• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prototype Remastered PS4 Trophies Show Online

GavinUK86

What?

I actually loved both games but I have no idea who they're targeting if this is legit.

The first had a way better story but the second had more refined gameplay. If a third was to exist it might be pretty good.

N30RYU

Gold Member
Please god... No more sandboxes... I'm drowning in sand... please give me more corridor experiences of not needing to do useless quests for the sake of the 100h lengh time...

What?

I actually loved both games but I have no idea who they're targeting if this is legit.

The first had a way better story but the second had more refined gameplay. If a third was to exist it might be pretty good.

The same people all these remasters target. Chumps and people who are just now getting into gaming.

That said, the Prototype games were fun as hell and I would probably buy this on the cheap. Nothing like grabbing someone's grandma by the face at a full sprint, running up the side of a building, leaping into the air and throwing her half a mile away.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I remember trying out Prototype at a convention and had the most disgusted look on my face while playing. I felt bad for the guys demo'ing it because they clearly noticed how much I wasn't enjoying the game. I imagine no one wants to show off a game and watch as it visibly makes someone disgusted.

#TeamInfamous

Mahonay

Banned
I've had to use this a lot lately but
qMolVuY.jpg

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Damn a lot of people are crapping on this.

Don't fucking buy it. Problem solved.

Singularity on the otherhand is one Activision game the deserves to get ported to PS4. That game deserves a second chance so much.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Remasters aren't the problem, its what they're Remastering.
First Darksiders 2 and now this?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I feel so sorry for you because I forgot you're being forced to buy both Remasters. :(((
I have no problem with Remasters, but I'm sure you can think of a better candidate for a Remaster, No?

Remasters aren't the problem, its what they're Remastering.
First Darksiders 2 and now this?

They're trying to make these franchises happen for the new generation.

Its-Not-Going-to-Happen-Mean-Girls.gif

Unfortunately they're a year late and games that were received averagely in the first place.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Terrible games?! YOU CAN RUN UP FUCKING BUILDINGS.

Also, INB4 Prototype > Infamous. Because I completely agree.

Me n you are part of a small minority....because I agree. I think they made 2 too easy with the improved Dodge move. It helped but it also made things alot easier vs 1.

I like both Infamous and Prototype. But only 1 of the series I've finished both games and replayed them both again. Thats Prototype. It took me awhile to finish Infamous 1....I got bored with it. I finished Prototype 2 really fast. Played it nonstop when I got it.

Gren

Huh, that was out of left field.

It doesn't bother me that all these remasters are coming out, but I do wonder if their research indicates a large enough audience to turn a profit on this (same goes for Darksiders).

kewlmyc

I don't mind remasters, but usually there's some sort of demand for them. Had no idea people gave a shit about Prototype.

Percy

Banned
I'm having trouble believing they'd bother doing this given no one cared about this series first time around.

Prototype really was better than Infamous.

Infamous 1 maybe. Infamous 2 pretty much shit all over the Prototype games in every way though.

Finally. The outcry from the gaming masses has been heard, and the response given.

Now, my fellow gamers, let us raise our voices to the canopy of heaven and demand remasters of Neverdead and Brink. The vast community of hopeful gamers who have waited breathlessly deserve to have their dreams made real.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Damn a lot of people are crapping on this.

Don't fucking buy it. Problem solved.

Singularity on the otherhand is one Activision game the deserves to get ported to PS4. That game deserves a second chance so much.

+1 to Singularity just because my 360 disc broke...lol. I was just getting to the meat of the game... :-(

I feel like people who prefer Infamous over Prototype are literal crazy people.

Just getting around the world is ridiculously inferior in Infamous, the combat isn't as good either and the mission structure/design I'd say is a wash (they're both mediocre).

Crazies, the lot of ya.

Persona7

Banned
I never tried this game so maybe this will push me into trying this series and I am guessing that is what they are aiming for with this.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Infamous 1 maybe. Infamous 2 pretty much shit all over the Prototype games in every way though.

Nah, the Prototype games are fucking fantastic and just a sheer joy to play, making the player a town ripping, ass kicking god. I'll take any Prototype game over the overhyped mediocrity that is the Infamous series.

Saying that I have Prototype 1 and 2 on PC already but I would take a better port of both in an instant, specifically Prototype 2.

Pavaloo

Yes please

I dont want to play this again on 360 or PS3 and have actively tried playing it on my PC, but for some reason the games can't run for shit on AMD GPUs so if they remastered everything to look like the cg cutscene in the beginning of P1 and had it playing on my XBONE? Fuhgeddaboutit

but who's making it? Does Radical still exist in a development capacity?

So, it turns out the remaster barrel does have a bottom to it. Scrape away then....
Prototype is nowhere near the bottom, seriously. I can understand critical opinions on it, but the bottom is way, way deeper.

And I think Prototype Remastered will get... "outranked" in next two years. Not sure by what specifically, but I expect something.

RootCause

I get not being interested in this but I don't understand why anyone would be upset by this news. At all.
I feel the same way. Porting these games don't take much effort for them, and depending on sales it might entice them to make a sequel. Really hoping for a Dead Space Collection with all of the dlc.

elhav

Where the hell is my Mass Effect trilogy remaster?

Well fuck that! now we have Prototype remastered! A game literally no one asked a remaster for.

Nah, jk. Happy for the few fans that actually wanted this.

PreFire

Never knew so many people hated Prototype. I spent GTA-like hours on the series. Being able to leap hundreds of feet in the air, grab someone by the throat and toss them hundreds of yards.. Along with being able to lift and toss cars, trucks, etc.

I'm just hoping for a ps4 prototype 3

The story wasn't all that in part 2.. But the free roaming was the best part for me. Loved the powers

Tbh I like it a million times more than any of the infamous games

RootCause

Where the hell is my Mass Effect trilogy remaster?

Well fuck that! now we have Prototype remastered! A game literally no one asked a remaster for.

Nah, jk. Happy for the few fans that actually wanted this.
I want ME, and DS remasters soooo bad. D;

Prototype is nowhere near the bottom, seriously. I can understand critical opinions on it, but the bottom is way, way deeper.

And I think Prototype Remastered will get... "outranked" in next two years. Not sure by what specifically, but I expect something.

Predictions for "worst game for which you could imagine a remaster being made" are welcomed:

How about...Colonial Marines?

Ahasverus

They were fugly in 360, imagine them in PS4. Recycling 2002 Spiderman 2's "New York" (20 blocks of Manhattan) map would lead to that though. That said, this prorably means there is a Prototype 3 coming.

Top Bottom