• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project GAF Inn - $5,000 for a mark in Obsidian's Project Eternity [FUNDED!]

TheCrow

We should just have a raffle for all the extra stuff. This should be about getting money together for the inn/items, not for a copy of the game.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
We should just have a raffle for all the extra stuff. This should be about getting money together for the inn/items, not for a copy of the game.

Yeah, I already pledged to the Kickstarter proper. I'd be happy to throw a bit towards a GAF inn, just for the hell of it.

Also, I'm fine with what I'm getting at the $35. I'd have no problem simply donating a bit to this GAF inn without adding my name to any kind of raffle or drawing.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yeah, I already pledged to the Kickstarter proper. I'd be happy to throw a bit towards a GAF inn, just for the hell of it.

I assume most people do. I was just talking about the feasibility/costs/insurance for mail packages of sending physical goods out all over the world, which could become a pain in the ass for Shagg to organize.

But its definitely the right sentiment to donate for this cause. People donate towards the Inn, the rest happens when it happens.

zkylon

zkylewd
So the consensus should be to go for the tavern, right? People don't tell you your mamma eats dwarf cock in an inn.

Nista

I'd be down for donating to the great GAF inn. I'll just put the extra I was going to pledge originally into this project instead.

inky

Hm, I disagree. We shouldnt make this pledge aimed towards a big pool of games being given out.

I agree. Keep this thread and all donations about the tavern thing, don't even think about the "extras" (make them a gift for the one organizing all the stuff) and you'll have a more successful approach. Heck, make it so that there is a cap so after the goal is reached all further donations are rejected.

My two cents.

I agree. Keep this thread and all donations about the tavern thing, don't even think about the "extras" (make them a gift for the one organizing all the stuff) and you'll have a more successful approach. Heck, make it so that there is a cap so after the goal is reached all further donations are rejected.

My two cents.

I'll definitely leave that for people to decide.

OP Updated/Updating!

wrowa

At first I thought that there's no way that we'll actually be able to get enough people interested, but getting 200 people together who pledge $25 on average actually doesn't sound too outlandish.

Definitely not an easy task, but manageable.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Why not contact Obsidian directly with this idea. We would like to pool our money together to get a town named after our community. If we can raise the 5k, we can give them the money directly, and maybe you can have a 20$ min buy in to it(Or at least 20$ to get a copy). Where they could offer Steam keys for those who put in. Anything donated that succeeds the 5K is just extra to them, with nothing else required. Get rid of the physical crap from the package, etc.

Or something like that. Basically bake them offer! Just a single NeoGaf Community Donation towards the title, rather than trying to go through Kickstart.

Clydefrog

Great OP, shagg!

So it's basically first come first serve for the 5,000 raffle tickets? Once/if you collect more than $5000, what are you going to do with the extra money? The people who donated after $5k will have to know that they will not be receiving a raffle ticket.

Great OP, shagg!

So it's basically first come first serve for the 5,000 raffle tickets? Once/if you collect more than $5000, what are you going to do with the extra money? The people who donated after $5k will have to know that they will not be receiving a raffle ticket.

From what people are suggesting, donations and raffles should stop at $5,000 mark. Anything over $5,000 will be fully refunded to avoid overflow and backlash.

It'll help in keeping the chances of getting an autographed copy and other prizes at 1:5000 per dollar pledged.

Khar

$50 sent.

It'd be nice to have names that fit in the context of the RPG so that it isn't too jarring in the game.

Something like --

Inn name: The Believers Slumber
NPC (bartender): Old Gaffer

But better than the above!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
From what people are suggesting, donations and raffles should stop at $5,000 mark. Anything over $5,000 will be fully refunded to avoid overflow and backlash.

It'll help in keeping the chances of getting an autographed copy and other prizes at 1:5000 per dollar pledged.

You might want to take a bit more money in case you plan on handing out the physical items (and not only game copies). Shipping cost for a package plus insurance cost might cost you more than 60$ to another country.

Otherwise you'd be either stuck on paying the shipping yourself or ask the winner of the item for shipping. I wouldnt be able to pay 50$ in shipping for a cloth map in case I won it for example. And then you'd have a huge mess on your hands about how to readjust winnings and what to give to the winner of the map now.

