• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project P-100 (Nintendo/Platinum Games) announced for WiiU [Director: Hideki Kamiya]

Rpgmonkey

Looks cool.

Sucks for Bayonetta 2, but the weirder and more colorful-looking Kamiya games are really different and fun experiences, so I'm interested.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
1. I was utterly disappointed by the show; worst of all E3;
2. How the hell were they going to fit all that in the tiny ass 3DS screen?

Innovate, build the game around 3DS given the obvious small budget he has? 3DS needs games too. IDK. If I get a Wii U - and that's a big if at this point - I'll pick this game up. Nintendo needed bigger third party support. I'm just pissed that they didn't have Kamiya work on something that had a little bit more wow factor. I'm fine with Viewtiful Joe type graphics and even suggested he make a DK game before Retro did one, but this is just really disappointing. I don't know what else to say. I was so hyped for this E3 and I feel so let down.

iavi

If I Get a Wii U at launch, it'll be for this and Rayman.

The game looks fantastic - in both its mechanics and visuals. The pedestrians look like Mii's - intetionally, im sure - but the player models, and environmental art is fab. It rings me a lot of The Incredibles.

Satch

Banned
A few feelings coursed through me

1. This is the official, public service announcement for Bayonetta 2 being dead.

2. Its not an action game, so I am disappointed in that. I wanted a new IP from him more than anything(Which is good), but the way NG3 turned out, DmC is turning out, and the complete lack of anything in terms of a 3D action title. Makes me kind of sad now I'll have nothing new worthwhile to work with for a few years. Basically I'm swinging between just wanting another great action game and a new IP.

3. New IP. Looks like a sort of Pikmin on crack. I actually like the concept and thought it looked neat.

4. This is clearly a very quick and dirty game. Low budgeted and probably very quick on development time. Sad that it may not be as refined as his normal efforts, but there is no way I'm not ecstatic for anything Kayima attaches his name too.
It IS an action game. They've got a blend of elements going on.

What the hell? Why does it matter if it was at the conference? We found out about it less than an hour after it ended. People act like the conferences are the only part of E3.

MercuryLS

Banned
Graphics are fairly poor but I thought the gameplay looked really cool. I wouldn't write this off so quickly personally.

Yeah, the concept looks really interesting. I'm sure PG will take good advantage of the Wii U's controller. I'm definitely interested.

So after post after post about dudebro this, brown that, and complaining about too many sequels, we see a game that doesn't fall into that category, and get complaints about it NOT being dudebro and NOT being a sequel.
Look man, I just wanted first-person M rated Zelda with buff Link. Is that so much to ask for?

This will probably be the highlight of Wii U launch bar Mario and Pikmin. This game is Nintendo doing exactly what everyone keeps asking them to do - closer relationship with third party developers and a brand new IP.

But of course, it's not Metroid so it sucks.

Hero

People are seriously hating on this? What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Companies release sequels and GAF says: We want original games.
Comapnies release an original game and GAF says: WTF is this where's my sequel?

Where's that "THIS IS NEOGAF" gif when you need it?

TreIII

The "waste of resources" line was thrown at VJ when it was revealed, too.

People hated that one of the Nintendo 5 games was a youth-oriented cel-shaded 2D game with dumb movie references.

Not that I am saying it's comparable, just funny.

Ding. Glad to see somebody else didn't forget that.

I don't get why people think this is low budget. The character animation seems very smooth and very nice. The character's themselves are a little rough, but this game also doesn't seem like it's a launch game, which means they have 6+ months to fool around with it

I've had issues with some of Kamiya's games. I thought Okami was badly paced, for example.

I've never played a game of his that I thought was bad or regretted playing.

Jarmel

Banned
People are seriously hating on this? What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Companies release sequels and GAF says: We want original games.
Comapnies release an original game and GAF says: WTF is this where's my sequel?

Where's that "THIS IS NEOGAF" gif when you need it?

That's why people like Watchdog, Last of Us and 1313(for the most part). Right.

What the hell? Why does it matter if it was at the conference? We found out about it less than an hour after it ended. People act like the conferences are the only part of E3.

If it's not during the conference, then it doesn't exist. Rating conferences is more important than anything else this week.

HYDE

Banned
I wonder who got the idea first. Is it really a game Kamiya want to make? We need an interview from me right now!

It's what happens when Bayonetta 2 gets scrapped at the last moment by SEGA.

It's as bad as making a shovelware Iga game. It's sad when a gen later system can't even replicate the graphics of a game from 2 gens sooner, ain't that Viewtiful.

beril

The style looks a bit of a mix of Viewtiful Joe and The Incredibles. I don't think there's anything wrong with the graphics. It's got that clean cartoony CG look, some nice effects and a crazy amount of stuff going on.

The couple in the beggining of the trailer were hilariously low poly, but I just found that charming, and the ingame models don't really need to be any more detailed with the topdown perspective.

Wow. Not what I was expecting. I'm a little sad as I was hoping for something else from Kamiyasan. Hopefully his heart is in this and this is the project he wants to work on. If it is I'm sure it'll be great.

Hero

That's why people like Watchdog, Last of Us and 1313(for the most part). Right.

Except there are several posters in this thread who have said "Where is Bayonetta 2?" Why the hell are you even bringing up games that nobody mentioned?

KarmaCow

Except there are several posters in this thread who have said "Where is Bayonetta 2?" Why the hell are you even bringing up games that nobody mentioned?

So what you're saying is that different people said different things? Please tell me more.

Pappasman

I just saw the video. Aside from the close ups and cinematics in the trailer, the gameplay looks really good. The fast paced and hectic nature of the combat looks awesome.. I'm really interested to see more.

Hate the art design of what was shown. I doubt the game will be bad, but not even it can get me interested in the Wii U after what I witnessed today.

Top Bottom