• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project GAF Inn - $5,000 for a mark in Obsidian's Project Eternity [FUNDED!]

volturnus

Banned
There has to be something related to the account approval system and how easy it is to get banned here, these traits always come to mind first when thinking about GAF.
That and all the hate, obviously.
I'd say bar fights should happen for virtually any random reason, purposely ruining the safe haven aspect of RPG taverns.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
There has to be something related to the account approval system and how easy it is to get banned here, these traits always come to mind first when thinking about GAF.
That and all the hate, obviously.
I'd say bar fights should happen for virtually any random reason, purposely ruining the safe haven aspect of RPG taverns.

Half of the city wants to get in, the other half hates the place after being barred from it. Everyone inside doesn't leave.

Staying is free, but unrealistically long waiting list to get in, circumvented only by knowing someone and having them sponsor you with the mysterious thrill-seeking owner who has the powerful Tome of Evil Lore in his possession.

Various factions of the game world all represented on neutral ground, tenuous peace and intellectual discourse encouraged by the staff, including the harlequin, the eloquent nine fingered man, the foreigner with contacts to the Far East, the journalist with the inside scoop on current events, the monk who has transcended all human emotion, and the girl obsessed with belts and zippers.

Bar fights breaking out at times between faction extremists, only to be quashed violently by the brutal, zero tolerance Bishop of Tranquility and Love.

zkylon

zkylewd
Half of the city wants to get in, the other half hates the place after being barred from it. Everyone inside doesn't leave.

Staying is free, but unrealistically long waiting list to get in, circumvented only by knowing someone and having them sponsor you with the mysterious thrill-seeking owner who has the powerful Tome of Evil Lore in his possession.

Various factions of the game world all represented on neutral ground, tenuous peace and intellectual discourse encouraged by the staff, including the harlequin, the eloquent nine fingered man, the foreigner with contacts to the Far East, the journalist with the inside scoop on current events, the monk who has transcended all human emotion, and the girl obsessed with belts and zippers.

Bar fights breaking out at times between faction extremists, only to be quashed violently by the brutal, zero tolerance Bishop of Tranquility and Love.
Leave something for the rest of us, dude :p

the harlequin
the eloquent nine fingered man
the foreigner with contacts to the Far East
the journalist with the inside scoop on current events
the monk who has transcended all human emotion
the girl obsessed with belts and zippers.

1) Trolls
2) Not sure
3) Australians
4) Gearbox Adam and everyone else in the industry
5) OT Community?
6) PonyGAF?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
5 is Opiate.

3 could be Duckroll? I don't remember where he's from. Or Hitokage, I think he's in Japan. Probably a several that could apply to.

Corto

1. Charlequin
2. Stumpokapow
3. Duckroll
4. Nirolak
5. Opiate
6. Kagari

The Yuropean History Academic (Kabouter) and the Gentleman from another era (Minsc) need a mention. The once banned to rise anointed (Eatchildren) too... hehe

Zaptruder

Banned
1. Charlequin
2. Stumpokapow
3. Duckroll
4. Nirolak
5. Opiate
6. Kagari

The Yuropean History Academic (Kabouter) and the Gentleman from another era (Minsc) need a mention. The once banned to rise anointed (Eatchildren) too... hehe

Actually, number 3 I'm pretty sure is John TV. Maybe not - he's not a journalist anymore...

DieH@rd

Banned

Perfect. But we need to devise few alternate routes to get inside the inn. Having a sponsor [finishing some quest] must be the only "obvious" way to enter the inn.

I propose:
- stealing a invitation card from someone
- disguising ourselves into enemy of the innkeeper, so that our party members can drag him inside to "collect the reward"
- manually waiting in the waiting line of 30 very annoyed people, moving one step forward each 2 mins [real time]. As a bonus, people behind can attack you if you forget to move forward.
- full frontal attack trough the main door

legacyzero

Banned
This doesn't look like the kind of game I'd play, but I'd be happy to kick in some cash to help my fellow GAF on payday.

Mista Koo

Staying is free, but unrealistically long waiting list to get in
It would be interesting to see a fantasy inn with a club style bouncer and queues outside :p

The guys fighting inside have to be fighting about something as meaningful as ladder vs stepladder.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what's going on with my end. I still haven't put any money in.

My online banking isn't showing any deposits from Paypal from when I tried to link my account. Waited a few days last week and nothing happened, so I tried it again. Still nothing after a few more days (weekend shouldn't matter, I bought milk and it showed up right away...). Probably going to have to call the bank or something.

33pUz.jpg

:p

60 Backers
$1660/5,000 (33%) PLEDGED!
(Average of $28 per Inn Keeper!)
Biggest donation: $250.00!!

t1350435600z1.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I have a feeling that is exactly what's happening. God, the developers must go through a massive heart attack when they Kickstart a project :p

Yeah, its like a real Kickstarter for you! :D

RJT

What's would be a good opening line for the bartender?

The bartender will only talk to you one year after you first enter the inn, obviously. Until then, all you can do is listen to conversations (that's fine though, because gaffers seem to know a lot about everything).

Mindlog

The bartender will only talk to you one year after you first enter the inn, obviously. Until then, all you can do is listen to conversations (that's fine though, because gaffers seem to know a lot about everything).
"Ask me anything about our fair country. I'm an expert."

Top Bottom