• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Protesters Surround KKK Gathering In Charlottesville

"Ban bait" is such a weak excuse. It's a message board, not a live, face-to-face conversation. It takes time to see someone's post, write up a response, and post it. Hell, you even have time to edit it most of the time.

We're all responsible for what we type.

Some now that Bish is gone, who will be the new excuse for "undeserved" bans?

Probably Stump and Besada, the mouth breathers that post on "lolneocucks.fuk" already dislike them.

Probably Stump and Besada, the mouth breathers that post on "lolneocucks.fuk" already dislike them.

Yeah, definitely seen plenty of interactions like this

Poster: I've been banned for going against the hive mind!
Mod: you were banned for the following *receipts of suspect shit*
Other posters: ...
Poster: *poof*

It's weird because we have plenty of long-time suspect posters these dudes could take clues from, but they let anger take over

Tragic

ThisGuy

Ban baiting? Really? Fuck outta here with that.

Just watch what you post and you won't get clapped. It's that simple.
Clapped?

American????????

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Its cool hearing the clan got swarmed on like that. I like to think there's more opposition to racism than ever before. But I don't know enough to say if that's true or not. In regards to the short term that is.

When I was in high school we had one of these klan sideshows in our town square, pretty much same deal with number distribution, police presence, everything.

One of the mounted cops' horses kicked another horse's shit at the klan and everyone busted out laughing

M.J. Doja

Banned
Not surprised at the cops actions, also the reactions in this thread. I wonder if the KKK will ever get classified as a terror group...

White supremacy is such a useless cause.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Is there any value in racist speech?
Genuinely no. There is literally nothing to be gained from listening to those who preach those ideals. Which is why the notion that we need to give it a platform, tolerate it, treat it respectfully, hell even refute something that on a surface level makes as much sense as flat earth theories, is absolutely ridiculous. Especially since we know what the goddamn end goal of people who propose those ideas in the first place....:
l0XTQ8V.png

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The fucking Nazis literally told us for decades that they were infiltrating authority positions.

They literally fucking told us.

The actual Nazis were taking notes on how to be a racist country from the USA. We set the standard.

Genuinely no. There is literally nothing to be gained from listening to those who preach those ideals. Which is why the notion that we need to give it a platform, tolerate it, treat it respectfully, hell even refute something that on a surface level makes as much sense as flat earth theories, is absolutely ridiculous. Especially since we know what the goddamn end goal of people who propose those ideas in the first place....:
l0XTQ8V.png

I agree. It's clear that when the only defense of hate speech is that it is their right, there is nothing to be gained from it.

Is there any value in racist speech?

The problems people bring up tend to be the "slippery slope" bit of, "if hate speech is forbidden or made illegal, who's to say _____ won't also be eventually made illegal...". I think it isn't that slippery. There is a clear line between hate speech and non-hate driven speech. One could say, "What if people just meant it as a joke. They didn't MEAN it...", but then again, why joke about shit like that unless you are a fuckin' scum of humanity.

Goofalo

The problems people bring up tend to be the "slippery slope" bit of, "if hate speech is forbidden or made illegal, who's to say _____ won't also be eventually made illegal...". I think it isn't that slippery. There is a clear line between hate speech and non-hate driven speech. One could say, "What if people just meant it as a joke. They didn't MEAN it...", but then again, why joke about shit like that unless you are a fuckin' scum of humanity.

Pewdiepie am disappoint

Not surprised at the cops actions, also the reactions in this thread. I wonder if the KKK will ever get classified as a terror group...

Only groups of brown and black people get classified as terror groups.

Terrorists like Timothy McVeigh, emboldened by white supremacy groups, are always classified as "lone wolves," and their associations are always dismissed.

Why didn't white armed militias that took over a federal facility get classified as a terror group or treasonous enemies of the state?

Only groups of brown and black people get classified as terror groups.

Terrorists like Timothy McVeigh, emboldened by white supremacy groups, are always classified as "lone wolves," and their associations are always dismissed.

Why didn't white armed militias that took over a federal facility get classified as a terror group or treasonous enemies of the state?
You leave that poor mentally ill man alone.

antonz

How did the Nazi following stay alive for so long??? Who would listen to their trash?

Racial Superiority is a powerful component. When you consider how much resistance there was mounted in large parts of this country even after a Civil War its easy to see how ideologies like that survive even if they are forced to be less visible.

At this point our own Government repeatedly talks about how those groups infiltrate Law Enforcement etc. and outside of the reports there is very little ever done to go after the infiltration. Hell we have an administration that has openly stated that the government needs to focus less on White extremists.

People who think bish was so bad can you even post a single legitimate post from someone defending racism or even someone who's a Trump supporter. Every post from a Trump supporter I've seen in OT serves no other purpose than to troll. I've never even seen a post of a supporter arguing for the good he's done.

The Klan is a terrorist organization fuck their protection.

I know right? What are the chances that an ISIS support rally here in the States would get police protection I wonder? Are the opinions of the KKK somehow more valid or more worthy of protection than those of ISIS? Of course not.

IrishNinja

this was literally the best news twitter brought me this season

fuck these nazi fucks and fuck any liberal/etc defending them, frankly

The fucking Nazis literally told us for decades that they were infiltrating authority positions.

They literally fucking told us.

that FBI study last year or so talking about how much white supremicists have infiltrated every level of law enforcement should've been a real eye opener, but the people who would read it likely already assumed as much & most of the ones who didn't either wanted to play #TeamBothSides or quote voltaire or some shit

There's a good chance that ban was unwarranted if it was Bishoptl. We all know what happened there.

talking to a corpse, but yes, we all do know: bishop made this place a lot more livable for minorities. the current team is doing alright but please believe we were better with his lawnmower, caught nonsense like yours a lot quicker

ThisGuy

I wonder if the KKK will ever get classified as a terror group...

Is there an official us domestic terror organization list? I tried googling for a few minutes, but I'm not seeing anything.

I never would have thought people did not consider it a domestic terrorist organization.

Not

Banned
Is there an official us domestic terror organization list? I tried googling for a few minutes, but I'm not seeing anything.

I never would have thought people did not consider it a domestic terrorist organization.

"Terrorist" has been code for "man of Arab descent" in the US for so long it's going to take a really long time to fix it. Look how well we're doing with fixing slavery.

akira28

"you should be glad we got into a war with your country's leader. now you're in America!"

"literally all my extended family are dead.."

JKRMA

Banned
Fuck the KKK and fuck the folks protecting them. Just remember all they did in the name of white supremacy. Hell, if you need entertainment while trying to understand then just watch A Time to Kill with Sam Jackson and Keifer Sutherland.

Koomaster

Yes?

I don't understand, are you disagreeing or making some other point?
I think we're both saying - why are they both carrying guns and needing police protection? They are trying to have it both ways. Intimidate the people living there by bringing guns and having their march while also hiding behind the police. They either shouldn't have police protection for their racist intimidation march; or leave the guns at home. Or just fucking stay home all together if they are so scared.

R0ckman

The problem with it, is that its covert at the top level and systematic. Terriost organizations are not systematic in the sense that they have any foundational foothold to support themselves infinitely.

Top Bottom