• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July: Until Dawn and Game of Thrones for PS4

Last month was good was well, since it included Killing Floor 2.
Fixed for ya. Anyway the last few months have had

- Tales from the Borderlands
- ABZU
- Life is Strange
- Killing Floor 2
- Until Dawn
- Game of Thrones

as the PS4 only games, and I love some of those (KF2, Until Dawn), and slightly enjoyed two others (Tales from the Borderlands, ABZU) but I wish the PS4 games start getting more gameplay oriented since all of those except KF2 are super cinematic games. If it wasn't for the indies I'd be pretty personally disappointed especially since I had a lot of the cinematic games already.

Alienation when

Wonder who at Telltale thought it was a good idea to share this month with Until Dawn. Well if it can get more people to recognize how mediocre they really are this can only be a win for the game industry.

Yeah it really is astounding.

It's "how to make a telltale game 101" and "how not to make a telltale game 101" in the same month lol

ZangBa

Do my eyes deceive me? Are those good PS3 games in the era of the PS4? I'm shocked.

PS4 games are wack as usual, though.

Zyrox

Until Dawn is nice, though I already played it. Don't care for anything else.
Where the hell is Knack?

Fbh

Good month but nothing much for me.

Already played Until down and wasn't really a fan, and I've heard so many bad comments about game of thrones that I don't even know if it's worth the time.

Everyone who still owns a PS3 should give Tokyo jungle a try. It's secretly the best local coop game of last gen

Good month but nothing much for me.

Already played Until down and wasn't really a fan, and I've heard so many bad comments about game of thrones that I don't even know if it's worth the time.

Everyone who still owns a PS3 should give Tokyo jungle a try. It's secretly the best local coop game of last gen

Thats You is hella fun with friends

KORNdoggy

great month. but i own until dawn already. in for game of thrones though, one of the few telltale games i haven't played yet and should make waiting for the show a little less painful. lol

eFKac

Until Dawn?! I can't believe it, waited so long for it to drop in price to some decent levels for me and it never did.

Incredible month.

Rymuth

Normally I'd say 'buy Until Dawn to support the devs' but since Sony keeps commissioning Supermassive, the game likely did all right for them.

bunkitz

Damn! Bought Until Dawn at a sale last time. Could have saved $5 or something. Oh well. But hey, Game of Thrones and Darkstalkers. Cool. Just glad to see the lineup is improving.

TP-DK

Holy shit I was planning on buying Untill Dawn as soon as I finished Life is Strange so this is perfect. Great month!

Melchiah

It only took, what, 4 years to have a good retail game on PS+?

About fucking time, Jesus Christ

Last month's Life Is Strange (85% Metascore) was released on retail as well. Then there's...
Injustice: Gods Among Us in January 2015 (80% Metascore)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes in June 2015 (75% Metascore)
Zombi in April 2016 (71/77% Metascore)
NBA 2K16 in June 2016 (87% Metascore)
LittleBigPlanet 3 in February 2017 (79% Metascore)
Tearaway Unfolded in March 2017 (81% Metascore)

Not that it matters, since some of my best gaming experiences this gen have been digital releases.

jayu26

I swear I did too but looking it up it wasn't a free game before. They have had it on sale for as low as 99¢ though

Did they give it away at PSX or something?

You may be thinking of the OG Flash Sale, where everything was 99 cents. Would like to see one of those again, though the Mid-Year Sale is damn near close

I really don't remember paying for it, let me check.

edit: bah, looks like I paid for it.

RK128

Sony is on FIRE lately with Plus! Loved 'Life is Strange' and getting a fun horror adventure with 'Until Dawn next week? Sweet!

Never played Darkstalkers, so having that on PS3 should be fun :). The Vita games look great too! Great month :D.

Top Bottom