• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Gotham Racing 4 - Photo Thread

goosfraba

Banned
chespace said:
1487780651_9b5f48d679_o.jpg

1487780859_a6b1b00759_o.jpg
these 2 shots are simply A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. O_O

i'll post some shots when i get my pgr4 in the next few days. :(

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Last one before bed. Drag racing a Tesla vs. Testarossa = good times.

1488749802_22f6c60c52_o.jpg

eso76

Borys said:
che has some mad PhotoMode skillz, yo.

Of course, he mastered them trying to make forza 2 look good.

i kid ! i kid ! Forza 2 always looked good enough to me

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
p3tran said:
***edit***

holly shit!! I just bought a cheat (ingame) that lets you make 3d photos 8)
grab a pair of those paper 3d glasses and have a look at this:

hollyshit1.jpg

hollyfuckinshit1.jpg

Just dug out the 3D glasses that came with Spy Kids 3D to look at these. Pretty cool cheat to have in the game.

acm2000

Crag Dweller said:
Just dug out the 3D glasses that came with Spy Kids 3D to look at these. Pretty cool cheat to have in the game.

you just admited owning spy kids 3d...... man, that took some balls :p

Some of those shots are amazing. Really amazing. The graphics in the photo mode are so so so far ahead of any other racer.
I loved MSR on my DC, it is a shame this isn;t coming to the PC. Maybe now Bizarre are with Activision!

acm2000

Crag Dweller said:
I have 3 kids so I have alot of shitty movies in the collection.

sure sure ;p

i just got some 3d glasses on ebay, pack of 6, gonna give them to my pgr4 owning buddys, and keep 1 pair for me

now all i need is the fucking game! gah, 7 more days

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
m5noblur.jpg

P3tran, i have never ever seen a better racing shot than this shot, my god thats just awesome.

wow this game is hot

Pretty genius move by devs putting these photo editors/uploaders in games. It sold me on Halo 2 (the ss thread) and this thread is selling me on PGR. I don't have enough $ for all these games!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
OK, I need the real scoop. Now that a lot of folks have played it, could someone describe the typical loading times during various events. How much time do you spend waiting? Is it significantly faster than PGR3 (or at least occuring less often)? These shots are so beautiful and I know the gameplay is a blast. I want to play it so much but those damn load screens in PGR3 just killed it.

D-X said:
Lets have a look back where it really started - MSR

metropolis_street_racer2b.jpg

bg04.jpg

Still looks good - way ahead of it's time.
I dunno about that.

Those are essentially the best screenshots of the game (I know, I used to post those in DC versus PS2 wars when I was on the DC side). The game is lacking in geometry and lighting. Everything is VERY flat. Buildings are like paper, cars are overly simplistic, and there is literally no real lighting of all sort. Compared to something like Ridge Racer 5 back in 2000, MSR just couldn't compare (RRV featured more complex everything, nice lighting, and 60 fps).

Still, DESPITE THAT, the game was awesome and had a crazy soundtrack. I was simply disappointed in its visuals.

Kingpen

dark10x said:
OK, I need the real scoop. Now that a lot of folks have played it, could someone describe the typical loading times during various events. How much time do you spend waiting? Is it significantly faster than PGR3 (or at least occuring less often)? These shots are so beautiful and I know the gameplay is a blast. I want to play it so much but those damn load screens in PGR3 just killed it.

I dunno about that.

Those are essentially the best screenshots of the game (I know, I used to post those in DC versus PS2 wars when I was on the DC side). The game is lacking in geometry and lighting. Everything is VERY flat. Buildings are like paper, cars are overly simplistic, and there is literally no real lighting of all sort. Compared to something like Ridge Racer 5 back in 2000, MSR just couldn't compare (RRV featured more complex everything, nice lighting, and 60 fps).

Still, DESPITE THAT, the game was awesome and had a crazy soundtrack. I was simply disappointed in its visuals.

I don't have exact counts, but I remember being pissed off about the loads in PGR3. I'm not pissed off this time cause they most likely are shorter.

