• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prototype Remastered PS4 Trophies Show Online

Hexa

I never played Prototype though it interested me. Never got around to it. Might pick these up when the remaster is cheap.

I'll buy this for the right price, 40$. While Prototype 2 holds up better, Prototype 1 looks old as dirt and I honestly can't see Activision spending the money to update it visually, I'm expecting more of a minimal effort on their part.

Honestly, who wants this? Is there a Prototype fanbase somewhere?

There are literally dozens of us, dozens!

KingV

Prototype is a series with a ton of untapped potential. I really liked both games but was disappointed by what they could have been.

There's a lot of cool ideas that were not well realized. The powers and general story idea were cool, its like playing as a Super Venom or Carnage character, but the open world and mission designs are kind of underbaked.

I'd still like Prototype 3 though. Hopefully with enough development time to address the shortcomings of previous entries.

I'll buy this for the right price, 40$. While Prototype 2 holds up better, Prototype 1 looks old as dirt and I honestly can't see Activision spending the money to update it visually, I'm expecting more of a minimal effort on their part.

There are literally dozens of us, dozens!

LOL, well played!

LOL @ all the Prototype hate & Infamous love!!

It sure is ironic how the
oh-how-the-tables-have-turned_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

v1ncelis

Too many mediocre games getting remasters. Where's is Mafia The City of Lost Heaven, GTA VC/SA or games who ran like dog shit on last gen like Skyrim remasters?

NotLiquid

Might I recommend

Universes apart from "edgy". And actually quite fun, if unoriginal.

This is why I largely loved Saints Row IV even though it deviated strongly from it's predecessors. It knew how to be a fun super power game that reveled in it's game play insanity and had a good setting for it. Made things so much more enjoyable.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
We've exhausted so many remakes that we already hit the bottom of the barrel it seems.

xHiryu

Prototype 3 would be fucking cool, loved the first two. Such fun ass power trips, wonder where they would go after the seconds epic final fight.

SeanTSC

I enjoyed Prototype 1 and 2 quite a bit. They have this really great "visceral" feeling that Infamous lacks. Just this like, feeling of raw power where as Infamous feels more like "finesse" in comparison (I do really love all 3 Infamous games too though). I'd really like to see a Prototype 3.

That said, I can't imagine many people actually buying Remasters of Prototype 1/2.

CHC

Eh if they want to do it it's their prerogative, but I can't see this doing well. The games are not very memorable.

Raptor

Prototype games are better than InFamous games in the most important aspect, "gameplay" in Prototype you are an Unstopable God wrecking everything in his path, while IF games are cool SS was amazing IMO they dont reach Prototype games fun destruction and just fun ol gameplay.

Also Prototype 2 GORE, dear god was INCREDIBLE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuS6ZJrfZXQ

lmao!

I won't buy them because I already own them for both console and PC, but I'm okay with this.

Very fun and underrated games imho. miles better gameplay-wise than Infamous.

farisr

Wow. If I had to list all the games released last gen in order of "likelihood to get a remaster" this would be extremely low on the list. So unexpected.

This game had promise, but relied on incredibly repetitive missions/activities instead of creating memorable gameplay.

It does not need a remastered version.

Dmonzy

I'm of the mindset that if you don't want it, stop complaining and just don't buy it. But who the hell asked for this?

I don't think stopping the complaints will help prevent future remasters (if anything it will encourage more), as developers/publishers do browse the internet and sometimes listen to their fanbase. That said, I agree that voting with your wallet is still the most effective way. A combination of both is ideal.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Who even asked for this? The only thing good about this game was running up buildings and karate kicking choppers, and those things stopped being fun after less than 15 minutes. The game was an ugly, samey and repetitive mess.

Give me an inFamous 1 + 2 + Festival of Blood remaster package instead.

Who even asked for this? The only thing good about this game was running up buildings and karate kicking choppers, and those things stopped being fun after less than 15 minutes. The game was an ugly, samey and repetitive mess.

Give me an inFamous 1 + 2 + Festival of Blood remaster package instead.

This so much.

Top Bottom