• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July: Until Dawn and Game of Thrones for PS4

Tizoc

Tsk and I had bought until dawn months ago.

Telltale GoT is their worst game :/

PS3 owners are lucky though: Darkstalkers 2 and 3 are great fighters.

Roussow

How does GoT compare to Life is Strange? I only played it because it was free with plus and i absolutely loved it.

I'm completely new to this kind of games.

It's okay. It's got some great moments, but LiS is the better and more consistent game, with more interesting mechanics. If you're not too familiar with these games yet it might impress you more than most people familiar with the preceding Telltale games. If you're into Game of Thrones it's really neat to see major characters weave in and out of the story voiced by the show actors. I mean, given it's free you may as well give the first episode a shot and see if you enjoy it, that first episode has a great ending.

Until Dawn is the bees knees. Legit one of the PS4's best exclusives. It's there in the top ten anyway.

Given Sony's continued collaborations with Supermassive (Hidden Agenda/The Inpatient) and now offering a big first-party exclusive as a PS+ game, I can't help but think there might be a sequel in the works.

I got so hooked watching it that I went to other channels that made different choices, so I've seen everything. Completely on me, I know. Same thing happened with Bloodborne playthroughs.

Do you have other people to play with? Even if you know what's going to happen, it's still fun seeing other people's reactions and how they make the decisions.

Lifeline

Until Dawn is the bees knees. Legit one of the PS4's best exclusives. It's there in the top ten anyway.

Given Sony's continued collaborations with Supermassive (Hidden Agenda/The Inpatient) and now offering a big first-party exclusive as a PS+ game, I can't help but think there might be a sequel in the works.

The Inpatient and Rush of Blood are already sequels/prequels. I doubt anyone who hasn't played the main Until Dawn would be interested in those, especially since they're a bit spoilery.

So could be a way to sell those spin offs.

I'm just gunna leave this here...

phpf50mqPDStalkers.jpg

Vashetti

Banned
Wow great month.

Played the free first ep of GoT a while ago and enjoyed it, had the full game on my wishlist for awhile.

Until Dawn, wow!

MadMod

Good month. But unfortunately I have both PS4 games and Tokyo jungle. :/ Same happened with Tales from the Borderlands and Alienation. Guess it shows the quality of ps plus lately that I already own the games.

renzolama

I'm so out of touch with what people want from PS+, the last couple months being "awesome" is baffling to me. I guess the days of 1-2 year old AAA releases is completely gone and now we're happy to get decently rated indies and AA releases forever. There are remasters and collectors editions of AAA PS4 games selling for < $20 constantly on the Playstation Store, yet we haven't seen a single one show up in PS+ for years now. Then again, why would Sony pony up the cash for that when people overflow with gratitude for random poorly-rated telltale game #7.

Astral

Already beat Until Dawn twice when I rented it on Redbox but I'm definitely getting it again now. It's SO fun with friends. Horror/Party game is the appropriate genre.

Hot damn. Really great month. Telltale's GoT isn't great, but it's a fun enough time for series fans. Until Dawn is genuinely fantastic, and the exact sort of game more people should play - and now may, thanks to it being free to download. That's You also seems super fun, and it's really smart to push that in conjunction with July 4th. Going to be big at summer BBQs.

Wonder who at Telltale thought it was a good idea to share this month with Until Dawn. Well if it can get more people to recognize how mediocre they really are this can only be a win for the game industry.

I'm so out of touch with what people want from PS+, the last couple months being "awesome" is baffling to me. I guess the days of 1-2 year old AAA releases is completely gone and now we're happy to get decently rated indies and AA releases forever. There are remasters and collectors editions of AAA PS4 games selling for < $20 constantly on the Playstation Store, yet we haven't seen a single one show up in PS+ for years now. Then again, why would Sony pony up the cash for that when people overflow with gratitude for random poorly-rated telltale game #7.

Killing Floor 2 is a lot of freaking fun, Life Is Strange wasn't poorly rated at all, and Until Dawn is terrific (uses the Decima engine from Killzone and Horizon, as well). I don't know if UD is considered AAA or AA, but regardless, it's one of my favorite games from 2015, so it seems like a perfect inclusion. Can't speak for Game of Thrones, which didn't rate as highly as Life Is Strange, but I've never heard a bad thing about it from people who have played it, and I bought the Physical Special Edition and never sold it. The only "bad" thing was that I already own Until Dawn and already owned Life Is Strange, but Killing Floor 2 is addictive.

Tearaway Unfolded was also great, and I didn't expect to have as much fun as I did.

It only took, what, 4 years to have a good retail game on PS+?

About fucking time, Jesus Christ

Eh, I thought MGSV: Ground Zeroes and Injustice were great/good, Tearaway was great, and Life Is Strange is available for retail and is great. So I dunno, different strokes, but I was a fan of all of those.

Nesther

PS+ on a roll! Until Dawn and Tokyo Jungle are incredible games, enjoy.

I'm really interested in giving that PlayLink game a whirl.

stupei

Just remembered the other day when I wanted to replay it that I apparently sold my copy of Until Dawn. This is perfect timing.

Top Bottom