DAMMIT!! I was trying to hold out until after Orange Box, but I think I'll be grabbing this on the way home. I was strong until I came into this thread.........now I must own this ASAP!!

acm2000

pgr4 has a better overall look than GT5P thanks to city tracks, weather, etc etc, gt5p has better car models and lighting, but itsnt as fun anyway ala forza 2, now keep this thread on topic -_-

Core407

Banned
acm2000 said:
pgr4 has a better overall look than GT5P thanks to city tracks, weather, etc etc, gt5p has better car models and lighting, but itsnt as fun anyway ala forza 2, now keep this thread on topic -_-

QFT I wish PD would do an off shoot of the GT series. Something more akin to street racing but give it a realistic flavor.

PGR4 is just incredible though. Definitely would pick it up if I had a 360 right now. I played the shit out of 3 when it came out at launch and I'm guessing I would do the same with 4.

nerbo

Obaid said:
hey c'mon. I didnt want to bitch this game, that poor guy seemed to just didnt see much in his gaming life.

No, really, GTFO. This isn't a GT5 photo thread. Troll somewhere else.

Obaid said:
hey c'mon. I didnt want to bitch this game, that poor guy seemed to just didnt see much in his gaming life.

Go the fuck away. If you don't like his opinion on what he likes then keep it to another thread. Every god damned PGR thread gets ruined by whining GT fans who can't seem to accept that some people might like the way another game looks more than GT. In the past it's been a bannable offense to bring up either game in the other's thread and there was a good reason for it.

EDIT- I see you're relatively new here so you don't know how this works. PGR threads have had a history of bringing out the GT fans to try and "correct" the "poor misguided closed minded" PGR fans even though the games aren't even remotely comparable. It makes it absolutely impossible to have a decent discussion about PGR because GT fans simply can't seem to accept that some people prefer PGR.

eso76

i think someone should start an "official PGR4 vs GT5 thread" where all the trolling and comparing is allowed.

Great pictures everyone, they're making me consider picking this up even though I have Forza 2 (and love it to death) and sold PGR3 a while ago. What am I thinking?

Obaid said:
[GT5 picture]

just want to expand your horizon. :)

If that looked better than the PGR3 screen, then you'd be an inflammatory douche with a point.

But it doesn't, so there goes your point.

eso76 said:
i think someone should start an "official PGR4 vs GT5 thread" where all the trolling and comparing is allowed.

Won't help...as soon as someone says something in a PGR thread that could be construed as saying it's better than GT at something all the trolls will rush over to "correct" them. Besides it'll probably get locked within about 5 posts anyway.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Why the fuck did I click on this thread?

I was happy enough with Sega Rally but now I'm PGR4 (Euro) day 1 confirmed. :(

I've never been so sad to be so excited. I guess this is what woman-on-man rape feels like. :(

FatalT

Banned
I wish the riders and bikes wouldn't turn transparent when you crash. I also wish my bike's license plate would stay on my bike instead of hitting me in the balls when I crash.

GhostRider.jpg

The Chef

This game looks superb. Some of the interior shots IMO look terribly bland while others look amazing.

This shot looks horrific.
There is virtually no texture work, his shoes look like they are painted on, the air vents are just completely solid inside and it looks like there is zero shading going on
73103715sj6.jpg

While this shot looks infinitely better. Seems to be so much more texture work and great lighting and use of blur and fantastic shadows.
m5noblur.jpg

Now i haven't played this game at all so i was curious if this is just how some car interiors look in comparison to others?
Or do the shots look so dramatically different in different conditions (lighting, driving fast, weather)?

Burai

shitonmychest57
Isn't it just the foreground blurring that makes the BMW cockpit look better? Unfiltered, they'd both look the same.

p3tran

Banned
Isn't it just the foreground blurring that makes the BMW cockpit look better? Unfiltered, they'd both look the same.
its the brightness settings on the photomode.
its a bit tricky, but you can pretty much do whatever you want regarding many things, and that enzo dash pic has way too much brightness.

here is another pic that is more correct on the brightness
enzonoblur.jpg

also that m5 dash has no blur. >> this one << has.

on the other m5 pic, its the focal point that makes the letters on the wheel not very clear, and not motion blur.
I tried to focus just in front of the windshield, as one's eyes would focus when doing silly things in the rain.

more pics: lotus
lotus1.jpg

lotus4.jpg

and some zonda
zonda3.jpg

zonda4.jpg

Top Bottom