• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project GAF Inn - $5,000 for a mark in Obsidian's Project Eternity [FUNDED!]

Inn's the way to go, I agree.

Definitely. Outlaws would be picked if only someone decides to reserve it and we go beyond the $5,000. For that, we need an average of $325 per day.

As of now, we're keeping the Inn, NPC and Weapon.

With that said, going to PM a few people (and going to get in touch with Obsidian again) to see what I can do.

wrowa

The outlaw group is indeed boring. It would just be a bunch of names and most of the "backers" wouldn't benefit from it.

I definitely prefer the GAF inn. I don't think the bandits pledge should be $5000 either, especially if there are 6 available and it's therefore less exclusive. If it was 1 or 2 thousand it could be a stretch goal for us on top of the inn.

Looks like someone pledged for them Outlaws...

Oh wait... it me.

l6vMW.png

Inn or Out? Why not both?!!

hemtae

Eh

I don't think we'll be able to get to 10k by the end and some people that pledge will want one exclusively over the other. But no harm can come from it I suppose.

EDIT: there's only one left so it seems like a good decision.

Jesus @.@

What do you do :eek:?

I reserve. :p

New Stretch Goals: Since a few people voiced their concerns, I decided to reserve* this pledge as well... just in case!

$5,000: We get GAF Inn, Weapon and NPC.
$10,000: We get GAF Outlaws.

It's your call! As soon as we pass $5,000, GAF shall decide whether we keep the Stretch Goal or not. Cool? :D

BREAK THE BARRIER!

55 Backers
$1580/5,000 (31%) PLEDGED!
(Average of $28 per Inn Keeper!)
Biggest donation: $250.00!!

t1350435600z1.png

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I think hitting $10000 will be really tough unless we end up with a lot of high rollers. $5000 should be doable, but we've got a more limited audience than something like a standard kickstarter, so we're more likely to flatline and not really get much of a boost as the end draws near. Most people interested will have already pitched in by then.

wrowa

To be honest, it's very unlikely that we are going to hit 10k. Even 5k isn't a lock at this point.

I really think we should abandon either the inn or the outlaw group. Since both 5k tiers are so extremely limited, it would be pretty unfair to other interested people/groups to claim two of them even though we are far from reaching even the first goal...

El-Suave

To be honest, it's very unlikely that we are going to hit 10k. Even 5k isn't a lock at this point.

I really think we should abandon either the inn or the outlaw group. Since both 5k tiers are so extremely limited, it would be pretty unfair to other interested people/groups to claim two of them even though we are far from reaching even the first goal...

I absolutely agree, we need to decide quickly on which route we want to go. Reaching both goals seems highly unlikely and blocking both slots is unfair to other backers and Obsidian.

I absolutely agree, we need to decide quickly on which route we want to go. Reaching both goals seems highly unlikely and blocking both slots is unfair to other backers and Obsidian.

I agree with this. Keep the Inn. If by chance we're @ $7,000 and the Outlaws is @ 5/6 then reserve it then. Don't block it now.

Remember, kids: all your income is meant for online forums.

FEED ME!

Wrowa said:

I agree with you completely, though there is no harm aiming at the stars and instead landing on the moon. It should take us a week to realize how far we are from both targets. If it's noticed that we can't make it even close to the pledge, I will cancel the pledge with more than a few weeks to spare for those that are interested in it.

Inn is definitely staying though. Also remember: I have yet to personally pledge and I am definitely going to aim to get $5,000 for the Inn if we are not close to it. I am monitoring if it sells out or not and if there is demand elsewhere, I will retract my pledge.

The community decides! :)

ultron87

If it comes up that all the other 5k slots are filled we should drop our outlaw reservation. We don't want some other group to think they aren't going to be able to donate if we're just holding a spot for the low possibility of making it to 10k.

OTIX

How about the Goose And Fox Inn?

The circular sign above the door would be an orange fox jumping on a grey goose flapping its wings. I can't draw but you get the idea.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I think we should just stick with the inn and be happy with that. $5,000 is hefty, but manageable. $10,000 though...

Sharp

For what it's worth, I vote for the outlaws. It seems really dickish to ask Obsidian to create a tier and not even use it.

Sharp

That comes to my mind as well. Regardless, as of now only 2 are taken. I will retract once they're all taken.
Yes, but there's a chance they never get taken. Then, our committal to the individual $5000 tier might be preventing someone from contributing that extra money. Given that there's a very good chance we won't hit $10k, I don't think it's really fair to Obsidian to be blocking a guaranteed $5k. Again, that's just my opinion though. It seems like the majority would rather have the inn. Hopefully there are enough forums out there (or individuals who like the idea) that it won't matter in the end.

what do you mean by retract? you already put $5000 down for outlaws... are you saying you're able to back out?

You can back out of every pledge in Kickstarter. Let me show you how:

:p

OK so it's settled: We are sticking to our original goal of $5,000. If GAF gets super rich and excited and we have another $5,000 to spare, I'll pledge to it. If not, the reward we have selected is more than enough! If it gets taken then oh well! As of now, this is a "BONUS STRETCH GOAL" in case we exceed! :)

Thanks you all (from the bottom of my heart, of course!) for the opinions, everyone. Don't want to make a decision alone! Everyone agree?! :D

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds good, shagg_187. Thanks for all your time and effort put into making this a reality!

Rapstah

I want to support this so badly but I won't have any money until the end of this month. I can probably spend 25 bucks or comparable amounts of euros then, depending on what the payment options and circumstances look like. I hope this is also the case for 3000$ worth of other people, it would suck if this failed at the home stretch.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I still haven't thrown you my bones yet. I'll try and do it sometime over the next week. Likely before Wednesday hits when I can collect the money from my pimps.

Chipped in, great idea.

Inns are always special places in RPGs, hope it will play some part in the story.

Indeed. I'll never forget the first time I ever played Baldur's Gate - had barely any idea what was going on, low on arrows, low on health in the middle of a night-time storm, and the Friendly Arm Inn emerging out of the Fog o' War.

So good.

OTIX

Indeed. I'll never forget the first time I ever played Baldur's Gate - had barely any idea what was going on, low on arrows, low on health in the middle of a night-time storm, and the Friendly Arm Inn emerging out of the Fog o' War.

So good.
And then the mage outside slaughtered you with his magic missiles.

One week later:

57 Backers
$1610/5,000 (32%) PLEDGED!
(Average of $28 per Inn Keeper!)
Biggest donation: $250.00!!

t1350435600z1.png

Slow and steady, but right on track! With an average pledge of $230/day, we will optimistically meet our goal in 15 days, though with added buffer it'll be around 20 days.

i4ZA3.png

Today's Update: We're going to receive a dedicated email address from Obsidian so we can have a direct contact with them when we collaborate together. Exciting times.

RJT

I'll definitely be donating soon. Awesome idea, guys! Can't wait to chillax at the GAF Inn. I hope there's a room dedicated to GAF-HOP.

So good.

This is why I love inns/taverns in RPGs. That safe haven and atmosphere is very special.

RJT

I got a great idea for an NPC: you see someone fighting a bear. If you attack the bear, he shouts: don't help me, fool! Help the bear!

He goes by the name of Sir Blackace.

Top Bottom