• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Sonic 2017 now called Sonic Forces [Update: First Gameplay Footage]

Livestream just said it's an evolution of Colors and Generations.

Three gameplay styles.

Engine is called Hedgehog Engine 2.

Showing Modern gameplay right now holy shit

EDIT: Confirmed same dev team from Colors/Generations. Short gameplay trailer will be uploaded to Youtube tomorrow morning.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"An evolution of Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations?" By all means--right in my veins.

Stopdoor

I remember a thread here praising the logos for Sonic games.

Funny since this one definitely look uninspired.

Haha, that was me. I linked it in the duplicate thread.

Good or not, it still fits the criteria of using the same old classic logo, as weird a name as it is.

『Inaba Resident』;232210433 said:

Was a screenshot of this leaked several months ago? Looks really familiar.

Edit:
zZkR0R2.jpg

Probably not

Ferr986

All those bombs/missles being shot down into the city while the giant robots invade.

I really want to know how gritty this story is.

It's basically Robotnik won, and you have to unfuck everything. It seems to still be the goofy Robotnik from Colors, Generations and Lost World though, so probably not as gritty.

Spaghetti

Wait, why are people upset with this gameplay footage? It looks like Generations. Generations was good!
Some people wanted a new style. Others wanted another stab at Sonic Adventure gameplay.

IMO, Sonic Team made the right choice and stuck with what works and what they know is fun.

It's basically Robotnik won, and you have to unfuck everything. It seems to still be the goofy Robotnik from Colors, Generations and Lost World though, so probably not as gritty.

Finally Sonic Chronicles:The Dark Brotherhood's plot will finally be wrapped up =)

Top Bottom