• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS NOW price cut - EU: €9.99 UK £8.99 US $9.99 monthly

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
AARGGH - PS NOW - not Plus :messenger_fearful: :messenger_fearful: :messenger_fearful: :messenger_fearful: sorry!

"Following PlayStation™Now's recent global expansion to cover 19 territories, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced its pioneering cloud game subscription service will offer lower pricing and expand with more blockbuster games. PlayStation Now subscriptions will start at $9.99 monthly, while adding marquee, limited-time titles such as Grand Theft Auto V* and God of War to the more than 800** games available on the service. PlayStation Now is the first and only console game subscription service on the market that uses cloud technology to deliver a breadth of unprecedented games.

Starting today, PlayStation Now, which is available on PlayStation®4 (PS4™) systems and PC, will be offered at the following prices, keeping in line with pricing for other entertainment streaming services. Current customers will see this price change in their next billing cycle.

US: $9.99 – monthly / $24.99 – quarterly / $59.99 – yearly (from 19.99/ 44.99/ 99.99)
EU: €9.99 – monthly / €24.99 – quarterly / €59.99 – yearly (from 14.99/ (N/A)/ 99.99)
UK: £8.99 – monthly / £22.99 – quarterly / £49.99 – yearly (from 12.99 / (N/A) / 84.99)
JP: ¥1,180 – monthly / ¥2,980 – quarterly / ¥6,980 – yearly (from 2,500 / 5,900/ (N/A))"

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
AARGGH - PS NOW - not Plus :messenger_fearful: :messenger_fearful: :messenger_fearful: :messenger_fearful: sorry!

"Following PlayStation™Now's recent global expansion to cover 19 territories, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced its pioneering cloud game subscription service will offer lower pricing and expand with more blockbuster games. PlayStation Now subscriptions will start at $9.99 monthly, while adding marquee, limited-time titles such as Grand Theft Auto V* and God of War to the more than 800** games available on the service. PlayStation Now is the first and only console game subscription service on the market that uses cloud technology to deliver a breadth of unprecedented games.

Starting today, PlayStation Now, which is available on PlayStation®4 (PS4™) systems and PC, will be offered at the following prices, keeping in line with pricing for other entertainment streaming services. Current customers will see this price change in their next billing cycle.

US: $9.99 – monthly / $24.99 – quarterly / $59.99 – yearly (from 19.99/ 44.99/ 99.99)
EU: €9.99 – monthly / €24.99 – quarterly / €59.99 – yearly (from 14.99/ (N/A)/ 99.99)
UK: £8.99 – monthly / £22.99 – quarterly / £49.99 – yearly (from 12.99 / (N/A) / 84.99)
JP: ¥1,180 – monthly / ¥2,980 – quarterly / ¥6,980 – yearly (from 2,500 / 5,900/ (N/A))"

I think there will be a tiered PS Plus System when PS5 Launches that will Bundle The Playstations various online Services and this Price cut is the first step

Last edited:

Paradicia

source.gif

i mean i prob wont sign up anytime soon, but 10$ is a nice price. 60$ for the year is where the values at though

granted at the same time, I can just buy all those old games on amazon for ~10$ and own them.

its still a significant price cut, im guessing it has to do with pressure from the competition. ooo baby shits heating up.

Last edited:

Tumle

Thats great and is now competitive with game pass.. though game pass still have all new first party games to play, ps now have them beat on quantity 😊

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This pricing makes more sense. It's 2019 pricing and not pricing PS Now like it's 2008.

The Shepard

£50 a year is actually good! Only downside is I own most the games I want on ps4 and ps3. I got my xbox and gamepass at same time so was a no brainer.

thelastword

Banned
PSNOW is amazing value with over 750 games, they don't come and go either, instead the library is extended...…...

Also, did anybody mention that with PSNOW......You don't need PSPLUS, you are already covered in that sub for online gaming......Amazing now innit?

PSNOW is amazing value with over 750 games, they don't come and go either, instead the library is extended...…...

Also, did anybody mention that with PSNOW......You don't need PSPLUS, you are already covered in that sub for online gaming......Amazing now innit?

this actually seems better than ps+.... is the only thing you get with plus are discounts now? ( and obviously different 'free' games)

Graciaus

All PlayStation Now games can be streamed on PS4 or Windows PC (minimum requirements apply). PS Now games (PS4 and PS2) can only be downloaded to a PS4.

PS Now games are streamed from our servers to your PS4 or PC over an internet connection at a maximum resolution of 720p. Streamed games are available in stereo only and surround sound is not supported.

Now I remember why I've never tried this.

Bryank75

Banned
All PlayStation Now games can be streamed on PS4 or Windows PC (minimum requirements apply). PS Now games (PS4 and PS2) can only be downloaded to a PS4.

PS Now games are streamed from our servers to your PS4 or PC over an internet connection at a maximum resolution of 720p. Streamed games are available in stereo only and surround sound is not supported.

