• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Protesters Surround KKK Gathering In Charlottesville

Nepenthe

Wow.

Fucking wow.

Me thinks he copped a ban for some distasteful defense of police at the expense of minorities and was subsequently vindicated when the admin who may or may not have done the deed was fired/retired, even though the salt lingers.

That is literally the only reason it came up in response to a guy who said his ban from the staffer he doesn't even remember the name of actually helped his worldview and empathy towards others.

ThisGuy

So what's the general sentiment over Bish being removed? I didn't have a problem with him. Seemed decent when posting.

I wonder if he banned me. Actually I would love to know who banned me last. Is there a way to find out? Or is it just an ordeal where mods nut up or not?

Not

Banned
So what's the general sentiment over Bish being removed? I didn't have a problem with him. Seemed decent when posting.

I wonder if he banned me. Actually I would love to know who banned me last. Is there a way to find out? Or is it just an ordeal where mods nut up or not?

I haven't gotten banned since he left.

I think.

So that might be a clue for me. There's no way to find out who banned you, can you imagine the bullshit that would create?

I knew the minute that post was made and all but implicated Bish by name people would just use that as a catch all excuse to dump on him and claim "man the site is so much better" despite the, what, five threads now from the last two days that are just lecturing black folks on how to act and how to feel?

Maybe you got banned for being a fucking shithead. In fact I'd bet money you probably did. I get banned for it.

Don't use bish or whoever else as a shield for saying distasteful shit.

Nepenthe

I knew the minute that post was made and all but implicated Bish by name people would just use that as a catch all excuse to dump on him and claim "man the site is so much better" despite the, what, five threads now from the last two days that are just lecturing black folks on how to act and how to feel?

Maybe you got banned for being a fucking shithead. In fact I'd bet money you probably did. I get banned for it.

Don't use bish or whoever else as a shield for saying distasteful shit.

Indeed. Bish made this place far more comfortable to peruse than it is now on subjects pertaining to race.

I mean the fact that you even bring him up in the first place means you're not interested in the purported "free discussion" you claim to want.

Because it had absolutely fucking nothing to do with the discussion that was happening.

I mean the fact that you even bring him up in the first place means you're not interested in the purported "free discussion" you claim to want.

Because it had absolutely fucking nothing to do with the discussion that was happening.
This.

Funny how this topic has diverged from the kkk and police all the way to bish possibly banning people unjustly(many of those people having bigoted opinions). 🤔

Well this thread took a turn...

Anyways, good on the protesters. Normally I'm okay with people having different beliefs and ideas but racism and the KKK is not one of them. Let them feel that their actions are wrong. Maybe one day they'll understand.

ryseing

Any other Charlottesville GAFers? I live here.

It's a small town where changes to these statues/parks were big headlines for a while. This KKK gathering was well known in advance and there was no hope for them coming in and not getting a piece of this community's mind.

It's a very liberal place. Even if some of the people who showed up to be pro-KKK were from near here, they are not at all representative of who you'll meet if you walk around town.

My first thought was "No way those folks are from Charlottesville". It's a uni town and you have to be pretty darn smart to get into UVA.

*Splinter

Good to see a strong counter protest, and like it or not the police are doing their jobs here. A group of 50 being met by a group of 1000 need protection however you feel about them.

Koomaster

Good to see a strong counter protest, and like it or not the police are doing their jobs here. A group of 50 being met by a group of 1000 need protection however you feel about them.
Previously to this protest the KKK announced that Virginia is an open-carry state and they would be carrying. How much protection do these fools need? Maybe if they are so scared, they should just stay home next time.

Glad so many showed up to the counter protest; we don't need the KKK embarrassing themselves here in Virginia.

*Splinter

Previously to this protest the KKK announced that Virginia is an open-carry state and they would be carrying. How much protection do these fools need? Maybe if they are so scared, they should just stay home next time.

Glad so many showed up to the counter protest; we don't need the KKK embarrassing themselves here in Virginia.

A group of 50 that proudly carry guns and preach an ideology of violent extermination of other races
Are you suggesting guns would make that situation safer?

Lime

kkkwesiq.jpg

(if any racial justice protesters had been carrying guns like these KKK people, you know what the response would've been)

The fact they brought it up in this thread in particular speaks volumes.

Man, I shouldn't be surprised to see some of the posts in here, but Jesus Christ.

Another day, another poster shows their ass in ever more crazy and fucked up ways.

Is the statute near the ground? Protestors should have toppled the statute in front of the klan members there
Man, I would have looooved to see that. Then afterwards, the local news team interviews a clan member who actually cries on live tv while saying "muh heritage!" while we all point and laugh at the crybaby who needed protection from people of color that he is actively and proudly oppressing.

Would have made my day. But I guess this Donny dumb dumb jr. story is ok.

akira28

So you admit to ban baiting and backseat modding?

Huh.

that's an interesting accusation that often comes from the people who are actually operating from 3 separate websites to open alts, ban bait and focus the mods on particular posters, often times cooperating. but yeah, people coming into threads to argue against racism are ban baiters who hurt the site.

Sure, let's protect those with hateful opinions and actions with taxpayer money.
Thanks for the link, said it early in the thread without.
But the notallpolice posters will ignore your post.

Lowmelody

'Oh sure, trick me into be a bigoted piece of shit and then ban me for it, real fair. This is why trump won, liberals.'

_Ryo_

Why do the KKK get to wear hoods/masks? I'm pretty sure wearing anything that obscures your face is illegal in Virginia if you're over the age of 18.

There is no need to "ban bait" (whatever that is) the KKK defense force, those types of posters usually do a good job of getting removed all on their own.

"Ban bait" is such a weak excuse. It's a message board, not a live, face-to-face conversation. It takes time to see someone's post, write up a response, and post it. Hell, you even have time to edit it most of the time.

We're all responsible for what we type.

Some now that Bish is gone, who will be the new excuse for "undeserved" bans?

I don't know if Bish is the accused admin or not but race threads have definitely gotten worse since he's been gone. They usually get locked but the offenders get to keep showing their asses, so we end up in these loops. Those of us affected by this shit don't get to talk about it and those with a vested interest in silencing us keep shutting it down.

Judging by this thread, they've actually been emboldened by Bish's departure.

Top Bottom