• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Blog GDC Wrap-up: Indie Developers Choose PS4, PS3, PS Vita

So many Vita announcements. while certainly encouraging, I won't get too hyped until the games are actually shown to be running on the vita and have a firm release date. Won't be again burned by promises of games to come only to end up waiting years for nothing.

Ashler

What dark magic is this?! Momentum for the PS Vita incoming?

My one year old purchase redeemed. \o/

Wf7uDOn.jpg

Primal Carnage lookin' sexy as fuck! O_O

The homepage for Primal.

http://www.primalgenesis.com/website/

Primal Carnage: Genesis is a story driven, episodic single player adventure that takes place in a world where dinosaurs have been brought back to life. We aim to resurrect the immersive dinosaur first person experience that people have been waiting for. Explore a mix of tropical and man-made environments that are teeming with prehistoric life, experience the fear of being hunted by long forgotten beasts and join in the survival of the fittest. Dinosaurs are back.

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see more from it. Also when the T-Rex breaks out the dude seems to be moving around the camera freely around the 2:02 mark right before he get stomped.

pswii60

Ibb & Obb looks awesome. Want.

I hope Sony can gain the kind of traction on PS4 that iOS App Store has. It's important to do the groundwork now, so they're doing this right.

Man this news give me chills up my back, Xbox gamer this generation, but as I have said before it is more and more likely I will join the Sony side next gen

I just want to know one thing, how the hell are MS going to compete with all this mind blowing news when they have to reveal the Xbox?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Finally, Unity for Vita... Let's see how much they charge for the plugin.

Hopefully they will have a Unity for PS Mobile at a lower cost. This should be even more helpful for indies, if SCE solves the performance issues with the PS Vita's PS Mobile VM, as it gives you access to a much wider variety of platforms.

The thing about Unity Pro is that it kind of locks behind the not trivial paywall some features which are used by relatively cheap plugins like AI and path finding ones which kind of need nav meshes you generate with Unity Pro only.

My advice would be to stay away from too complex games and focus on a very neat game concept you have a chance to actually realize and polish. Then, if your game is well received you might look into platforms which allow you to self publish... Who knows, maybe companies like Sony might even pick you to publish the game natively... Unity 3D native could already be used on PS Vita for example, see Escape Plan.

Still good news indeed.

Just went to watch Primal Carnage trailer

Made a mistake... Did not pack any clean pants for after the trailer had finished!

Hope it looks just as awesome when playing it, looks amazing

SmokyDave

So many Vita games. Vita games as far as the eye can see. I'm really looking forward to Spelunky, I never got around to playing it on 360.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Sony needs to get rid of 100 bubbles limit crap on the Vita, release 64 and 128 GB mem cards priced at $79 and $119 respectively.

Lol, who has reached 100 bubbles?

I agree about the mem cards, I'm only on a 16gb and an 8gb and find myself constantly shuffling around. It's a shame you're forced to keep some apps and shit too. Would like to get rid of Welcome Park for starters.

So many Vita games. Vita games as far as the eye can see. I'm really looking forward to Spelunky, I never got around to playing it on 360.

Played it on 360. It's the last game I want on a handheld that's so easy to throw. Holy shit is that game infuriating. Vita as indie King would be amazing though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I thought RAIN was developed by SCEJ/Acquire? Why is it in this indie game list?
It's being done through PlayStation CAMP!, which is Sony's Japanese indie pitch/audition platform. Tokyo Jungle was done through that too.

shink

First time I've heard of ibb and obb but that looks great, that and Guacamelee I'm super excited about.

VanWinkle

I gotta be honest. I wasn't remotely interested in Primal Carnage but that description got me pumped.

pretty sure we are first to be announced :D

Have you done any work on the PS4 version yet? Do you know what framerate and PC-equivalent setting you are aiming for?

Zia

Title is kind of misleading. I assumed this was a Gamasutra or Edge piece, instead of PR blog post.

SparkTR

Title is kind of misleading. I assumed this was a Gamasutra or Edge piece, instead of PR blog post.

Especially since Microsoft haven't announced their plans yet. I don't see why these indie developers wouldn't want to be there as well, as a whole lot of them are already on PC.

And you wonder why GAF is known as a Sony fanboy forum. What are they supposed to say, Indie developers chose iOS? The PS4 looks like a very appealing platform, but this whole "SONY ALREADY WON NEXT-GEN" shtick has got to stop. Microsoft hasn't shown anything yet.

JoshHood

And you wonder why GAF is known as a Sony fanboy forum. What are they supposed to say, Indie developers chose iOS? The PS4 looks like a very appealing platform, but this whole "SONY ALREADY WON NEXT-GEN" shtick has got to stop. Microsoft hasn't shown anything yet.
Are you kidding me? A Sony fanboy forum? It was the 'Vita is dead' forum for the best part of the last twelve months.

iceatcs

if you are not happy with the title, but it is nothing to do Sony fans, OP basically copied the title from PSBlog.

VanWinkle

The thread title was the title of the blog post. People do that all the time on threads about articles on the Internet.

Top Bottom