Streaming will always be inferior, there is no getting around that!

thelastword

Banned
this actually seems better than ps+.... is the only thing you get with plus are discounts now? ( and obviously different 'free' games)
It's great, you want to gain access to a huge range of games across PS3 and PS4, you don't even need a PS4, your laptop PC, your toaster desktop PC is just fine, no need for a good GPU or CPU. Just subscribe at $10 and get over 750 games at your fingertips, all with a 5Mbps connection, with no need to pay a separate bill for online gaming...…...Who else is offering so many games with such value in the space......

FranXico

It's great, you want to gain access to a huge range of games across PS3 and PS4, you don't even need a PS4, your laptop PC, your toaster desktop PC is just fine, no need for a good GPU or CPU. Just subscribe at $10 and get over 750 games at your fingertips, all with a 5Mbps connection, with no need to pay a separate bill for online gaming...…...Who else is offering so many games with such value in the space......
Beware: streaming may work on a toaster PC, but you still need a fast and stable internet connection.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I never knew it was capped at 720p. What the hell?

Bryank75

Banned
Crap. They had to follow bad examples too.
That's good, it will keep people subbed. If they didn't rotate and through everything up at once.... Xbox and PC guys would be gloating that they played everything PlayStation had to offer for 10 dollars... blah blah blah.

This is truly a Netflix-like model.

I am guessing Kojimas next project will be an episodic like game to link into this streaming service.

10 bucks a month for basically nothing.

Or better, for things you get for free and better somewhere else.

Oh, NOW, not plus. Still, garbage service.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
10 bucks a month for basically nothing.

Or better, for things you get for free and better somewhere else.

Oh, NOW, not plus. Still, garbage service.
People who do game streaming don't care about that.... they just want cheap, easy access from a reputable source.

It's for those people who used to use Blockbuster years ago....

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
People who do game streaming don't care about that.... they just want cheap, easy access from a reputable source.

It's for those people who used to use Blockbuster years ago....

I did subscription gaming before it was cool with BlockBusters Game Pass. Those were the days

thelastword

Banned
Thank you MS. Sony was forced to make PSNow better. Competition works.
Competition is always good, but NOW was always ahead of the curve, they were always profitable, they always offered more games and they still do now and of course there's still no need to pay for plus even with the rotation system which begins in January 2020...….

Beware: streaming may work on a toaster PC, but you still need a fast and stable internet connection.
Yes, that's why I said a 5Mbps connection is what's required, where even the guy from a remote location can get a green light to stream...…..The requirements for streaming are pretty reasonable for people without great computers or the best internet available.....Obviously, if you have higher-speed internet with better pings, even better, but a guy who only has 5Mbps in 2019 is still good to go, that has to account for something now innit, that level of entry is not steep and sweeps a much larger demographic......

Leonidas

3-month trials of old games aren't compelling to me in the slightest.

Price drop is good but isn't this a downgrade? At least there was a price drop for the service seemingly dropping in quality, unlike PS+, which stayed the same price after losing 2/3 of it's monthly content...

FranXico

So would you get Plus games if you only had Playstation Now?

I had no idea it was combined
No, it's not combined in that way. He just means that PSNow includes online multiplayer for the games it provides.

Plus games are not necessarily on Now and vice versa.

Games you already own, but are not on Now still require Plus for online multiplayer.

Last edited:
No, it's not combined in that way. He just means that PSNow includes online multiplayer for the games it provides.

Plus games are not necessarily on Now and vice versa.

Games you already own, but are not on Now still require Plus for online multiplayer.

Then why is residential sony shill thelastsword shilling it as a replacement, i seriously thought i could cancel my ps plus and get now instead......

NickFire

If you download a game, is it accurate that you can play it the same as purchasers (1080/4k and surround sound)?

Assuming the answer is yes, this new annual pricing is very attractive IMO. It's basically the exact cost of two games to rent a catalog for a year that you can play however they were intended. I treat it as costing 120 a year because any multiplayer games would obviously require PS+ unless I missed something.

Tumle

If you download a game, is it accurate that you can play it the same as purchasers (1080/4k and surround sound)?

Assuming the answer is yes, this new annual pricing is very attractive IMO. It's basically the exact cost of two games to rent a catalog for a year that you can play however they were intended. I treat it as costing 120 a year because any multiplayer games would obviously require PS+ unless I missed something.
Games downloaded via ps now can be played online with out ps+ subscription 😊

FranXico

Downloaded games run natively, so there are no restrictions. PSNow games can be played online without Plus.

NickFire

Games downloaded via ps now can be played online with out ps+ subscription 😊
Downloaded games run natively, so there are no restrictions. PSNow games can be played online without Plus.

That is huge, and not something I ever expected. Sony should find a way to get that information on the PS4 boxes if they haven't already. One payment of $60 provides a year of games with no other purchase necessary for online play. I'd think that would be a huge hook for Xmas shopping parents.

DanielsM

Banned
That is huge, and not something I ever expected. Sony should find a way to get that information on the PS4 boxes if they haven't already. One payment of $60 provides a year of games with no other purchase necessary for online play. I'd think that would be a huge hook for Xmas shopping parents.

Welcome to 2018. (hint, it wasn't really that huge, although we can probably speculate they got a few customers for PS Now)

Last edited:
Top Bottom