• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Stealth resurfaces, on UE4 now. (Spy vs Merc remake)

wwm0nkey

I remember seeing this project forever ago but looks like they are finally going to get their shit together, fund it, hire full time programmers and get it out within a year of it being funded.

Site Link

Also there are some new screens as well.

spy_agile1.png

merc_area_defense1.png

spy_teamwork2.png

epmode

Spies vs Mercs in Pandora Tomorrow was like looking into THE FUTURE. It was so ahead of its time and I was really excited about where multiplayer games would go from there.

As it turned out, they went nowhere. Regressed, even. So it's nice to see that someone remembers!

edit: I don't mean to say that interesting MP games are gone. I like the crazy emergent stuff in Rust and DayZ for instance. Big budget MP is the real problem.

legacyzero

Banned
Wow, I had forgot this was a thing. More power to them, if they can put something out better than Ubi's latest attempt.

This is even a thing?!

Hopefully Ubisoft doesn't slap them with a cease & desist order because I'm all about a Spies vs Mercenaries without uPlay. And with a remake of Orphanage.

catmario

I loved Spy ve mercs on Splinter Cells Blacklist. So I'm anticipating on this.

But UBISoft may see this, Will UBI tackle this project?

Been following this for years. It was never really dead but development has been so slow on it. Will be interesting to see how it plays finally.

RedSwirl

Man. Have people stopped playing SvM in Blacklist? I tried out classic mode for a bit and it seemed really good.

I hope this can get off the ground though and find an audience. I wouldn't even mind it being F2P if the microtransaction infrastructure wasn't bad (think DOTA 2).

Top Bottom