• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project P-100 (Nintendo/Platinum Games) announced for WiiU [Director: Hideki Kamiya]

MYE

looks horrible, why they couldnt just do bayonetta 2 or vanquish 2....

compared to platinum other games this one looks like crap. and seems to play like it too....

Why waste time on unappealing games look at spyborg capcom game it wasnt a bad game but crappy graphics art design it flopped the same with zack and wiki and madword which its not that good neither...

stop experimenting random crap on a nintendo console, invest this kind of random games on psn or xbox live arcade...

wow

Its like i'm reading Youtube comments now

Ra1den

Good god I was being facetious with my last post, but it sounds like people really DO want nothing more than cinematic corridor shooters, despite their best efforts to convince themselves otherwise.

We want Bayo 2.

The game does look fun though.

Roto13

I can't believe Kamiya's next game isn't Bayonetta 2. And it's a Nintendo game. That's terrible and awesome.

I'm taking this to mean Bayonetta 2 was never cancelled because it was never in development.

.la1n

It looks interesting and the game play could be a lot of fun, will stay optimistic. If Kamiya is passionate about this then I have little doubt it will be a great ride.

MYE

Okay, they guy that made Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami and Bayonetta is working on this. You can't possibly tell me you're not at least a little bit disappointed about this, especially after he said he wanted to make a Starfox game. The gameplay will be great regardless, but it will get overlooked. It's a waste of resources. I don't know how I can be anymore clear about it.

So the gameplay will be great....buts its a waste of resources because its going to be overlooked?

My head hurts

Jarmel

Banned
Good god I was being facetious with my last post, but it sounds like people really DO want nothing more than cinematic corridor shooters, despite their best efforts to convince themselves otherwise.

No I want something that doesn't look like a Wii game and if they can't do that, then actually pump some money into it.

OceanBlue

Okay, they guy that made Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami and Bayonetta is working on this. You can't possibly tell me you're not at least a little bit disappointed about this, especially after he said he wanted to make a Starfox game. The gameplay will be great regardless, but it will get overlooked. It's a waste of resources. I don't know how I can be anymore clear about it.
Disappointed that people will react in the same way you have regardless of how the game will play? Yes, I am disappointed. The game itself looks cool though.

Vice

Why would it be disappointing? It's a new title from someone who has made nothing but great games in the past. I really like the artstyle for it, it's different than what he's done before. It's cartoonish but I can't describe what style.

VegaNine

Pikmin meets...an arcade game? Bayonetta? Zombies Ate My Neighbors?

Whatever this is—it's game of the show—and I am ALL OVER IT. I want this to be the first game Wii U game I play.

Shame this wasnt in the press conference. Visuals aren't 'blockbuster AAA' but core gameplay that blends line based elements with traditional action combo system with buttons does make the gamepad seem viable for cool shit for core gamers.

Meier

Graphics are fairly poor but I thought the gameplay looked really cool. I wouldn't write this off so quickly personally.

Neiteio

Looks great in terms of gameplay, but it needs more style. The environments are bland and the music is about as generic superhero as it gets. Let's see some of the flair in Kamiya's other offerings -- Viewtiful Joe, Okami, etc -- and I'll be sold.

MYE

Capcom has it right. Cinematic Michael Bay-like trailers with bombs and shit exploding every 2 seconds really is the way to have the self-proclaimed "hardcore-gamers" waving their wallets.

The next time i see people complaining that RE6 looks like a summer blockbuster movie instead of being true to its survival horror roots, i'm gonna go apeshit on them.

Anteater

Interesting, I expected his game to be weird and not bayo 2 just to trigger the PG cycle

Can't wait to see more

Looks great in terms of gameplay, but it needs more style. The environments are bland and the music is about as generic superhero as it gets. Let's see some of the flair in Kamiya's other offerings -- Viewtiful Joe, Okami, etc -- and I'll be sold.

Yeah, other than the character designs, the actual style seem pretty simplistic

No I like color. When I first saw Pikmin 3, it was a breath of fresh air compaired to all the ultra violent and drab color palette we've been seeing all thru this gen. That's not it. It's just severely disappointing. This should have been a 3DS title.
1. I was utterly disappointed by the show; worst of all E3;
2. How the hell were they going to fit all that in the tiny ass 3DS screen?

BHZ Mayor

So after post after post about dudebro this, brown that, and complaining about too many sequels, we see a game that doesn't fall into that category, and get complaints about it NOT being dudebro and NOT being a sequel.

This thread is more dissapointing than the press conference. Why are people hating on this?

Nailed it. I don't think Platinum has ever had graphically amazing titles, but they always have an appealing "cool" look to them. This is really no different. Yeah, the models are blocky as hell, and I was let down by that, but the longer the video played, the less I cared cause the gameplay looked really fluid and imaginative. As someone else put it, Platinum's titles are more "games" than "experiences", and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Fabrik

Banned
What I am happy about is Platinum and Nintendo getting closer. With Sega leaving them, they could be safe with Nintendo. But Nintendo will be have to give them total freedom.

The "waste of resources" line was thrown at VJ when it was revealed, too.

People hated that one of the Nintendo 5 games was a youth-oriented cel-shaded 2D game with dumb movie references.

Not that I am saying it's comparable, just funny.

jman2050

The "waste of resources" line was thrown at VJ when it was revealed, too.

People hated that one of the Nintendo 5 games was a youth-oriented cel-shaded 2D game with dumb movie references.

Not that I am saying it's comparable, just funny.

The more things change etc etc...

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh goodness, this looks heaps of fun! Too bad they didn't show it in the conference, mind.

Why are we hating on this?

So after post after post about dudebro this, brown that, and complaining about too many sequels, we see a game that doesn't fall into that category, and get complaints about it NOT being dudebro and NOT being a sequel.

Sorry, Bayonetta is a dudebro franchise now?

Cerberus

I think it looks fun. With Kamiya in charge, I'm sure this will be a great game. That man has an amazing track record as a director.

Has he been working on this since Bayonetta released?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
man, it looks fun, but horrible graphic-wise.
I really cannot understand how they can bring this to e3 and not...Retro? Monolith?
Is Nintendo aware of what they are risking?
This could just be a funny addition to a solid lineup, probably e-shop worthy

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
A few feelings coursed through me

1. This is the official, public service announcement for Bayonetta 2 being dead.

2. Its not an action game, so I am disappointed in that. I wanted a new IP from him more than anything(Which is good), but the way NG3 turned out, DmC is turning out, and the complete lack of anything in terms of a 3D action title. Makes me kind of sad now I'll have nothing new worthwhile to work with for a few years. Basically I'm swinging between just wanting another great action game and a new IP.

3. New IP. Looks like a sort of Pikmin on crack. I actually like the concept and thought it looked neat.

4. This is clearly a very quick and dirty game. Low budgeted and probably very quick on development time. Sad that it may not be as refined as his normal efforts, but there is no way I'm not ecstatic for anything Kayima attaches his name too.

Fabrik

Banned
I wonder who got the idea first. Is it really a game Kamiya want to make? We need an interview from me right now!

Top Bottom