• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROMETHEUS Full Theatrical Trailer (2:32) + International UK trailer (2:47)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

Roomi looks and acts amazing in this. I think this might get her a lot more attention in Hollywood. The sweating, "praying" scene alone is hypnotising...and not just because she's incredibly hot...

People still don't know this? It's an iconic sound effect.

I shake my head at those people. Sad.

------

Regarding what the US trailer is telling us, I get a sense that they go wherever that map leads them (assuming it's LV-426), they find the alien ship, it launches, they try to stop it.

Are they providing too much story in the trailer by also showing the alien ship crashing back into the planet (LV-426)?

Anteater

tentacle2a6jvn.gif

different color tentacle!

GhaleonEB

much better trailer and with much less spoilers.

Yeah, I actually prefer the international one. Less intense, but also far less spoilery. Both simply superb, though.

I really hope the patience found in Alien is here, and Scott really takes his time with the story. No huge rush to the planet and the find and the action; a slow burn through to the midpoint before all hell starts breaking lose.

Interesting that they cite Scott's Blade Runner and Gladiator credentials, without referencing Alien. They clearly don't want to tether Prometheus to the expectations that are now associated with that film.

jtb

Banned
Avatar ripped off the first 2 ALIEN movies so you can't call Prometheus a ripoff

Yeah, but Aliens...

Anyways, art is endlessly (and perhaps even inherently) derivative and referential. I've never understood why that is a bad/good thing. If it's enjoyable, then I'll like it. If it's shit, no matter how "original" it is, I'm not going to like it.

duckroll

Yeah, I actually prefer the international one. Less intense, but also far less spoilery. Both simply superb, though.

I really hope the patience found in Alien is here, and Scott really takes his time with the story. No huge rush to the planet and the find and the action; a slow burn through to the midpoint before all hell starts breaking lose.

Interesting that they cite Scott's Blade Runner and Gladiator credentials, without referencing Alien. They clearly don't want to tether Prometheus to the expectations that are now associated with that film.

What I like most about the international trailer is that you can really see how well directed the scenes are without the trailer style cutting. Compare the opening scenes of the international trailer with the same scenes in the US trailer, and there's just so much more room for the characters to breath in the complete scenes.

That's very, very promising news for the actual film itself.

GhaleonEB

What I like most about the international trailer is that you can really see how well directed the scenes are without the trailer style cutting. Compare the opening scenes of the international trailer with the same scenes in the US trailer, and there's just so much more room for the characters to breath in the complete scenes.

Yeah, the tone is very different and we get a sense of the feel of the scenes themselves. The US trailer is in a hurry to telegraph the plot, while the international one takes time to show the premise. It got me much more excited than the initial one.

duckroll

Yeah, like I said, I missed the middle parts of the conversation. I just got back into the thread when I saw the UK trailer was posted.

Don't worry about it. Points get brought up over and over and discussed again in threads like this anyway. It's too fast moving to keep track of all the time.

Plus, the shift in tone between the curiosity/wonderment on Earth and the regret/terror on the alien planet is much more palpable.

filler

Banned
This all seems too good to me true, we're actually going to get an amazing scifi movie in 2012 and it's not going to pointless action scenes. I feel like I'm going to wake up and Prometheus will just be some dream I had.

bengraven

You have no idea how excited I am for this. Next to Star Wars/Trek, this is my big third tier sci-fi franchise. This movie made me realize at an early age that I preferred more realistic sci-fi - I loved feeling like you could go down on a lower deck and there's oil stains on the ground or dust on guages. The guys wore baseball caps and were essentially "truckers in space". I wanted more though, I wanted to see more types of creatures on other planets...Pitch Dark/Butcher Bay picked up that thread for me until Chronicles of Riddick came out and made that franchise more space opera-like.

Speaking of which, to this day Xenomorphs are the most terrifying fucking creature in film, period. I have nightmares almost 30 years later at least once every month or two about xenomorphs. haha

Don't worry about it. Points get brought up over and over and discussed again in threads like this anyway. It's too fast moving to keep track of all the time.

Just like the ME3 threads I guess. ;)

Big Chungus

Is this an Alien prequel or not?

I remember reading a few months ago that it was originally supposed to be an Alien prequel but then they changed it...

duckroll

I'm not surprised that they deliberated avoid saying Alien anywhere. It's not that they want to avoid the connect, but rather they feel the connection is obvious and well known enough to resonate without being stated out loud. That is true homage.

They want to avoid mentioning Alien because FOX ruined the Alien property with the two AVP films and they know it. Also what duckroll said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom