• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July: Until Dawn and Game of Thrones for PS4

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Tokyo Jungle is a bad game that is stangely enjoyable for reasons that dont make any sense. Mechanically it's poor. The gameplay isn't good. The gamplay loop is so repetitive it's ridiculous. But there's a unique charm to it that makes it hard to put down despite all of this. It's really weird. Never played a game like it.

bombshell

Damn! Already played Until Dawn, but everyone getting the chance to play one of the best PS4 exclusives makes this the best month on PS+ since the good old PS3 days.

Fbh

Thats You is hella fun with friends
Until Dawn you mean?.

I played it with other people and still didn't find it that good. The second half is fun but the first half has waaaaaay too much walking in straight line with animal related jump scares.
Also the audio gave me a ton of issues. No matter what options I enabled or disabled everyone sounded as if they had been recorded with a cellphone.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
a few months ago

it's enjoyable but also like an hour and a half long and just pressing forward on the left stick for 99% of that

edit: it was for US while Alienation was for UK, which is why I'm salty because I've wanted to play Alienation forever and the US still hasn't gotten it months later
Aah yes i got alienation.. AU here

So happy that Until Dawn is on the list this month. I've had the game in my hand 2 or 3 times contemplating buying it but never did. Looks like that worked out for me.

brainslug

Great month for those who haven't played Until Dawn - it's actually a very good game.

Game of Thrones is ok too, but not one of Telltale's best. But give it a shot if you like GoT.

xrnzaaas

Oh!
Really want to play it and was going to buy it some weeks ago.

Shit! It'll take 1,2 days for me to download it!

It may be actually closer to 50 like Moon Presence said. PS Store states 38.5GB, but they often don't include patches and they can weigh a few additional gigabytes.

The "good" news is that even if it takes you a few days to download the game itself isn't that long. I've finished it a couple of times to get the platinum and it took me only about 3 evenings.

xrnzaaas

Are there any spoilers for the show in TT's GoT? Or would things make more sense in the game if I watched the show first?

Some of the scenes in the game take place close to big events on the show like the Purple Wedding. They don't recreate the scenes from the show, but you might get some spoilers.

Everyone who still has a PS3 and no Tokyo Jungle:

GET TOYKO JUNGLE!!

Best game on PS3. No contest.
It's the game I come back to every single time I turn on my PS3.

Zasa

Brilliant month, although I finished Until Dawn & loved it. Been meaning to play Game of Thrones & a more laidback game. Perfect month to play it as well.

Zutrax

Are there any spoilers for the show in TT's GoT? Or would things make more sense in the game if I watched the show first?

There absolutely is. The very first scene in the game is set from a different perspective of one of the more popular "twist" scenes in the show. Knowledge of the events happening is not absolutely required, but you will definitely be spoiled on quite a few events and character locations/actions from the show. As well as knowledge of the world and what's happening really grounds the games story into being more coherent, I can imagine it being a bit overwhelming or confusing to people who don't know anything about Game of Thrones' universe.

Edit: Also this month is great, but I'm bummed because I own both these titles already so this isn't very valuable for me personally.

Some of the scenes in the game take place close to big events on the show like the Purple Wedding. They don't recreate the scenes from the show, but you might get some spoilers.

Red Wedding? Trying to think what it would have been like as a purple wedding. Made me think of Purple Rain.

Eventhough that I got Until Dawn, I still find this month very good. Congrats to those who didn't get it yet. It's a great game.
I hope Sony will continue giving AAA games each month.

Purple wedding is season 4 episode 2 my dude. Similar naming convention, different event entirely.

Ah, okay. I only played the first episode of the game, and that was around the Red Wedding.

Didn't even know the other one was called the Purple Wedding. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

bombshell

My PS+ lapsed and I have a 12 month subscription card that I didn't activate yet. I was delaying activating it until I needed to play online again, unless the free month was really worth it.

Guess I'll still be delaying. Sigh.

Played Until Dawn or not? If no, this is not a delay month. It's a must play.

I think Sony should stop giving PS3 games and replace them with more PS4 games even indies, or a VR game and a PS2 Classic game once in a while.

Top Bottom