up to even half of my expectations then it'll be impressive. Even watching Reggie do those short clips yesterday made me bounce off the walls with joy ^_^

Strive said:

During the interrogation to loosen the hand bindings...its a white Circle with an A symbol.
Edit here:
bc7ab5751edd3fbf9f73c1f0ac77993e4c30ba69.png

edit edit: re-posted for new page.

mj1108

Van Owen said:
C'MON USA TODAY BREAK SOME NEWS

There's been nothing from USA Today -- or anyone else for that matter.

nextgeneration said:
Anyone know how long this conference is scheduled to run?

In the past it's been an hour, but then they've had the Sony conference following them. This year they don't have anyone following them so I wonder if they will go longer than an hour or not.

M.D

mj1108 said:
I know we can criticize Nintendo for a lot sometimes, but one area where they have proven to be unbeatable here is in keeping a secret. Absolutely amazing at the job that has been done here in regards to Cafe.

Also, I tried to sleep. I think I slept for about an hour and a half and woke back up. Goddammit.

Hm.... What?
Didn't we first heard about the Cafe because of a leak?
Don't we already know the major innovation of the system AKA the screen on the system and the ability to stream games to the screen? We even got a pretty solid idea of the specs

Yup, that's a Wiimote A all right.

EmCeeGramr said:
Man.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl was announced five years ago.

I know, it's insane to think about.
There were kids born after SSBB was announced that are starting their first video games.

M.D said:
Hm.... What?
Didn't we first heard about the Cafe because of a leak?
Don't we already know the major innovation of the system AKA the screen on the system and the ability to stream games to the scree? We even got a pretty solid idea of the specs

To be fair, this wasn't because of Nintendo leaking anything. It was because Ubisoft has a big fucking mouth.

NinjaTehFish said:
Edit here:

edit edit: re-posted for new page.
It couldn't be...
tumblr_lfaobriwgz1qek53s.jpg

Seriously though, we've been here before, seeing things where there aren't things. The 360 has an A button whether they decide to show it in green or not on screen - perhaps they decided black on white fitted better with the look of the game.

jackdoe

NinjaTehFish said:
I honestly wouldn't put much stock in it. The other button prompt, "X" to pick up, is standard for 360 games. Unless the Cafe controller has the exact same button placement as a 360 controller, then the footage is from the 360 version (or the PC version using a 360 controller).

Would everybody here be upset if it turned out to be a wii hd with just an updated wii mote , better graphics capabilities , and revamped online system? If the new controller rumors turned out to be false?

majortom1981 said:
Would everybody here be upset if it turned out to be a wii hd with just an updated wii mote , better graphics capabilities , and revamped online system? If the new controller rumors turned out to be false?

Completely depends on what you mean by "better graphics" and "revamped online".
As it is, I love the Wii Remote, so I wouldn't mind a while lot.

DrM said:
Em, are you sure? Everywhere is listed for one hour...

It'll be an hour to an hour and a half. Likely closer to an hour fifteen like last year.

antonz

majortom1981 said:
It would certainly upset Nikkei who have stated the 6inch screen etc as fact

Medalion

Banned
majortom1981 said:
This is nogaf dude, we will find something to bitch about anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom