• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July: Until Dawn and Game of Thrones for PS4

Sora_N

Great that they include Until Dawn, I might try it but not into those kind of games. Still happy there's good stuff.

I may try out Darkstalkers though! :)

WITHE1982

I would play Until Dawn but I already watched it on YouTube

I've exactly the same attitude. I've watched Legend of Zelda, Uncharted 4, Horizon and many other on Youtube. It's a shame as I've not actually played a game in years

/s

giphy.webp

Gurish

Holy shit an actual AAA game, and an awesome one as well :O

If they will keep it like this I will re-new my subscription.

Tyrael

Good month.

Already have Until Dawn (physical) and Game of Thrones (on Steam), but its good to finally see good retail games om PS+.

I think I will even download Until Dawn so I don't have to bother putting the disc in the PS4 when comes the time to play it.

I've exactly the same attitude. I've watched Legend of Zelda, Uncharted 4, Horizon and many other on Youtube. It's a shame as I've not actually played a game in years

/s

giphy.webp
As someone who loved Until Dawn and obviously think watching a playthrough doesn't do it justice because the reason it shines is because of the interactivity... this is pretty disingenuous as Until Dawn is still very much a cinematic movie game that doesn't rely on moment to moment gameplay unlike the others you listed.

ZangBa

/s

giphy.webp

I watched all of those except Zelda, too. Should have just watched Zelda, already traded that boring game in awhile ago.

Tankard

Feels like PS+ is getting better. Until Dawn was my personal game of the year. Will finally play GOT despite Telltale.
Also nice that they will have that Play thing in there, interested.

Type40

Super, another bad budget horror game I won't be installing on my ps4.
At least the Playlink game looks cool. Already have the PS3 games.

WITHE1982

As someone who loved Until Dawn and obviously think watching a playthrough doesn't do it justice because the reason it shines is because of the interactivity... this is pretty disingenuous as Until Dawn is still very much a cinematic movie game that doesn't rely on moment to moment gameplay unlike the others you listed.

If that's the case when why bother playing any heavily cinematic game? David Cage would be out of a job in no time.

To not play UD based on a single Youtube video is doing the game a massive disservice given the multiple endings and choices it provides.

I watched all of those except Zelda, too. Should have just watched Zelda, already traded that boring game in awhile ago.

Lol.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
My PS+ lapsed and I have a 12 month subscription card that I didn't activate yet. I was delaying activating it until I needed to play online again, unless the free month was really worth it.

Guess I'll still be delaying. Sigh.

Lifeline

I loved Until Dawn and think it as one of the, if not the best game in the genre. The story is part of the reason, but I enjoyed the gameplay in it too. I don't think it's a similar experience at all if you watch a YouTube video of it.

hawk2025

You will always get the edgelords saying they have already watched a game on youtube -- best to move on and not get into the 100th argument over "but what is a videogamezzzx?!?"

Until Dawn is fantastic and should be played by everyone.

If that's the case when why bother playing any heavily cinematic game? David Cage would be out of a job in no time.

To not play UD based on a single Youtube video is doing the game a massive disservice given the multiple endings and choices it provides.

I agree with you but like I said, there's still a stark contrast between a cinematic game and a gameplay oriented game. Personally I'd feel a bit deflated playing Until Dawn or a Telltalte game after already watching someone play through the entire thing.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
wow @ until dawn. great game. already have it, but happy people wil get to experience it.

kinda perturbed by the amount of adventure titles in a row we got

tales of borderlands
life is strange
game of thrones
and until dawn

all in 3 months.

great games none the less, im just exhausted from the genre

Zero315

Banned
Telltale GoT is their worst game :/

Jurassic Park still exists, so nah, GoT isn't anywhere close to being their worst.

That being said, it isn't good though. Mostly it's just boring and all your choices lose their weight when you realize that the game is playing in the tv series world, therefore nothing you do in it matters.

Until Dawn though, now that's a damn good game. Now I'll have a disc and a digital copy.

I loved Until Dawn and think it as one of the, if not the best game in the genre. The story is part of the reason, but I enjoyed the gameplay in it too. I don't think it's a similar experience at all if you watch a YouTube video of it.

I think it's the best in the genre too and it's definitely not the same experience by watching a youtube video. Does watching the entire youtube video ruin playing the game more than something like zelda though? absolutely.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Fixed for ya. Anyway the last few months have had

- Tales from the Borderlands
-ABZU
- Life is Strange
- Killing Floor 2
- Until Dawn
- Game of Thrones

as the PS4 only games, and I love some of those (KF2, Until Dawn), and slightly enjoyed two others (Tales from the Borderlands, ABZU) but I wish the PS4 games start getting more gameplay oriented since all of those except KF2 are super cinematic games. If it wasn't for the indies I'd be pretty personally disappointed especially since I had a lot of the cinematic games already.

Alienation when

Yeah it really is astounding.

It's "how to make a telltale game 101" and "how not to make a telltale game 101" in the same month lol
When was ABZU available?

When was ABZU available?

a few months ago

it's enjoyable but also like an hour and a half long and just pressing forward on the left stick for 99% of that

edit: it was for US while Alienation was for UK, which is why I'm salty because I've wanted to play Alienation forever and the US still hasn't gotten it months later

Own most of the month:/

In for got eventually. Really wish Sony would update Tokyo jungle for the PS4 as it’s a great game.

Also you guys better play UD.

Top Bottom