• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Spark Information Q&A

I started "playing" the beta with a Surface pro this week-end, and the touch interface makes it really, really more convenient : the stylus is great for sculpting and painting, and moving the camera with two fingers is really comfortable (especially compared to the awkward WASD/QE using the keyboard).
It seems that the menus in general were designed for touch interface first. I wonder how the experience will be on consoles, but I hope the editor will support smart glass (I should watch the reveal video again, I think they were swapping between console, PC and kinect, but I'm not so sure any more).

Do you know how do you change the brush size/intensity sliders with touch?

I started "playing" the beta with a Surface pro this week-end, and the touch interface makes it really, really more convenient : the stylus is great for sculpting and painting, and moving the camera with two fingers is really comfortable (especially compared to the awkward WASD/QE using the keyboard).
It seems that the menus in general were designed for touch interface first. I wonder how the experience will be on consoles, but I hope the editor will support smart glass (I should watch the reveal video again, I think they were swapping between console, PC and kinect, but I'm not so sure any more).

I just got my code a short while ago and the first thing I decided to install it on was an 11.6 inch windows tablet and I feel the exact same way.

I didn't expect touch to work well, but it seemed that it was designed to utilise it right off the bat. Still I connected the keyboard to do the part of the tutorial where it asks you to map the WASD keys.

Didn't feel too intuitive using the trackpad for painting but the first time I touched the screen and saw grass pop up around my finger that was it for me.

The game does support smartglass, but I can't remember if the editor does.....I remember seeing something about smartglass integration but can't remember what.

Alx

Do you know how do you change the brush size/intensity sliders with touch?

I think that if you touch the screen once you can see your editing brush on screen with two icons that you can slide to change size and intensity, like you do for scaling props. Although I usually keep the stylus in one hand and use the same control as with a mouse, there are several commads I still don't know how to do with pure touch, like changing the editing shape (sphere, cube, cylinder) or getting to hear a sound prop before selecting it.

Metzhara

Disappointment is:
Being super excited to get a beta key and then realizing that your preview 8.1 somehow locked up your system when you attempted to install the proper 8.1.
I get the black screen of death and no solution other than a full format seems to work.

I'm not prepared for a full 1.5TB backup right now.

GRRRR...

When it does work, I don't have access to anything tile related so I can't reach the store. Why do you do this? I wasn't an 8.1 hater. I really wasn't...

I'm eager to get in and try this thing out and/or get it on the One (and perhaps some X360 messing around.)

I think that if you touch the screen once you can see your editing brush on screen with two icons that you can slide to change size and intensity, like you do for scaling props. Although I usually keep the stylus in one hand and use the same control as with a mouse, there are several commads I still don't know how to do with pure touch, like changing the editing shape (sphere, cube, cylinder) or getting to hear a sound prop before selecting it.

The icons appear, but when I try to slide then I end up painting the world underneath it...

I guess I should use the pen, but I lost mine and haven't purchased a new one yet XD

khuezy

I just got the beta yesterday.

Anyone know of a good source to learn brain logic?

I want to implement a Click and Move To brain.

Can't seem to figure out the right logic.

Thanks.

Alx

Go to the forum on projectspark.com, there is a dedicated section for kode, with some useful info. I've seen a topic about what you want to do, but you may need to search for it.

Top Bottom