• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Morpheus GDC Presentation LiveBlog Discussion Thread. [LIVE]

"OLED display. 1920 x RGB x 1080. All 1920x1080 pixels have RGB subpixels, creating a beautiful full HD image."

"120Hz refresh rate"

Uh ... holy crap?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Ergh 1080p again is a bit disappointing, but with PS4 as the driver and now goddam 120hz refresh, something had to be traded off.

Interested about the "sub pixels".

FleetFeet

Those specs are amazing... massive increase and I'm honestly surprised they've made this much of a jump in the last year. Can't wait to hear the impressions on these demos later today!

dmr87

PS4 was designed to have a 120 fps output, which we haven't talked about publicly in the past(!)

Here we go

clintar

"We feel 120hz is ideal for VR. And yes, PS4 was actually designed to handle native 120 FPS output which we haven't talked about publically in the past."

please explain

"Developers building games for VR are encourages to target 120 FPS. But for those looking for high graphics, we offer the option to render games at 60 FPS but output at 120 FPS"

Sony, you rock out with your bad self!

Top Bottom