I know I sound like a cassette recorder, but thats why I said we should all decide on making the other goods to give away ONLY the digital game copies (if possible). Thats a gift everyone can easily accept/gift away and we/Shagg dont/doesnt have the shipping mess on our hands.

Gunsmithx

I can't give too much to this after putting in for the game and other things but this idea is cool enough that I'll at least give a few bucks;

I assume it won't be a problem to pitch in some money now and if I happen to have some extra next week or something(assuming that this isn't met yet) to add in then?

Also, thanks to Shagg for putting this together and already reserving the slot.

You might want to take a bit more money in case you plan on handing out the physical items (and not only game copies). Shipping cost for a package plus insurance cost might cost you more than 60$ to another country.

Otherwise you'd be either stuck on paying the shipping yourself or ask the winner of the item for shipping. I wouldnt be able to pay 50$ in shipping for a cloth map in case I won it for example. And then you'd have a huge mess on your hands about how to readjust winnings and what to give to the winner of the map now.

I know I sound like a cassette recorder, but thats why I said we should all decide on making the other goods to give away ONLY the digital game copies (if possible). Thats a gift everyone can easily accept/gift away and we dont have the shipping mess on our hands.

I won't feel comfortable keeping the physical items but if required, I'll keep $100 on the side for shipping all the items. Always open for that!

Khar

Or get people to put in for what items they want -- I would pass on everything except the hardback for example.

Everyone pays their own shipping. If they don't pay (or don't want to pay) the item gets re-raffled.

Toma

I won't feel comfortable keeping the physical items but if required, I'll keep $100 on the side for shipping all the items. Always open for that!

I know you're a good guy :) But that whole scenario was the reason why I suggested contacting Obsidian about leaving out the physical goods in the first place, only giving you digital items.

Organizing that stuff can get rather annoying and expensive and I didnt think we should burden you with that.

If the other Gaffers disagree with that though, that is fine, too. :)

Edit: Maybe you could just contact them in the coming days, and IF they would allow that we could make a poll for it to decide.

Corto

Done! Thanks Shagg for setting this up. It would be fun to have you update us regularly on the progress of this. Not for checking on you! ;) Just for the hype/excitement of watching us reach the goal or fail miserably.

"+ DESIGN AN EPIC WEAPON"

This pretty much has to be two-handed "Banhammer". :D

Oh GOD! :lol

I know you're a good guy :) But that whole scenario was the reason why I suggested contacting Obsidian about leaving out the physical goods in the first place, only giving you digital items.

Organizing that stuff can get rather annoying and expensive and I didnt think we should burden you with that.

If the other Gaffers disagree with that though, that is fine, too. :)

I understand and agree with your idea. I will wait for this to pick up more Steam so people can finalize. We have a lot of time for that! :D

Corto

You'll need some stretch goals Shagg. hehehehehe

edit: I didn't identify my transaction with my GAF ID, but there's no need. I don't want in on the raffle. I have already my own personal KS pledge.

Toma

Sent 5 bucks, need to be a bit careful with money atm. Every bit helps though I hope! :)

If he was, he'd make his own tavern.

That too! ;)

P.S. All credit goes to volturnus for the fantastic idea, and Vulcano's assistant for the awesome vision if it happens that pushed me into making this.

jRkfa.png

I'm in.

I suppose someone will compile a list of names for the inn, npc, and item. Then from there, we will vote on the best option?

Also Khar was pretty spot on about a name that would not be too jarring with the spirit of the setting, but still have that hook to some gaf meta reference.

Toma

Nah.

- Believer
- Good Lore
- Hype Train'er

Those names/ideas cant be too much out of whack. "Hype Train'er" would be too weird. Believer would probably be fine though.

Mupod

In for 10bux.

There should be an NPC named Durante who cranks up the game's resolution when you talk to him.

volturnus

Banned
That too! ;)

P.S. All credit goes to volturnus for the fantastic idea, and Vulcano's assistant for the awesome vision if it happens that pushed me into making this.

jRkfa.png

Thanks, but you're the guy with the guts and the hard work :)
Also I just sent $50.
I wish I could give more right now, but I really want the physical bonuses as well. I'll try to put a bit more in as we get closer to the end.

Top Bottom